Airmail Mac 3.x

How can we improve Airmail?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. RENAMING A FOLDER

RENAMING A FOLDER HIDES THE SUBFOLDERS... FIX PLEASE. I THOUGHT THE SUBFOLDERS WERE GONE FOREVER UNTIL I RENAMED BACK TO THE ORIGINAL. THEN THEY REAPPEARED.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Admin →
  2. Assign new outgoing messages to labels and folders

When creating a new message (that is, not replying/forwarding an existing message), it would be really helpful to be able to have that new message automatically moved to a particular folder or assigned a particular label once it is sent.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Admin →
  3. Inherit labels in outgoing messages.

There should be an option so that when you reply to a message that has been Labeled then the outgoing reply would inherit the same Label.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Admin →
  4. Folders, not directories

When I download a file, there's a button that says "Choose Director". It's a VERY little thing, but OX 10 vernacular is folders. Directories is a Windows, UNIX (etc) term. It should say "Choose Folder".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Typeahead to move message to folder

One of the features that i love and use heavily on PostBox is hitting the "s" key and then start typing the folder name and then selecting and hitting enter to move the message to that folder. It is a very quick and convenient way of doing it instead of hitting "V" and choosing from a list of folders which in my case are hundreds. I am sure this is not a problem for people with small number of folder but is a nuisance for large number of folders.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Support hide/reveal multiple folders at once

If you have a large number of folders on the IMAP server you often want to see only a subset on the sidebar in Airmail. Having to select and then right click one by one to hide a large number is painful. The ability to select multiple folders (labels) and hide or reveal all of them at once would be very nice. Also if you hide the parent folder then it should hide all the subfolders.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Move to Folder via Keyboard

I've about 200 Folders. Pressing V and than selecting is much too timeconsuming. By Pressing V I would like to have an inputbox that filters my folders by typing its name. Via Enter the message is moved to this folder.
    This is pretty much how it is done in Outlook. And I love this especially if you get several 100 emails a day.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When moving email into a folder list the folder expands to show subfolders, once email dropped in sub folder the expanded view should close

When dragging an email to put in folders, the folder expands to show sub folder, then when email is dropped in a sub folder the expanded view should close up in the same way mac mail does.. makes workflow easier and quicker - currently remains expanded showing sub folders and taking up space in left panel

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Mapping doesn't seem to work for me

If I select Sent Mail, nothing shows up. Same with Drafts, and others. I've tried it with IMAP, Gmail, Yahoo. None seem to work. I tried setting the mapping up (pointing to the correct item) and still nothing. Not sure what the issue is. Weird. Still love the app. Looking forward to fixes and updates.

iOS 9.2.1
    AirMail for iOS 1.0.1
    iPhone 5S

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Moving to label folder on click

It would be great to move to folder if you click on label, same as on Gmail. Just filter messages with same label.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Quick folder selection, e.g. via drop-down from folder title bar

I use Airmail Mac 2.0 in a small and minimalist view: only a list of messages, no account, folders or message view.
    Sometimes I need to switch between inbox and the "all mail" folder. This is currently somewhat of a nuisance:
    show folders (alt+cmd+right arrow), click folder, hide folders again.

It would be great if I could switch between folders without enabling and disabling this panel.

Just a couple of ideas:
    - Allow me to assign keyboard shortcuts to quick jump to a certain folder. - Clicking on the folder name op top shows a drop-down of all folders and…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Filter extension on move message to folder ('v' shortcut)

When moving message to folder using the 'v' shortcut, it would be great to have 2 extensions:
    1) filtering of folders, like the current folder filter.
    2) remember the last folder as a menu option, so it's easy/fast to choose.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Admin →
  13. Can folders snap back

It would be really great if folders opened when toggled and stayed that way until changed BUT NOT when dragging in messages. Dragging should only open the folders for the duration of the drag then revert to the settings that were toggled. I have to constantly collapse folders after dragging in messages (which happens a lot as I am striving for a zero inbox).

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Fold main-folder with sub-folders, so that only the main-folder is shown

Currently, if you have a folder with some sub-folders in your imap account, all folders are shown. It would be nicer, if you could fold the main folder, that the sub-folders aren't shown.

84 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Airmail Mac 3.x

Feedback and Knowledge Base