How can we improve Airmail?

Advanced Search in Airmail is SERIOUSLY lacking. Several critical issues that need to be addressed

1-The search bar needs enough space to have at LEAST 3 or 4 arguments,... currently can only do 1!,.. maybe 2 if they are short. Possibly a separate dropdown menu for this would help.

2-We need Exclusive results!,.. If I want to search for email that I sent to a contact and ONLY that contact I currently can't do that. The results that come up shows that same person even if others are involved!!!

3-We need Exclusive results again!... If i want to search emails whose subject starts with "C " (that's the letter C then space) i can't do that!

There are more,.. but this area REALLY needs to be improved....it's almost a deal breaker for me.

73 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jason Kith shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Joshua Paul commented  · 

totally agree - i have to keep postbox installed so i can do exclusive searches

this has got to be fixed

• Tobias Nyholm commented  · 

I agree. Search are awful when you have lots of messages. I want to find all messages that are not from Github to create a smart folder.

I also dislike when the search results keep changing order because the search is in progress...

• Tom commented  · 

The search is a deal breaker! I have to handle several hundred mails a day from monitoring systems. Not being able to search for substring in fields - like it _is_ possible in Gmail. I'd like to use smart folder but hey - how to use smart folders when the search is stupid!

Airmail needs a 'contains' functionality to search for string e.g. in subjects and so on. I can't predict the subject in every mail I get, so the current search does not really work for 'real life'.

Airmail Mac 3.x: Search

Feedback and Knowledge Base