How can we improve Airmail?

Add a note to an email or email thread

It would be nice to be able to add a note to an email or to an email thread. I only leave emails in my inbox that require a specific action. Generally this would be something like "ask doug about the things and reply with the information" or "look up those settings on the server and send them to IT", or something like that. An action that isn't really described by a simple label or folder. The problem is that I end up reading the same email dozens of times, each time saying "oh, yes, I remember now, I need to do the thing before I can reply to this message and get it out of my inbox".

Solution: Add a note to the email or to the entire thread. That way I could quickly scan the inbox and see all of the "next actions" that are required from each message or thread. I have tried sending an email to myself with the same subject, and this kind of works, but as soon as someone new replies to the thread, my message is no longer the top message.

Thanks!!

167 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • CK commented  · 

Yes, please!!!!!

• BHAVIN SANGHVI commented  · 

I have been looking for such an app or extension for a long time I wish they develop it for airmail or gmail

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree. I use a shared inbox and I have been looking for a way to leave notes on emails to inform him that I am dealing with it, or to ask him to take action etc.

• Tom commented  · 

Yes! +1

• Caio Costa commented  · 

This would be one of the best features. Please!

• Anonymous commented  · 

My pancreas for this feature

• Anonymous commented  · 

+1 to this feature request!

• Ashley Hart commented  · 

I would like this feature too please.

• Tom commented  · 

Agreed... adding a note would be valuable. Similar to how Mailtags works in the native Mail application.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I'd like this feature too.

• Mike commented  · 

I agree, this was a very useful feature in Thunderbird

• Silvan commented  · 

I like that idea. And it would be very useful if you share your email adress with the team. somebody could write all neccessairy actions in the note, snooze the message and the message pops up at the right time with the needed information.

Thunderbird has a plugin for that. I'm sure my colleague will switch to Airmail if it's possible to add a note to an email.

Airmail Mac 3.x

Feedback and Knowledge Base