How can we improve Airmail?

Search modifiers

Search query modifiers such as "to:" "from:" "attachment:". When you have over 10K messages in you inbox and that's just the last month you tend to live on those things.

251 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Matteo Generali shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Done  · 

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

The search is weak on Airmail. I plug in "name of person" with subject of the email and get nothing. I end up scrolling down the list and finding the email. In Mac Mail you can put a person's name and word in the email and several emails come up. On Airmail you get "no results" The search needs to be drastically improved.

• Francky76 commented  · 

Attachment modifier is not very useful as it asks for the name of the file… I want to search emails "from" X "with an attachment" and not "with attachement named "presentation"". We rarelly know or remember what strange name was giving to the presentation file by our collaborateurs.

Thanks in advance,

Franck

• Anonymous commented  · 

IMO better, new, improved and advanced searching features in airmail should be on top priority list.

• Myk commented  · 

At the very least, or even more simply tie into the google search API when possible for gmail accounts. That way you don't need to create your own indexing engine.

I would like to do searches such as from:<email addy> -info -billing the same way I do in gmail. I currently cannot do that and in fact cannot use search at all as it is really unreliable. The fact that I have to have a gmail browser window open for search unfortunately makes airmail limited.

Love it in all the other ways though!

• Mike commented  · 

Search modifiers (as Justin suggests) are extremely useful. Adding not / exclusion would in a chain of filters would also be very useful. For example, I would like to find a message containing the text "foo" where the message is not in folder X.

• Justin commented  · 

For anyone that uses the keyboard a lot, being able to type in search modifiers rather than selecting them from the drop down is a real time saver.

For example, if I want to search for an email I sent to john@example.com, I have to type in his email address, but this defaults to searching for 'Any' occurrance of that email address a message. If I use my mouse to select 'To' from the drop down, then I get the results I want. A nicer way is to allow `to:john@example.com` to perform the same action.

Airmail Mac 3.x: Search

Feedback and Knowledge Base