Airmail Mac 3.x

How can we improve Airmail?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reply to in iOS app

Can you please add Reply To to the iOS App. I use it frequently on my Mac but it doesn’t seem to exist on mobile.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Airmail for Windows

Airmail is by far the mest email client ever. Sadly is no avaible for Windows 10 but it should! I'm a Mac and Windows user just like a iOS and Android too and we really need a complete integration on every platform. Even if you don't have the money to do it at the moment you should make an IndieGoGo or Kickstarter campaing i will proudly support the project. Thank you so much for build this beautiful app <3

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Clear text formatting (both mac and ios).

After pasting text into the composer i need to be able to clear it's formatting so it looks and acts the same as the default text. I need it after the fact as it's always an after thought and i've missed the chance to match formatting as you paste. I find myself wanting this whenever i paste into an email, which is 3 times a day.

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Composer  ·  Admin →
  4. Organizing rules in folders

I have lots of different inboxes and each of them needs sorting rules. Since they are many: the rules list is becoming almost endless.

It would be nice to be able to organize rules in folders, like you do with computer files

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Rules  ·  Admin →
  5. read reciepts

Add Track (read receipts) like iOS has. Very annoying to have to use my phone to send emails with tracking.

81 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Paste as plain text

We need "Paste as plain text" when you right click inside the composer body window.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Composer  ·  Admin →
  7. Using "Save..." to save attachments should let us optionally rename the file

When saving an attachment, I want to be able to:

- Rename the file (for receipts etc. so I can rename them with my naming convention "YYYY-MM-DD Business - Item")
    - Choose default folders to save attachments in with associated action buttons. (I want to be able to tap 'Save Business Receipt' or "Save Business Expense" next to an attachment and it will open the "Save.." window to the relevant folder on Dropbox, Google Drive or local Hard Disk etc.)
    - Give us the ability to move the "Save..." window around. Sometimes after clicking "Save...", I need to refer to…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Fix Default Sender preference - neither "Selected", nor "Ask" options work.

Please fix the Default Sender preference. Neither "Selected Account", nor "Ask" options are currently working. In my Airmail, the account listed first (top) is always used.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Disable Auto Creation of Labels in Gmail

Airmail 3 automatically adds 5 Airmail Labels to my Gmail account (Done, Memo, Send Later, Snooze, To Do). I try to disable this in Preferences -> Account -> Mapping, but the labels always come back.

How to I disable this feature permanently?

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Alert about missing attachments

Remind me to add attachment when the word attachment was included in the message text

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Send to Bear

Glad that there is integration with Bear, but would love to be able to create a note in Bear similar to what can be done with Evernote: with full text, images displayed and including attachments, rather than with just a link to the email in Airmail.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Exchange Sync Stability

I've got a work email with exchange and syncing it with airmail can be frustrating.

Main issue is that occasionally the exchange connection will hang/disconnect. Most frustratingly is when I send an email and it doesn't send, and I also lose the content of the email. It isn't in the draft/outbox folder!

Perhaps I'm missing something but it has happened numerous times and I don't understand why.

Feedback /improvement would be great!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Sync  ·  Admin →
  13. Font changes. Why?

I use a specific font when I compose my emails but after I send the email the font changes to Helvetica? It's so annoying. This makes the content of my email have a different font than my signature. It looks unprofessional and ugly. How to fix this?

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Composer  ·  Admin →
  14. Automatically add recipient when their name is mentioned in the body with "@"

Countless hours have been lost waiting for a response from someone I forget to add to an email chain. I usually mention people with "@" appended before their name and it will be super useful to have Airmail automatically add the person's name to the recipients (To: field) once they have been mentioned in the body and have their "@name" highlighted within the body.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →
  15. Font size control

I can find no way to permanently set larger display fonts. On my 27" retina display, the fonts are painfully small. I'm considering giving up on the app entirely because of this basic, simple problem. Please, give us a way to set ALL font sizes in the app (display, in-message, everything).

235 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Only group emails when part of a thread

I like that Airmail groups emails as conversations but IMO the feature needs more options.

Right now I'm getting emails that aren't true conversations grouped together, e.g. where I get two emails with the same subject line. These emails don't follow on from one another and both require a separate response, but since Airmail groups them and automatically expands the top email, the others are effectively hidden and easy to miss.

Can we have an option to only group emails where there is a genuine thread of conversation between two people, rather than grouping by subject line? It must be…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Have a tool to find duplicate emails

I would love a way to find duplicate emails in my mailboxes. I'm trying to reduce the size of my email archive in order to free up space on my MacBook Pro, and I'm pretty sure I've got a lot of accidentally duplicated emails. I'm looking for a tool that would find duplicates based on email subject, content, sender, size, date, etc. Something like this exists for Apple Mail (see https://en.freedownloadmanager.org/Mac-OS/Remove-Duplicate-Messages-FREE.html) but not for AirMail.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Admin →
  19. Sending mails to DEVONthink

I would like to see emails sent to DEVONthink "in full," with formatting intact, similar to sending to DEVONthink from Apple's Mail.app.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. show related messages

Please add an action that allows listing an browsing all messages related to the message currently selected–something similar to the 'show related message' button in Apple Mail. Thanks

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Airmail Mac 3.x

Feedback and Knowledge Base