Airmail Mac 3.x

How can we improve Airmail?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Composer overhaul

I know this is rather a summary of different "ideas" and not all are new but I am afraid that 15+ ideas with 4-5 votes will never get the attention so I figured I'd just summarize them. So maybe it's me but I think proper email formatting is a basic functionality that should be given. The way the composer works today is beta status *at best*:

* Everytime I add a bullet or numbered list via markdown editor, I get double spacing between the bullets/ list items (when I paste from Byword, it looks fine!)
    * In general, there is…

413 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Automatically use different email signature for replies

I can see that this idea has been suggested a couple of times previously but not had the attention it deserves, so this is an attempt to finally get a desperately needed feature added.

Coming from MS Outlook, I really miss the ability to have a separate signature for new emails and one for replies and forwarding. I know that Airmail allows multiple signatures to be created, but manually selecting a different one for replies in tedious, time-consuming and simply doesn't make sense when using the Quick Reply feature!

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Composer  ·  Admin →
  3. Default 'from' email address to the inbox being selected

I have 4 email addresses configured in Airmail. Right now when I pick an email inbox and then choose to compose an email, the 'from' field is defaulted to a particular email address. Each time I have to remember to select the correct from email address before I send which is proving to be a difficult task. Please automate the from email address to whichever inbox I have selected or to which email address the email was sent to in the first place.

Airmail Version 3.3.2 (442) on macOS Sierra Version 10.12.2 (16C67)

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Clear text formatting (both mac and ios).

After pasting text into the composer i need to be able to clear it's formatting so it looks and acts the same as the default text. I need it after the fact as it's always an after thought and i've missed the chance to match formatting as you paste. I find myself wanting this whenever i paste into an email, which is 3 times a day.

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Paste as plain text

We need "Paste as plain text" when you right click inside the composer body window.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Composer  ·  Admin →
  6. Fix Default Sender preference - neither "Selected", nor "Ask" options work.

Please fix the Default Sender preference. Neither "Selected Account", nor "Ask" options are currently working. In my Airmail, the account listed first (top) is always used.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Alert about missing attachments

Remind me to add attachment when the word attachment was included in the message text

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Font changes. Why?

I use a specific font when I compose my emails but after I send the email the font changes to Helvetica? It's so annoying. This makes the content of my email have a different font than my signature. It looks unprofessional and ugly. How to fix this?

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Composer  ·  Admin →
  9. autosave drafts

Autosave drafts to respective mailbox.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Bullet / number lists and indenting

When you try to create a bullet list it immediately creates a new line below the text (see "Bullet Point In Line") so you have to copy and paste text to the next line. The line it creates is double-height.

If you start the list in the line above the text ("Bullet Point Above") it creates a bullet in that line, which is above the text so you have to delete to align.

Once you have created a bullet list you cannot remove it using the bullet drop-down. You have to use the outdent function or return twice if you…

281 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hide or View Reply to Field

It'd be nice to be able to hide the reply to field (or not need to tab through it) since I rarely use it. Can that be added to preferences?

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Composer  ·  Admin →
  12. Canned / templated responses

If you have to send the same response over and over again then canned responses can save a lot of time. Most of the competitor products have it.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. VIM shortcut integration to triple speed of email editing

I have been searching for a long time for an email client with support for VIM (see http://www.vim.org/). This is a commonly used editing tool on Linux machines - installed on every Linux machine, always available for usage. It significantly speeds up text editing for someone familiar with VIM shortcuts.

For software developers, they are frequently switching between applications like their software development tools and email applications. Would LOVE it for Airmail to pick up VIM support, and there are many tools / code already written to help make that a possibility.

Email composition and editing would become SO…

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add labels to a newly composed message

When I'm creating a new message, I would like to be able to assign it a label in the composer window. Currently I have to send the message, and then go into the Sent Mail folder to apply the label.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. mail sending scheduling please please please. need it badly.

timed scheduling of emails. from one minute to one year later.

79 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Composer  ·  Admin →
  16. Add reply with header from prior email like Outlook/Exchange.

In the biz world, we like to see all info from prior email not just "so and so wrote on this date"

Please add the ability to reply with full headers from prior emails such as:

Date: Wednesday, July 6, 2016 at 2:05 PM
    To: First Last <name@domain.com>, "Last, First" <name@domain>
    Subject: RE: Please Include Reply with Header in Airmail

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Tab Key functionality - Composing

I'm really used to use the tab key when composing a new e-Mail for switching fields from To:, Cc, Subject ... actually after entering my mail subject hitting Tab Key should bringt me to the main message composer window - not in Airmail. Thekey continues with switching through all format options like bold, inveter, font style etc..

Sorry guys as a customer of your software I'm really wondering if you ever tested it toroughly also with users that are mainly using a mail client bound to their keyboard.

Please fix this, as it is just one of many little flaws…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add option to switch from plain text to rich text editor.

If you choose the rich text editor as your default editor, you can switch to plain text editor while editing an e-mail. I would like the reverse option as well, i.e. if I choose the plain text editor as default, I would like to be able to switch to the rich text editor once in a while while editing an individual e-mail. Please add this feature.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Airmail cleanup characters styles

When you write a message, sometime you copy text from other source or simply you put things in some style (bold, color, font-size, ...).

Would be nice to have a button "reset to default style" to remove any styles quickly.

I know you can "past and match the destination style" but sometimes you just forget to do that. Or you change your mind.

Regards

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Warning when sending from wrong account

It would be nice to have a warning (ie. mark recipient in red) when the domain of the recipient doesn't match any domain bound to an account.
    (Postbox feature)
    This will preserve people from sending business mail from a private account or vice versa.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Airmail Mac 3.x

Feedback and Knowledge Base