How can we improve Airmail?

Rename package to "Airmail 3.app"

A bit nitpicky, but the package is still called /Applications/Airmail 2.app when Airmail is on version 3.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Noah Lovelady-AllenNoah Lovelady-Allen shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • LMLM commented  · 

It's a minor thing but it's always kind of been - as Noah aptly described several months ago - a "nitpicky" (but nevertheless annoying) leftover since updating from Airmail 2 last year. If I do this won't I need to reconfigure every email address I have and re-download every message/header? I have well over 100K messages across multiple email accounts, and Airmail is installed on both my home and work macs. It takes several days to completely sync (slowing down each computer for this duration) because it doesn't continue syncing while the machine is sleeping. This seems like an enormous (not to mention inconvenient) time investment to go through, just so the Airmail icon badge shows a "3" instead of a "2" when hovering over it. On top of that is the knowledge that eventually I'll have to do it yet again when there's an app update to Airmail 4 someday (and Airmail 5 after that, etc.). There's really no way to code this change on your end, where it fixes this during a normal app update? Otherwise I guess it'll just say Airmail 2 forever (or for as long as I have these macs in use), and I sense I'm not alone. Seems it would have been less annoying for the customers if the icon/app title always just simply said "Airmail" with no number, regardless of the update version. Any user who routinely cares to see which version you're on - and there aren't many of us who do care - can see the version number in the top menubar when using the app.

Feedback and Knowledge Base