Airmail Mac 3.x

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Turning off autoload of remote images shouldn't turn off inline images

Since the latest update, Airmail has stopped showing inline images if the autoload of remote images is turned off. Because of remote images being used for tracking I'd like to keep the remote images off. However I'd still like to be able to see inline images.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Privacy  ·  Admin →
  2. Delete attachments

It would be great to have the option to delete attachments in multiple mails and automatically create the note "File xxxx.yyy was deleted" in each mail. Compare Apple.mail.

85 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Admin →
  3. Hide or View Reply to Field

It'd be nice to be able to hide the reply to field (or not need to tab through it) since I rarely use it. Can that be added to preferences?

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Composer  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve startup time

It takes forever for Airmail 3.0.1 to startup on my MacBook Pro running El Capitan. Time is waisted for up to 5 minutes waiting for messages to load.
    I;ve done everything from following the tips here:
    https://medium.com/@Airmail/how-to-speed-up-your-airmail-initialization-f7662cfbeef7#.68h7nhife

as well as uninstalling & reinstalling Airmail. It's still slow & very frustrating,

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Preferences  ·  Admin →
  5. Canned / templated responses

If you have to send the same response over and over again then canned responses can save a lot of time. Most of the competitor products have it.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Composer  ·  Admin →
  6. Nozbe integration

Integratin With Nozbe, as with for instance Omnifocus would be great.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow User to move folders between accounts

The purpose of this feature is to make it easier for users to migrate between email providers , such as going from Google to Office 365, or similar use case. For example: A user moves their DNS domain to the new provider, updates DNS records, and now wants the same email and folders in the new mailbox. Currently, they need to manually create destination folders, select emails in the old folder, and use the transfer to menu option to initiate the transfer,

My idea is to let them click and drag the folder from the old mailbox to the new…

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Admin →
  8. Advanced Search in Airmail is SERIOUSLY lacking. Several critical issues that need to be addressed

1-The search bar needs enough space to have at LEAST 3 or 4 arguments,... currently can only do 1!,.. maybe 2 if they are short. Possibly a separate dropdown menu for this would help.

2-We need Exclusive results!,.. If I want to search for email that I sent to a contact and ONLY that contact I currently can't do that. The results that come up shows that same person even if others are involved!!!

3-We need Exclusive results again!... If i want to search emails whose subject starts with "C " (that's the letter C then space) i can't do…

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →
  9. Make it easier to save embedded images

When someone sends me an embedded image. There's no way to download it or open it from within the program. There should be a right click or button to download all. Instead, I have to copy the image, paste it into Photoshop, and then save it from there with a made-up name (as no name is displayed within Airmail).

This seems like a no-brainer, or am I the one with no brain?

205 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. have 'OR' instead of just 'AND' rules

current rules are 'AND', limiting rules possibilities. Although it is possible to create multiple rules to achieve the same outcome, have one rule with 'or' has much better semantics and minimises the number of rules

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Rules  ·  Admin →
  11. Please Allow Customization of the Condensed Sidebar

I'd like customization options for the sidebar in condensed view. Currently, in normal view, you can customize your favorites, or the folders that appear in the sidebar. In condensed view, though, only the default favorites show. I'd like to be able to see my chosen favorites only in the condensed sidebar, rather than the favorites chosen by default.

91 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Airmail for Windows 10

Would love to see your design on my laptop, PC, tablet and phone! :)

1,238 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Attachments  ·  Admin →
  14. Snooze sometimes reappears in inbox after you sync

When I snooze an item, sometimes it reappears in my inbox almost immediately after I snooze it. Sometimes it appears on the mac version and sometimes it only appears on the iOS version.

When you open the email, you see the 'snooze for x days' banner at the top, so the app clearly knows it is snoozed, yet still shows it in the inbox.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Sync  ·  Admin →
  15. calendar requests not showing correct time if coming from another time zone

When calendar requests are sent from another time zone, there is no indication of this in the red calendar bar in the message.

Instead, if a calendar request is sent from UTC+1 to a GMT location, it shows the time in the local time (11am instead of 10am) and does not indicate that its a different time zone.

Ideally, the time shown should just say the local time of the event, using the recipients time zone, not the senders time zone. And if this isnt possible, then it should at least indicate a different time zone. Otherwise I would think…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Provide access to Gmail for accounts without IMAP/POP3 capabilities.

Compete with Kiwi and WMail by providing a desktop platform for accessing Gmail when Gmail has IMAP/POP3 administratively disabled. Having a native capability to email within the application as opposed to "a window around the web interface" like Kiwi/WMail provide would be a TREMENDOUS capability. I have all of my account in Airmail with the exception of my work Gmail based account and many people are desperate for a client based workflow for Gmail without IMAP/POP3 access.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Service  ·  Admin →
  17. Add labels to a newly composed message

When I'm creating a new message, I would like to be able to assign it a label in the composer window. Currently I have to send the message, and then go into the Sent Mail folder to apply the label.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Composer  ·  Admin →
  18. Activity list support BusyContacts

I would really like to be able to completely abandon Apple Mail for Airmail on both Mac and iOS but I am missing support for the Activity List feature of Busycontacts. BusyMac assured me they did send all the necessary documentation to Bloop.

From the Busycontacts' page https://support.busymac.com/help/62109-what-email-apps-are-busycal-and-busycontacts-compatible-with

"BusyContacts displays mail messages in the Activity List sent to/from the selected contact. Currently, only messages from Apple Mail or MailMate are supported.

In order to support third-party mail clients in BusyContacts, it requires work on the part of the mail vendor. Currently, only one third-party mail client, MailMate, has added support…

184 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Annotation on attached images ("markup" feature)

For me it's very important to have a feature like mail.app "markup". I have to send images and screenshots to clients, and have to put arrows or text boxes explaining thoroughly my thoughts. This is a killer feature for me and I find myself today going to mail.app to perform this tasks, or even Photoshop when mail.app is behaving bad with my gmail accounts.

I've attached some images to clarify what I'm talking about.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Admin →
  20. VIM shortcut integration to triple speed of email editing

I have been searching for a long time for an email client with support for VIM (see http://www.vim.org/). This is a commonly used editing tool on Linux machines - installed on every Linux machine, always available for usage. It significantly speeds up text editing for someone familiar with VIM shortcuts.

For software developers, they are frequently switching between applications like their software development tools and email applications. Would LOVE it for Airmail to pick up VIM support, and there are many tools / code already written to help make that a possibility.

Email composition and editing would become SO…

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Composer  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 91 92
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base