How can we improve Airmail?

Optional background color for unread highlight

Allow user to enhance the visibility of unread highlight by selecting a background tint color for unread messages. (the dot and font color can be difficult to notice sometimes)

117 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Will shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JM commented  · 

Has this been fixed? This is a huge problem for me. I just paid for AirMail but I might have to seek a refund for this problem alone.

• unomohito commented  · 

Definitely agree this functionality should be added. Updating message text/background color should be optional!!!

• JJ commented  · 

please change this.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes. I love Airmail, but this aspect of it drives me crazy.

• Betty commented  · 

Please allow the user to change this! I cannot tell which message I'm currently reading! The highlight color is too soft.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree. I cannot even see when I am highlighting a message!!

• Tombot commented  · 

Definitely agree this functionality should be added. Updating message text/background color based on rules would also be fantastic.

• pixelboy commented  · 

I agree with Ryan - would LOVE control of background colour of messages. This is a vital part of my workflow in Apple Mail and, while I think you've done a fantastic job with Airmail, I can't use Airmail as my main email client until this feature is added.

Would just like to reiterate, though - you've done a really superb job with Airmail - gets better all the time. Keep up the great work.

• Brad commented  · 

Most certainly need background color. I can't tell the difference!

• Anonymous commented  · 

completely agree. this is my biggest pet peeve so far as i transition to airmail

• Fernando commented  · 

I agree with Ryan Marx - that would be a fantastic feature!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I used the free version for a year and now invested in the paid Airmail. Works perfect, but the 'to do' list' is almost unreadable. I like simple colors, like flash green, so I know when its hight lighted. Now it's too romantic, soft pink or whatever. Pls update this, thank you

• Ryan Marx commented  · 

More to the point, I would love control over the background and text color based on rules/flags/labels, etc. I have three main categories of emails I get, and I would like one of them to be all RED, another to be BLUE, etc.

• Caleb Fleming commented  · 

Anonymous - agreed - I have a hard time seeing which message is selected.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I´m color blind, i can hardly see the selected email.

Airmail Mac 3.x

Feedback and Knowledge Base