How can we improve Airmail?

exchange account locks out after 2 working nicely for 2 days

after working nicely for 2 days my Exchange account e-mails stop being received / sent.
Deleting and re-installing the account sometimes works.

very annoying....

Jun 28 15:04:05 xxxx Airmail 3[87494]: CFNetwork SSLHandshake failed (-9806)
Jun 28 15:04:10 xxxx Airmail 3[87494]: CFNetwork SSLHandshake failed (-9806)
Jun 28 15:04:14 xxxx Airmail 3[87494]: [BLOOP_ERROR] EXCHANGE:SynchExchangeFolder Inbox Err Authentication needed
Jun 28 15:04:14 xxxx Airmail 3[87494]: [BLOOP_ERROR] EXCHANGE:SynchExchangeFolder FArchive/Transacties Err Authentication needed
Jun 28 15:04:14 xxxx Airmail 3[87494]: [BLOOP_ERROR] EXCHANGE:SynchContatcs
Jun 28 15:04:15 xxxx Airmail 3[87494]: CFNetwork SSLHandshake failed (-9806)
Jun 28 15:04:17 xxxx Airmail 3[87494]: [BLOOP_ERROR] EXCHANGE:SynchExchangeFolder Drafts Err Authentication needed

25 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Wim shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Verity Harrison commented  · 

I am having the same problem.. works on my Mac but on iOS messages not coming through/sending... nearly lost a client project because of it

• MTCoster commented  · 

How is this considered "Not Imminent"? An email application is completely useless if I can't even keep my account functioning for more than a couple days!

• Rudolf commented  · 

can only provide that you log into my mac via remote

• Anonymous commented  · 

how to replicate this issue:
        When you connect to smb://.......
        exchange account stop working, when you disconnect from share (click eject button) and restart airmail it is start working again!

• Cheri commented  · 

Airmail Support person says there's a work around. Sorry but deleting the account and reading every. Our of days is NOT. A work around. The function send/receive function is simply BROKEN

• Steve Nikiforuk commented  · 

I am experiencing the same problem - very frustrating! I have tested this with Airmail and Mac Mail and neither will connect to the email server when I am connected to an SMB drive. However, the same email account works perfectly fine in Outlook for Mac - which I was recently migrating away from to use Airmail as I heard how good it was. Is there not a fix here Airmail???

• Dan Weiss commented  · 

I have had the same problem for a while, and Airmail support has not been helpful. Has anybody found a solution?

• Anonymous commented  · 

Cool, what's the workaround??

• Thomas Philibert commented  · 

Same error here. When i connect an SMB server, my external url exchange account not work.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I have the same problem, but I need to connect to shares for work. Any workarounds?

• smartin commented  · 

The same mistake this morning.

very unfortunate disconnect network drives and works error. While it is disappointing that this application has this error when reattach network drives continues to operate, at least for now.

I hope to settle it as soon as possible.

• mE commented  · 

Found a solution!

It is Apple new Samba (SMB2) protocol that creates trouble. The specifics are described at this German blog post: https://tsia.me/einer-dieser-manchmal-bugs/

Long story short: instead of smb:// use afp:// (you can also try with cifs://, if afp doesn't work/) to connect to your network shares. Be sure to also recreate all the folder aliases that point to a network location (NAS etc.).

• mE commented  · 

The same problem. It tends to work after I restart the computer, but after certain amount of time, (a few minutes, a few hours) the account icon just gets the red stroke and bam, nothing could be done.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Same problem, here. Sometimes need to copy my emails to Apple Mail to send them in a timely manner.

• Rohan Nicholls commented  · 

This is driving me mad. My iPhone is able to sync with the exact same settings when attached to the Exchange server, but the Mac app fails: "Exchange Test failed, the settings are not valid."

• Chris commented  · 

I have the exact same problem. Hosted exchange server running Exchange 2013. I love airmail but this issue is killing me. Eventually seems to sync. Somtimes emails send okay other time they get stuck in drafts and fail to send repeatedly.

Airmail Mac 3.x: Sync

Feedback and Knowledge Base