How can we improve Airmail?

Compatibility with ProtonmailBridge

ProtonMail Bridge (https://protonmail.com/bridge) claims to use the standards for IMAP & SMTP, yet it is incompatible with Airmail. Airmail will just freeze and restart when Bridge is used. Could the be investigate and fixed?

220 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kyle Lawrence shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

any news about this? does it work now?

• Wouter Eerdekens commented  · 

I would love to see this as well. Tried it today and Airmail just crashes after configuring the connection to the ProtonMail Bridge. I can provide crash reports if this could help...

• Peter commented  · 

I am having the same issue. Would love it if ProtonBridge and AirMail would work well together

• Ramiro Salas commented  · 

Having the same issue. Reverting to Apple Mail or Thunderbird for personal email. I'd rather have one email client. Please fix.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I'd also like an update, very keen to have all my email going to Airmail. I tried talking to Airmail support via chat but they were not very forthcoming. Protonmail clearly told me that the issue is up to Airmail to resolve at this point.

• Bruce commented  · 

I'd like setup instructions for Airmail and the ProtonMail Bridge, too. Thus far, I haven't been able to make them work together. ProtonMail is a great email service -- Airmail should support them!

• Thiago Avelino commented  · 

Is it working yet? I have not received update

Airmail Mac 3.x: Filters/Sort

Feedback and Knowledge Base