Airmail Mac 3.x

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better integration with Microsoft Office (word, excel) - sending open documents

When I use mail.app I can send open document (word, excel) via share button. When I change deafult client for Airmail share is not active and Ia have close document, go to the Finder and send document.

103 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Sync notifications across all devices

This already exists in the iOS wishlist as well, but we need the notifications/badge counts to sync across all devices. If I get a notification on my Mac and delete an email, I shouldn't pickup my iPhone 5 minutes later and still see this already addressed notification on my lock screen or the badge count still reflecting an already deleted email. If it's been read on one device or deleted, it should push this to the other devices and reflect the change. I know this capability exists, other apps do it. Please get this added!

103 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Sync  ·  Admin →
  3. Mail view tracking (like Streak, maybe via plugin)

Something like this https://www.streak.com/email-tracking-in-gmail able to view where and when someone reads your emails.

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Tighten up the Spelling Autocorrect Feature

I support a lot of startups with crazy names like "Zuora". The first thing I do in any app is to turn off all spelling correction features, so that I'm not constantly fighting the app changing "Zero" back to "Zuora" or reversing "Janrain" being turned into "January".

Even though I have unchecked "Autocorrection" and "Spelling Smart Insert" in Airmail 2.0.2, sometimes it still insists on correcting what I've typed. Most recently when typing "Zuora" into the subject line of a new email, Airmail autocorrected it to "Zero". So it's seems it's possible that one of the trigger paths for spelling…

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Accepted  ·  23 comments  ·  Admin →
  5. Add support for Gmail Categories

Add support for Gmail auto-labels / Categories;

ie: Social, Promotions, Updates, Forums and work the way gmail does by hiding messages that fall into those categories from the main inbox.

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Gmail labels do not sync automatically

Upon testing with many many scenarios, I discovered the following. Suppose an email is labeled in Gmail with label A and B. One removes label A. As long as you remain in "folder" B the label A will never be removed in Airmail. Also not when you press refresh.

The only moment when the label is removed is when you open the folder of the label you just removed. So suppose I would go to label A folder, then rapidly I see the label disappear and when I then go back to the label B folder I see label A…

101 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Sync  ·  Admin →
  7. Improved Markdown Support

Although the current support of the Markdown composer does allow you to compose emails in Markdown (the main reason I bought Airmail in the first place), the composer is limited in many ways:

1. If you ever switch off the Markdown view, or in any other way navigate away from the Markdown source view, your entire Markdown source is collapsed into the [original-html] block. This is extremely dissatisfying. You lose the ability to edit the original Markdown source, which, really, is a huge problem.

2. In Markdown mode, regardless of whether autocorrect is on or not, you cannot type ellipses (...), two…

101 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Composer  ·  Admin →
  8. Embedded images sometimes do not show

I am finding that quite often, embedded images simply do not show up. Sometimes there is a placeholder for the images (a big empty space) and hovering over it shows that there is an image present (in the status), but the image does not show.... please fix.

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Rules Creation

Add a context menu item, when right clicking on a message, to create NEW rules based on meta-data (Sender info, message body...) of selected email.

95 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. mail merge

Mail Merge. Add the ability to send emails to different people using parameters from a csv file.

For example, to send an email to {{email}}, with body that starts "Dear {{firstname}}", where {{email}} and {{firstname}} are in the csv file.

Thunderbird mail merge add-on does this really nicely, and even allows you to use some functions and conditionality in the parameters.

92 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Forward as attachment

We REALLY need forward email as attachment. This is a sorely missing feature that every other email client seems to have including PostBox.

92 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. AppleScript (or some other) Interface to interact with Airmail from outside the application

... so we can use Alfred Workflows, Keyboard Maestro Macros and other Automation stuff to be more efficient on our Macs.

91 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please Allow Customization of the Condensed Sidebar

I'd like customization options for the sidebar in condensed view. Currently, in normal view, you can customize your favorites, or the folders that appear in the sidebar. In condensed view, though, only the default favorites show. I'd like to be able to see my chosen favorites only in the condensed sidebar, rather than the favorites chosen by default.

91 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Exchange public folders support

Really missing this functionality in every Mac email client including Mail, this is the only thing which makes me use either Outlook (that piece of...software) or OWA periodically. Would definetelly love to see that in AirMail, hope not only me.

89 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Old emails are not getting downloaded

I have purchased the app and now my older emails are not getting downloaded. There is no support email id or there is no support person present for the app.

88 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Block Read Receipts

Ability to block read receipts from those wanting to spy on us. Database on known receipt services like Gmailius for Google Mail / Inbox. Report that receipt has been blocked.

87 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bring flags back!

I'm desperate to be able to flag messages in AirMail (with colour-coded flags). The FAQ details how to do this,but flags are not available in the latest version for Mac.

87 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Recall of sent message

Support for the Exchange function to recall an already sent message.

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Support IMAP keywords (similar to Thunderbird tags)

Currently labels and folders are used in the same way, because Gmail uses them that way. IMAP does support keywords for messages which Thunderbird uses to tag messages with named tags. It would be great if Airmail would support this instead of folders as labels for IMAP accounts. Currently I cannot use the Todo/Memo/Done functions because they would move messages to a different folder, I would like to use this feature while using folders at the same time.

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Fonts for Reading Messages

Please provide us with the option to change reading fonts and resize them. The default is very large compared to everything else I use. As a result, reading my email also requires needless scrolling.

Thanks!

85 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Preferences  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base