How can we improve Airmail?

Better, faster search. Your poor search has led me to start looking elsewhere for an email client...

Add an advanced search capability--and improve search speed/integrity

150 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Josh WeinsteinJosh Weinstein commented  · 

I have stopped using Airmail because of my complete frustration with search, especially searching my Gmail account.

The search is terrible. It takes me less time to open a browser, go into Gmail and search directly than to try to search my Gmail emails in Airmail.

Please fix as I love the program otherwise.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Better search - please highlight the searched term, any only display the message(s) that contain the searched term, not the whole conversation.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Is there work being done to improve search? I also see this as the number one drawback to Airmail. If it weren't for this It's the only caveat I offer when asked for email client recommendations.

• DAVEDAVE commented  · 

Vague? Search is near useless because it DOESN'T WORK!!!!

Sad, really... Airmail does so many things right... but probably need to bial out on it because stinkin search doesn't work.

• Emilio BrunaEmilio Bruna commented  · 

Search is essentially useless....If I need to find an email i open exchange and search there. This has rendered Airmail useless.

• John WJohn W commented  · 

I have to open gmail in a browser to search. The Search is only slightly better than not having search at all. I fill in an email, and it immediately says "No results" when I'm 100% certain there are emails, even recent ones, from that address

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes, please fix the painfully slow search, that sometimes doesn't even complete and show any results at all.. it's just a pain. With every update I am hoping that this gets finally fixed.. but no..
        It is not just the speed of search per se, but the fact that I am talking to a client on the phone while trying desperately to pull up their last email.. and airmail just makes my life so hard in that matter.
        Please also fix the save attachment button or get rid of the one that isnt working, which is the one that should save instantly, but never does. I always have to click the other one where I can pick a saving location on my drive.

• odysseusodysseus commented  · 

This is a bit vague -- please elaborate.

• DanielDaniel commented  · 

I agree! If it wasn't for the slow searching I would be the biggest Airmail fan ever. Searching is a serious issue in Airmail. I keep Post Mail just for searching. This needs to be fixed. :-)

• Anonymous commented  · 

Search is HORRIBLE! Totally agree I was looking for other options tonight.

Feedback and Knowledge Base