Airmail Mac 3.x

How can we improve Airmail?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Block tracking pixels

Add the ability to block email tracking pixels, similar to PixelBlock Chrome extension for Gmail.

195 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. view reply link

After you have replied or forwarded a message, the icon shows that you have done this in the inbox. It would be great to have a link "show reply" when you are back in that message, so that you know what exactly was said without having to search the sent messages.
    These were simple options in Outlook 5+ years ago, I don't understand why these aren't included.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add a toggle to show full headers in message view

Add a toggle or clickable place (like the "see more" in apple Mail) that allows you to reveal the full list of addressees when viewing a message, rather than the popup box that shows all the headers in some strange non-intuitive fashion.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Option to search only for messages in Inbox or another single folder

At the moment the search function (eg. by sender or keyword) searches every folder on your account, which a lot of the time is great. However, it woudl also be useful to be able to filter the results just to find relevant messages (eg. by sender or keyword) just in the inbox or another single folder. Useful for when you are trying to find someting you know is in your Inbox or another folder you are searching through.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Bulk save attachments

I get half a dozen emails with attachments I need to save. It would be nice to be able to select multiple emails, right click and save attachments to a specific directory

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Attachments  ·  Admin →
  6. Multiple Sending of same email??

I attached 6 photos this am and the client called and the email was sending to him OVER and OVER. Not a good thing...!

Has anyone else had this issue. I composed a new email and dragged them into the email to send them....!

And I am seeing a trend on Mac OS X and on iPhone when sending attachments.

On the iPhone the Send with function results in errors! Send Failure and it trued over and over until it just gives up?

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Admin →
  7. Customize the collapsed sidebar

There is an ability to customize the sidebar, however it is not consistent when it is collapsed (narrow side-bar).

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Layout  ·  Admin →
  8. Fonts for Reading Messages

Please provide us with the option to change reading fonts and resize them. The default is very large compared to everything else I use. As a result, reading my email also requires needless scrolling.

Thanks!

85 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Preferences  ·  Admin →
  9. Siri Integration

Not sure it is possible in macOS yet, but it would be awesome with Siri integration to search for mail and open in airmail, as well as sending and replying to mail using Siri.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Integrations  ·  Admin →
  10. Grammarly - Grammatical Correction and Vocabular Enhancement

Let Grammarly do grammatial corrections to my composed emails.

https://www.grammarly.com

Right now I have to compose emails in grammarly and then copy and paste into airmail, it would be nice if it was done in place since they support that already in any browser.

563 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to apply a color to email text or background in message list, like Mail.app

One of my most-used features in Apple Mail is using rules to apply color to either the text of an email in the message list, or a tinted background, or both.

PLEASE add this to Airmal. It makes it so much easier to distinguish emails in the message list at a glance.

Thank you!

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Rules  ·  Admin →
  12. New emails are marked as read

New emails are being marked as read automatically ONLY when Airmail is open. When I close Airmail it is fine. The computer is not in use and there are no other clients.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Interaction  ·  Admin →
  13. Turning off autoload of remote images shouldn't turn off inline images

Since the latest update, Airmail has stopped showing inline images if the autoload of remote images is turned off. Because of remote images being used for tracking I'd like to keep the remote images off. However I'd still like to be able to see inline images.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Privacy  ·  Admin →
  14. Delete attachments

It would be great to have the option to delete attachments in multiple mails and automatically create the note "File xxxx.yyy was deleted" in each mail. Compare Apple.mail.

85 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Admin →
  15. Improve startup time

It takes forever for Airmail 3.0.1 to startup on my MacBook Pro running El Capitan. Time is waisted for up to 5 minutes waiting for messages to load.
    I;ve done everything from following the tips here:
    https://medium.com/@Airmail/how-to-speed-up-your-airmail-initialization-f7662cfbeef7#.68h7nhife

as well as uninstalling & reinstalling Airmail. It's still slow & very frustrating,

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Preferences  ·  Admin →
  16. Canned / templated responses

If you have to send the same response over and over again then canned responses can save a lot of time. Most of the competitor products have it.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Composer  ·  Admin →
  17. Hide or View Reply to Field

It'd be nice to be able to hide the reply to field (or not need to tab through it) since I rarely use it. Can that be added to preferences?

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Composer  ·  Admin →
  18. Please Allow Customization of the Condensed Sidebar

I'd like customization options for the sidebar in condensed view. Currently, in normal view, you can customize your favorites, or the folders that appear in the sidebar. In condensed view, though, only the default favorites show. I'd like to be able to see my chosen favorites only in the condensed sidebar, rather than the favorites chosen by default.

91 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Advanced Search in Airmail is SERIOUSLY lacking. Several critical issues that need to be addressed

1-The search bar needs enough space to have at LEAST 3 or 4 arguments,... currently can only do 1!,.. maybe 2 if they are short. Possibly a separate dropdown menu for this would help.

2-We need Exclusive results!,.. If I want to search for email that I sent to a contact and ONLY that contact I currently can't do that. The results that come up shows that same person even if others are involved!!!

3-We need Exclusive results again!... If i want to search emails whose subject starts with "C " (that's the letter C then space) i can't do…

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →
  20. Make it easier to save embedded images

When someone sends me an embedded image. There's no way to download it or open it from within the program. There should be a right click or button to download all. Instead, I have to copy the image, paste it into Photoshop, and then save it from there with a made-up name (as no name is displayed within Airmail).

This seems like a no-brainer, or am I the one with no brain?

200 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Airmail Mac 3.x

Feedback and Knowledge Base