How can we improve Airmail?

DEVONthink Integration

Please add support for exporting directly to DTPO even just as RTF so images are retained.

Dragging emails to the DTPO sorter only creates a link in DTPO rather than a copy of the email and emails exported as EML tend to lose embedded images after some time. Airmail's support for filing email is good, but I have to pay per MB for Internet so syncing folders with a server is a variable cost. DTPO has excellent search/filing features, helps keep all documents in one system, and facilitates a zero inbox.

430 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Carl Dixon shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Done  · 

46 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nick commented  · 

Current integration is very basic - emails are copied as plain text without attachments. This still severely limits usability with DT Pro

• Anonymous commented  · 

I'm jumping into the bandwagon! +1 for adding Devonthink integration!

• André Silva commented  · 

I just tested the newly released version which adds devonthink support.

It’s a good first step. But a way to save email contents together with attachments in “one click” would be sooooo useful

• anon commented  · 

+1. I use GTD approach to productivity and use airmail to create tasks in OmniFocus. I also need to file email in DevonThink and the lack of true integration makes things less efficient.

• Steffi commented  · 

one thumbs up for implementing DevonThinkProOffice and DevonThinkToGo in Airmail would be needed and fantastic!

• Adrienne Kincaid commented  · 

Another enthusiastic +1 on DevonThink Pro integration. If, along with that, you added DevonSphere Express indexing then life would be grand and the world would be my mollusk.

• Bruno Conte commented  · 

It would be really sad having to go back using Postbox because of this...

• Nick commented  · 

Yes please - lack of this currently stops me from using Airmail as my core mail client

• Jack commented  · 

+1 from me :)

• Mike Vitale commented  · 

+1 this would be a VERY valuable feature!

• Michael Morris commented  · 

Devonthink integration is the last thing that keeps me from putting my entire office on Airmail rather than Apple Mail

• Bob commented  · 

Yep - that's a +1 from me too - ASAP, please

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please, please, please +1 from me to. die hard airmail user but can't live with Evernote any longer.

• Franz-Josef commented  · 

Don't like the idea of abandoning Airmail3 but if there's no real-world support for DevonThink, I might have to. Would you, pleeaasse ...

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please do this.
        By law, I have to keep copies of my emails for 10 years. I don't really want to keep 10 years worth of emails in Airmail!

• Bob Sprague commented  · 

Looking a purchasing Airmail 3, using Beta now. Would also like DTPO integration.

← Previous 1 3

Airmail Mac 3.x: Search

Feedback and Knowledge Base