How can we improve Airmail?

Font size control

I can find no way to permanently set larger display fonts. On my 27" retina display, the fonts are painfully small. I'm considering giving up on the app entirely because of this basic, simple problem. Please, give us a way to set ALL font sizes in the app (display, in-message, everything).

115 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    LarryLarry shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DaveDave commented  · 

Agreed. I have to type CMD + each time I compose a new email. It would be great to set this up as a standard preference (ie set and forget).
        Please implement!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Completely agree. Much needed feature.

• VinceVince commented  · 

Yes absolutely-- this is a major oversight and given all the customization it's surprising there are no text size (accessibility) controls. I can't use it.

• Bobby BothmannBobby Bothmann commented  · 

I'm loving AirMail (for Mac OS) except for the microfont size that I can't find a way to change. How long before we can get a preference for changing the default display font size to something that is legible for old eyes or people with visual impairments? Accessibility is very important!!

• Chuck MillerChuck Miller commented  · 

I just installed and configured Airmail 3 on my 27-inch iMac and my issue is the same as above. Why is there no feature to adjust the font size for comfortable viewing on large hi-res displays? It's a great app otherwise, but if this basic feature is not implemented I probably won't continue use it for very long. Too much eye strain! Come on guys, this has been an issue for some time based on previous comments.

• Anonymous commented  · 

We want to change both font size and default fonts too

• Brian MilburnBrian Milburn commented  · 

Same here. When composing a new message I need to "zoom" every time. At least retain the previous zoom level when composing new messages.

• natenate commented  · 

+1. please.

• Amber KhannaAmber Khanna commented  · 

I really wanted this feature as well. But you can just go cmd+++ and it will zoom in the emails that you view. I have a large screen as well but zooming in, works just as good.

• MrJohnssonMrJohnsson commented  · 

It's utterly needed. Showstopper for me :(

Feedback and Knowledge Base