How can we improve Airmail?

Delete attachments

It would be great to have the option to delete attachments in multiple mails and automatically create the note "File xxxx.yyy was deleted" in each mail. Compare Apple.mail.

79 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Klopse shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I'm amazed how few mail apps allow this. Apple Mail may be the only one? Thunderbird used to (via an extension but or supported in recent releases. Outlook used to (via a rule) about 7 years ago but has never re-instated. Airmail doesn't (yet). For me this is a no-brainer. Deleting attachments email by email is a very laborious process.

• Megan commented  · 

Agreed! I receive sensitive info via email and need to delete shortly upon receiving. Had I known that I couldn't delete attachments that were received, I likely wouldn't have purchased this app.

• Leigh Miller commented  · 

An option to also remove attachments older than x amount of days, as has been suggest.

• Anonymous commented  · 

An option to delete all attachments from the computer would be great, actually (but keep them on the server).

• Scott commented  · 

I second this suggestion. I do this all the time via keyboard shortcut with Mail.app, to keep space on my drive.

Airmail Mac 3.x: Attachments

Feedback and Knowledge Base