Airmail Mac 3.x

How can we improve Airmail?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Optional background color for unread highlight

Allow user to enhance the visibility of unread highlight by selecting a background tint color for unread messages. (the dot and font color can be difficult to notice sometimes)

121 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. OwnCloud Support

Support for OwnCloud to add attachments via OwnCloud to the mail like Dropbox, Google Drive and Co

265 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Delegate support for Exchange accounts

Please add option to add delegates mailboxes for Exchange accounts.

(Perfect would be exchange categories sync within delegates mailbox. This is a feature that outlook for mac is missing at the moment.)

246 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Conversation View For Inbox Only

Currently it appears that Airmail includes ALL messages in any folder in a conversation. For someone who receive daily updates or emails with the same subject each day this can really add up. For example, I receive an email from each of my servers each day, and the subject is the same so even though I've archived each one, each day, it still shows the thread of 1500 emails in my Inbox.

I think it would be great to have an option to show a thread/conversation of messages in the Inbox only and not include those in other folders, it…

114 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enable the use of a Proxy

It would be great to be able to set a (SOCKS) proxy setting within the application* for talking to Gmail/IMAP servers as my work firewall blocks talking to Gmail's IMAP servers from within their network, this would mean I can use Airmail at work (that would be great). ^_^

* I can't set a global proxy within the OS X settings as this would mean all of my network traffic going via that proxy and none of my work systems functioning.

414 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Support IMAP keywords (similar to Thunderbird tags)

Currently labels and folders are used in the same way, because Gmail uses them that way. IMAP does support keywords for messages which Thunderbird uses to tag messages with named tags. It would be great if Airmail would support this instead of folders as labels for IMAP accounts. Currently I cannot use the Todo/Memo/Done functions because they would move messages to a different folder, I would like to use this feature while using folders at the same time.

80 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Focus Mode for composing emails

Apps like iA writer and Markdown have a Focus Mode that only highlight the sentence you're currently typing and fade out the rest. That would be an awesome feature for composing emails:
    Example: http://images.computerwoche.de/images/computerwoche/bdb/1842754/890.jpg

77 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  UX  ·  Admin →
  8. Add ability to create tables. A very useful and frequently used feature in MS-Outlook.

Click an icon or right click > Insert Table -- Display a grid
    User drags mouse across the grid to pick no of rows and columns
    Table is created. See attached screenshot.
    Allow adding, deleting and resizing rows and columns of the table.

251 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Don't indent quoted messages

Many other mail programs have a selectable feature to disable indenting of quoted messages in replies and forwards. If a mail thread is very long, the indentation can get unwieldy. Even with shorter mail threads, I find these indentations to be generally distracting.

Apple mail is one program that allows the indentation to be disabled by unchecking "increase quote level". Same for Windows Live Mail.

152 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Spam filtering

Server site spam filtering is just a start. We also need some local control. I've depended on SpamSieve for years and that would be my first choice but native support like Appe's Mail spam filtering might suffice.

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add copy/paste functionality for attachments.

I use Airmail in fullscreen mode on my Mac constantly. And as such its not very easy for me to drag/drop files into it from finder. I would LOVE to be able to just copy/paste E.g. command+c and command+v files straight into a message like I can in Mail.App. This would be a massive improvement for an already great app in my opinion.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Airmail 3.0 - Left side bar - more sizing options.

In Airmail 3.0 The side bar menu on the left side seems to have been expanded and takes up too much room.

- The accounts bar on the far left - add an option for us to make this about 1/2 as thick as it is now - or get rid it all together if we choose.
    - The Mailbox listing column - can no longer drag it smaller than the length of the folder names - please let us set the width we want.

Thanks!

144 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Notifications whitelist

I only want e-mail notifications from a few important senders, not all of them. I should be able to specify the e-mail addresses I want to be notified of.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Better address autocomplete per account

It would be great to be able to have autocomplete properly add *all* addresses that have been sent to/received from, as Mac Mail does.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Maintain message selection after sort

When re-sorting the inbox by subject, sender or other criteria, the current behaviour is to take you immediately to the top of the newly sorted list instead of preserving your placement on the message you had currently selected. This isn't ideal as the goal of re-sorting is usually to see the current message in a new context e.g. - show me all other messages that have the same subject line.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. highlighting entire email - no scrolling issue

When I try to highlight an email that is longer than the window - I cannot scroll, I have to Select All in order to get everything. Please fix. Thanks!

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show and sort by message size in inbox

It would be nice to see the size of a message and be able to sort messages from largest to smallest.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make the font bigger for composing an email and also the font size for the folders and incoming messages. The font is too small for old eyes

Have the capability in preferences to change the font size for composing email, folders, incoming messages etc.

218 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. How about a tab for Google Calendar

I use Google Calendar as it can collect different calendars into one calendar. I have weather, appointments, Holidays and Birthdays. I had it with Thunderbird as a tab, maybe just as a item on the side that can be clicked and opened as a full page

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Better move messages functionality

Hi, I'm considering switching to AirMail from MailApp. The most essential functionality I have in Mail.App comes from a plugin called MsfFiler. It's similar to your "v" function that allows me to quickly move messages to folders on the fly...but it does the following things which I don't think Airmail's "v" does, including :

1) Ability to type any part of a folder's name to call up that folder. (Say I've got a folder called "Taxes 2015" - I can type "2015" and every folder with 2015 in the title will come up. It doesn't have to be text at…

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Airmail Mac 3.x

Feedback and Knowledge Base