Airmail Mac 3.x

How can we improve Airmail?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Smart folders counter

Would be nice to have a counter for Smart Folders

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Admin →
  2. Copy of Archive folder on own computer

Hi,
    please improve the Airmal with the feature to backup the Archive folder on computer local disk. No synchronisation, just to copy newly Archived emails (in Google, Yahoo,... mail) to the local HDD.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Admin →
  3. Restrict how IMAP folders are downbloaded: by message size, headers, message body, attachment

1. allow downloads between body/headers/attachments, and message size e.g 4kB 16kB 48kB 128kB 512kB 1Mb 4Mb 8Mb 12Mb and everything.
    2. Headers only, Headers and Body only, Headers Body and Attachments only.
    3. Above setting applied to user selected folders.
    Please retain existsing setting for age ( 1 month , 3 months, 6 months, 1 year and forever).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Supporting Exchange Folders (Bonus: With existing rules?)

I have bought Airmail as an alternative to mail.app.

Sadly enough though, I found out, that I can't use it for my Exchange account. I use many subfolders (some with existing rules) to sort and filter emails. E.g., I have a subfolder for a special customer, automatically sorting all his mails via "sent from domain xyz.de"-rule to that folder.
    Other folders are used for my own (non-automated) sorting.
    All in all, I'm talking about 15-20 subfolders.

These subfolders are not displayed in the account in Airmail, and I can only map fixed categories to folders.

Basically, this forces me to…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Improve movement to folder/label between iOS and OSX

I use airmail on both iOS and OSX, and moving mail to a folder simply doesn't work on iOS. I attempt to move the email, but on the next sync interval, the emails I moved come back. I'm not sure where the bug is, but until this is fixed, I can't use Airmail for iOS and have switched to a new email application

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I don't want Airmail to put an [AIRMAIL] label on my mailboxes in Apple Mail.

This [AIRMAIL] labeling is intrusive and unnecessary. Why not just leave Apple Mail alone?

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hierarchical IMAP Folders

Currently Airmail seems to flatten then entire IMAP hierarchy (I've just spent (again) about an hour digging around in my Dovecot configuration to try and find the problem, before deciding it seems to be Airmail; Apple Mail handles the folders correctly).

As my folder hierarchy contains a bunch of parent folders whose child folders all have the same name, it gets *very* confusing in the Airmail folder view.

Handling IMAP folders properly seems like an obvious improvement at this point.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. show all subfolders inside a folder matching the search criteria in 'move to' dialog

Hello!

In my setup I use a lot of folders and subfolders like:

* computers
    - software
    - mathematica
    - lab

If I want to move for example a email with some mathematica stuff to the appropriate folder i would press 'V' and type 'comp'. The search will show me only the folder 'computers' and if I don't remember that there are is a special subfolder 'mathematica' I will wrongly move the email to 'computers'.

It would be great if you would change the search behavior such that also all subfolders for a matching folder name are shown.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Admin →
  9. Stagger Quick "Move to Folder" List

The quick pop-up menu for "Move to Folder" via the 'V' key in Airmail 2 staggered the list so that subfolders were easily distinguished from main folders - bring this back!

The Folders view (left side of the main interface) staggers subfolders (i.e. slightly offset to the right by a few spaces). So does the larger menu item: Messages --> Folder --> Move To. It's much easier to navigate.

In fact, I wish the Messages --> Folder --> Move To menu was displayed when I click the 'V' key instead of the mini-popup Move-To menu. It's more useful.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Storage on external drive - disable sandbox?

Allow sandbox to be disabled so that message folders can be stored on or linked to external encrypted drive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Move lists of recently used folders & Quickfolder

Thanks for your excellent product, which I am using on MacBook Pro, iPhone and iPad. Version 3 is excellent software. Could I make a couple of suggestions for future versions:

1. For someone like myself who frequently dictates from an email and then puts the original in a different folder, the folder “move to” system is weak. At the top there are dedicated folders (“InBox”, “Start”, “Drafts” etc.) but there does not seem any way of actually adding to those. So each time you have to, in my case, scroll down a long list of folders to find the one…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. file across IMAP servers

One ought to be able to file mail received by one IMAP account to a folder on a a second IMAP account --- e.g. file a personal message sent to a business account on a folder on their personal email server.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Move message using V should remember last folder/label

I often move several messages one after the other to the same folder using the "v" key.

In postbox, I only have to hit "v" again followed by Enter, since it remembers the last folder I selected. I've been abusing this for years and is hard for me to escape.

Thus I would really like having "v" (and "l") remember the last selected folder. If the text is to be pre-selected, simply typing would erase it and be 100% equivalent to the current situation.

No need to remember the folder after quitting the app, but at least in the same…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Integrate on&offline accounts into one -> see and search imap+mbox at the same time

With limited (online) storage for emails, one is forced to store older emails locally. Outlook does a great job on this: auto-archive older emails to the exact same folderstructure as the one being used. Apple mail sucks at doing this, needing to create manual local folder, and setting up rules.
    Airmail - almost there. Just make it possible to integrate a sort of 'on my mac' kind of setup within a imap-view

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Move Location of Mail Folder - Particularly archives - to Different Disk or Different Enclosing folders

Move Location of Mail Folder - Particularly archives - to Different Disk or Different Enclosing folders. Over many years, the mailbox gets huge, and can start to choke boot drive.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Realtime display update

For example, I choose the indication mode of "all emails" and choose "extraction by an unread message" more.
    At this time, the list isn't updated even if I receive a new email. With a choice of different indication, it is displayed if I choose the unread extraction button again.

About the update in the state that the filtering of the email is set. The number of badges displayed beside a folder does not change.

I want you to update this in real time.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please bring back the [Airmail] folders/labels since I use gmail shortcuts to add them

I read my mail in both airmail and gmail, and I use the ToDo/Memo/Done labels extensively, but since 3.x they are being filtered out from the labels I can choose when assigning a label.

Please bring them back so I don't have to use a special shortcut in Airmail, that won't work in gmail.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Can we have mailboxes as in Mac Mail?

Why do you not replicate the 'Mailbox' facility as in Mac Mail?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Text search with Move To

In Gmail I am able to type in the name of a label and it will filter down to one I can select for moving a message into. In Airmail, the fact that I need to use the mouse to find the label I want to move to is slow. I think being able to hit 'v' and then type of name of where I want a message to go would be a great improvement to usability.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Clone messages when offline

Hi,

I have an imap account of which the server is no longer active. I would like to move the messages to another account and try using the 'Folder -> transfer to / clone to account' option. It doesn't do anything !!
    The account is circled in red because of the lacking server-connection, and I guess this is causing it not to work.
    A functionality to export or move whenever without server connection is an essential backup feature to me!! Thanks for your help!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Airmail Mac 3.x

Feedback and Knowledge Base