How can we improve Airmail?

Optional background color for unread highlight

Allow user to enhance the visibility of unread highlight by selecting a background tint color for unread messages. (the dot and font color can be difficult to notice sometimes)

117 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Will shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • JM commented  · 

Has this been fixed? This is a huge problem for me. I just paid for AirMail but I might have to seek a refund for this problem alone.

• unomohito commented  · 

Definitely agree this functionality should be added. Updating message text/background color should be optional!!!

• JJ commented  · 

please change this.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes. I love Airmail, but this aspect of it drives me crazy.

• Betty commented  · 

Please allow the user to change this! I cannot tell which message I'm currently reading! The highlight color is too soft.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree. I cannot even see when I am highlighting a message!!

• Tombot commented  · 

Definitely agree this functionality should be added. Updating message text/background color based on rules would also be fantastic.

• pixelboy commented  · 

I agree with Ryan - would LOVE control of background colour of messages. This is a vital part of my workflow in Apple Mail and, while I think you've done a fantastic job with Airmail, I can't use Airmail as my main email client until this feature is added.

Would just like to reiterate, though - you've done a really superb job with Airmail - gets better all the time. Keep up the great work.

• Brad commented  · 

Most certainly need background color. I can't tell the difference!

• Anonymous commented  · 

completely agree. this is my biggest pet peeve so far as i transition to airmail

• Fernando commented  · 

I agree with Ryan Marx - that would be a fantastic feature!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I used the free version for a year and now invested in the paid Airmail. Works perfect, but the 'to do' list' is almost unreadable. I like simple colors, like flash green, so I know when its hight lighted. Now it's too romantic, soft pink or whatever. Pls update this, thank you

• Ryan Marx commented  · 

More to the point, I would love control over the background and text color based on rules/flags/labels, etc. I have three main categories of emails I get, and I would like one of them to be all RED, another to be BLUE, etc.

• Caleb Fleming commented  · 

Anonymous - agreed - I have a hard time seeing which message is selected.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I´m color blind, i can hardly see the selected email.

Airmail Mac 3.x

Feedback and Knowledge Base