How can we improve Airmail?

Deleting previous recipients

There should be a way to delete previous recipients, that aren't stored in your address / contacts list. As in: if I replied to a seller on Craigslist, the email address used shouldn't be stored indefinitely in the app, it makes auto-completing other email addresses a nightmare.

Apple Mail fixes this by: Window - Previous Recipients - and now I'm able to mass-delete.

Thank you :)

103 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Karsten shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Josh commented  · 

Hey. This is discussed below and they've answered the question. Easy fix built right in. You just need to know where to look:

http://d.pr/i/7tHI/5LuirhsO

• André Reis commented  · 

The answer given by Joyce Chia on May 04 did the trick for me. Old mistyped address is now gone. Thank you.
    By the way, this question is not related to any kind of syncing.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Seriously, this needs to be fixed ASAP or I'm out.

• Jeanne commented  · 

I'm really adding here to keep this on the mind of developers. This is really close to a deal-breaker; I am already using Mac Mail for two email accounts that are practically unfunctional without this possibility as emails frequently change for some recipients. Please, please, please!

• Jj Acuna commented  · 

Has this been fixed yet? No way to edit a wrongly spelled email address at the moment. So annoying, I can't send this email I need to send because airmail will always autocorrect to the mispelled email address which has bounced back.

• Jeff K commented  · 

+1 to all comments about this omission.

• Todd commented  · 

go to the Airmail setting >> Sync contacts.

• clay ritter commented  · 

there is a work-around. When you see the old address, right-click on it and select "remove from Airmail address list." BUT...it's not permanent. The next time you sync contacts they come back. ughhh.

• Russell commented  · 

I'm trying Airmail and this is a show stopper for me.

• Joshua Kaufman commented  · 

This can be done by syncing contacts in advanced settings.

• Joyce Chia commented  · 

I'm not sure why people on this forum haven't noticed that in fact it is implemented (see screenshot in the link below). Once you see the email address, hit the drop-down arrow next to it and you can remove it from Airmail address list.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I need this feature also

• Jeff commented  · 

+1 to this. When I get new emails for people who've switched jobs, the old email address keeps popping up causing my email to fail.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Second this. I've typed in e-mail addresses wrong in the past and now that incorrect e-mail address is sitting there at the top of my recipients. Should be able to delete it.

• Justin commented  · 

How is this not been implemented? Seriously disappointing to have such a basic feature neglected for so long. In my particular case there are several misspelled email addresses which constantly insist on auto populating each and every time I try to email that person. Many messages have inadvertently been sent to the wrong address since the ERROR IS STORED FOREVER WITH NO WAY TO DELETE. In the words of Trump. Shame.

• Gary commented  · 

I had the same problem, and Steven from Airmail Support replied instantly with this handy tool to do just this: http://d.pr/i/7tHI/5LuirhsO

• Anonymous commented  · 

Sometime I may have mistyped an address and the email 'bounces' . I correct the address, but still the incorrect one shows when I start to type the name . Very annoying - must not be that difficult to deal with.

Airmail Mac 3.x: Contacts

Feedback and Knowledge Base