How can we improve Airmail?

Give Option to layout message pane underneath the headers

Please allow the capability to move the actual message pane underneath the list of emails headers. This would facilitate a better UX for those of us that are laptops. Right now, there isnt really enough room to see both header AND message on the same page linearly.

218 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Timothy G Smith commented  · 

Please please please for the love of all that is good in the world provide this option. Some folks really prefer this type of layout.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes, please provide this feature. It should not be very difficult to implement. If there is a reason you are not providing this then please communicate this to your paying customers.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Just ignoring questions about the layout doesn't make the requirement go away... Steven & Mark you both blanked my question about it when asking fro support. I'm wondering what Apple were on when they gave you the WWDC17 award.

• Joe commented  · 

This is the one thing that I can't stand about AirMail. It's bad enough that I can't have a horizontal view, but it's another thing that when I expand the preview pane, that it completely disregards the size of the window on my screen and expands off the edge of my display...at LEAST autosize the application so that it fits on the screen automatically.

• Anonymous commented  · 

There seems to have been no change to the reading panel options which is disappointing.
    We should be able to change the screen so that the message preview panel is below the messages list.
    At the moment reading the sender of the email in its current form is problematic and does not give a good experience.

• Jeff commented  · 

Absolutely agree with this.

• Tim commented  · 

+1000 agree as well

• AR commented  · 

Backing this thread up - i've been using Postbox for around 3 years now and have been considering switching to Airmal but the horizontal pane really is the thing stopping me from switching. If Airmail were to introduce this, or at least give assurances it was coming in the near future then i'd be sold!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Reading pane below messages please!

• Ronnie commented  · 

Hi, Just bought Airmail, which looks quite cool! Although I would also prefer a horizontal preview pane!

J.

• Anonymous commented  · 

If a message could expand downwards, instead of always having the preview open, that would be great - similar to the actual gmail interface.

• Steve commented  · 

I completely concur. This feature is standard in just about every email client I've ever used (fee and paid), so it's hared to comprehend why that's not a default option for a paid app.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Agree completely - even on the Mac version I would strongly prefer a horizontal preview pane over the current vertical panes. Should have an option to display it either way.

Airmail Mac 3.x: Layout

Feedback and Knowledge Base