How can we improve Airmail?

Have the search work more often. Half the time it simply doesn't work.

Better search.

99 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Chris OnyettChris Onyett shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Done  · 

40 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

+1 on this - completely useless function. I have to open my email in a browser window and search from there.

• Jan402Jan402 commented  · 

+1 The search functionality is indeed totally useless. If I want to search a mail, almost every time I have to resort to the native Mail app from macOS. If the search function would be better, Airmail will be my absolute number 1 mail program.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Airmail is a wonderful alternative to using outlook, however, the search is one of the most critical components of any mail application. I need to be able to look back at something I said last week and I can not. The search in Airmail Version 3.3.2 (442) simply does not work. I have to open Outlook on mac and use their search mechanism to find what I am looking for.

• Frustrated!Frustrated! commented  · 

I thought I was going crazy. I would see emails then I could not find them with search. I can't emails that have "Orlando" in the subject. This is basic stuff.

• VigVig commented  · 

how do we bump this up - still utter garbage and is one of the functions I use most often!

• Anonymous commented  · 

The search function totally counter-intutive and mostly non-functional. It seems incapable of searching for more than one word at a time. As a test I put in the example from the http://docs.airmailapp.com/airmail-for-mac/search-in-airmail-airmail-for-macos page, which is, “let us meet this weekend”, and the search field immediately changed it to, From: weekend" and subject: weekend", etc. all one word options. What's the point?
        Until this is improved when I need to search for something I re-open Macmail.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Search is the reason I will be reverting back to Mail. Most of the time it just doesnt work.

• Dominique PijnenburgDominique Pijnenburg commented  · 

At various time the search function just keeps loading and doesn't give any results. When I'm looking for a certain mail I have to startup gmail.com because it's just not working for me, and no one here apparently.

• Joe LaffertyJoe Lafferty commented  · 

this is a major problem for me - the poor search on apple mail was the main reason I moved to Airmail. Worried to see this seems to have been a problem for some time....

• Hugh LvHugh Lv commented  · 

The search feature doesn't work at all. When I asked support desk, the only suggestion I got was cleaning the message cache. It has nothing to do with this issue. The search results show up and disappear in one second.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Search is completely broken. It seems to have degraded over the last few weeks to the point where I cannot find anything. A mail app without search is useless. PLEASE at least acknowledge the problem and let us know you are working on it.

• SGBYYCSGBYYC commented  · 

The search is terrible. I've been told several times via live chat to "Clean All Messages Cache" in my advanced settings. This works for 1/2 a day if at all. I think I'll be moving on from Airmail soon as I usually pull out my phone to get a proper search for a message. When I first downloaded Airmail a couple of years ago, the search was my favourite part of the client. each individual word typed in to the search bar would act as a separate filter and it was really quick. It was the easiest and most effective search I've found to date, but for some reason they've gone away from it and made their application borderline unusable. Super frustrating Airmail team.

• RichardRichard commented  · 

Spark searches very quick :)

• Anonymous commented  · 

Cleaned my cache - search DOES NOT work on IMAP - Airmail 3.2.5 / Sierra 10.12.4

• MichaelMichael commented  · 

Still doesn't work. Even in 3.2.5. Seems worse. Makes it unusable as a mail app. It can't find something 3rd in the inbox...

• HansHans commented  · 

Due to the bad search results and the approach how to search, I will not switch to airmail!

• Jan HavlicekJan Havlicek commented  · 

For the past days I'm experiencing big troubles using the search feature both in iOS and MacOS version of Airmail
        I simply want to search something, so I put the phrase in the box, it will search something, I open up the message, but after few seconds I'm in Inbox folder again. And I have to search again.

I'm using Airmail from the beginning I'm seriously thinking about switching to Spark

• Anonymous commented  · 

+1 search is a major issue with Airmail, why is this marked as down? Many of us are still complaining!

• David LounsburyDavid Lounsbury commented  · 

+1 on this as well. On iOS, you can't count on a search working unless you clear the cache every time. Compound search rules are particularly prone to this, e.g.,

IS:unread
        NEWER_THAN:30d
        TO:john@mail.com

• Michael MuratovicMichael Muratovic commented  · 

It would also be nice if the search could also search in specific folders within an account instead of the entire account.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base