I know this is rather a summary of different "ideas" and not all are new but I am afraid that 15+ ideas with 4-5 votes will never get the attention so I figured I'd just summarize them. So maybe it's me but I think proper email formatting is a basic functionality that should be given. The way the composer works today is beta status *at best*:
* Everytime I add a bullet or numbered list via markdown editor, I get double spacing between the bullets/ list items (when I paste from Byword, it looks fine!)
* In general, there is no way to adjust line spacing
* Everytime you edit something and then switch back from markdown editing to Rich Text editing and then back again to edit what you just wrote, you get no chance to edit again because it is summarized as [original-html]
* When inside a bulleted list and you want to change the current bullet level to a numbered item, it just *adds* a numbered item on the next level instead of changing the current bullet level (if it were possible to edit the [original-html], I could fix this myself, but read above!
* It should be possible to use tab to indent/ outdent list levels
* Every time I paste text with other formattings, it won't be adjusted to the format used in my email (look at Outlook and just offer 3 options: 1. insert as plain text (I know you could also do this with Option+Shift+Command+V), 2. apply formatting, 3. use source formatting)
Whilst the above are a must in my eyes, this would be a plus:
* The HTML editor should highlight the text in both windows at the same time, i.e. if I highlight a section in Rich Text then it should show me where the relevant code for that section is so I can edit more quickly
I would love to keep on using Airmail but with this composer, I am switching back to Outlook :-(.
Nathan Lenkowski commented
Man, thank you for taking the time to summarize these glaring issues with the composer. I've always felt Airmail was top notch except for the composing experience, which as you said, is beta quality at best. I'm a paying user whose left Airmail due to several of these issues, but always wanted to come back. If some of these were addressed I'd happily return.