Airmail Mac 3.x

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reply Header

Please include the possibility to customize the Reply Header of an email, a template with a set of variables to choose from.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Larger folder text option

Not all of us can see that well... Option to have larger fon in folders and elsewhere

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Accepted  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →
  4. Don't automatically open attachments when saving

Save the email attachments and Airmail 2.0 opens the first (or only) attachment. eg A zip gets un-zipped, a PDF gets opened, etc.

I am choosing to save not open. This current functionality is not productive and is counter-intuitive - more-so because there is no user feedback that this is taking place (a large zip file can unzip and tie-up the Airmail app without any feedback).

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Show meeting time and date in large font at top on meeting invites

When I get meeting invites (now with accept/decline/maybe options – thanks!) I often have a hard time figuring out when the request is for. Is it possible to show the meeting date & time in large font at the top of the email somewhere so i don't have to switch to Calendar to see?

Also, whenever I get a "Proposed new time" response (probably from Outlook) to a meeting invite I sent, I can never see what new time was proposed, so I have to email that person and ask specifically. Is that available in the metadata somewhere, and can…

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Highlight folders with unread mail

If a folder has unread mail it be nice if Airmail would highlight or bold that label so that it stands out more similar to the way Apple Mail and Gmail works. Labels are a useful way to prioritize incoming email and since I've switched to AirMail I find it is easy to overlook new mail in certain categories.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to unify accounts into separate inboxes e.g. Personal and Work

I have lots of personal email addresses which I would like to see in one unified account but I would I like this kept separate from my work email accounts. Right now, I can either have them all unified or all separate - a third option would be great.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Notification for filter mail (with gmail filters and "skip inbox")

Actually, Airmail doesn't notify me when I receive mail that are filtered with "skip inbox" option in gmail.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Open Quick Reply window below an email

When the "Quick Reply by default" option is checked in the "Composer" tab for an account, a Quick Reply window opens if replying to an email.

The window currently opens on top of the email you're replying to. It would be nice to open the window below the email instead, GMail-style. It would be less of a mental model change coming from GMail. If this is not possible for some reason, it would be great to at least have the option to do so.

My guess is that the Quick Reply window currently opens on top, because the Reply buttons…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. topquoting

This is trivial, when I reply to an email with a quote, I'd like to start typing below the quote.

Bottomquoting annoys some people on established mailing lists.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hide IMAP Root Folders

You already hide the default [Gmail] Root Folder, which is great. However, some german GMail Accounts have a different Root Folder named [Google Mail], which is not hidden but never in use.
    It would also be nice if the root folder of Mailbox-App [Mailbox] could be hidden.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add the ability to unsend a message, if that is possible.

After I send a message, once in a while I realize I sent it to the wrong person and I would like to be able to unsend the message, if that is possible.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Select icon sources

It would be great, if you could choose where Airmail should look for icons.
    e.g. preinstalled Contacts.app

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Option to ask from wich account a message needs to be send before sending.

When configured more than one account the send account needs to be selected at the top of a message. But, when I press Send it often happens I forgot to switch this option.

It would be nice to have an option that pop's up an box where to select the send account.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  15. airmail needs to have accessibility support to work with Apple's built-in screen-reader voiceover

Currently a blind mac user cannot use airmail, as buttons, tables, folders, and checkboxes do not contain proper labels. To test your app to ensure that it has accessibility do the following:
    1. press command-f5 to start voiceover.
    2. press v to skip past the tutorial and ensure that voiceover is talking on your computer
    3. use the voiceover keys to move around the app, and listen to the kinds of unlabeled controls that you have within the app such as buttons, checkboxes, and table items. . You the user will hear that VO simply says "button", or "table" without…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. new messages status bar badge unreadable in dark mode

if switching to dark mode in OS X Yosemite become difficult to read the badge in the status bar (only if there are new messages in the inbox)

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Bug Tracked  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. Any chance airmail will ever work with Adobe Reader as the default mail application, when trying to send a PDF?

Any chance airmail will ever work with Adobe Reader as the default mail application, when trying to send a PDF? This would make it much easier for my workflow on a daily basis.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Command Z should put messages back in inbox (If I have previously deleted them or Archived them)

As stated. Right now if I accidentally move a message to Trash, Command Z does not put it back in the inbox. Thanks

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  20. 21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)