Airmail Mac 3.x

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Quoted text dosen't show original color formatting

The quoted text in messages received show up only in blue color, with the standard quoted text line on the left. This blue color format is overwriting the color styles applied to those original emails.

Our studio uses forwarded emails to keep track of client submitted changes, for example we apply the green color to parts of the email that has been completed, and apply red to parts of the email that need further action.

On Gmail, these colors show up just fine, but on Airmail, the quoted text is always blue.

I wish there was a way to leave…

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Spam filtering

Server site spam filtering is just a start. We also need some local control. I've depended on SpamSieve for years and that would be my first choice but native support like Appe's Mail spam filtering might suffice.

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add "yesterday" and "last 7 days" virtual mailboxes

The "Today" mailbox is useful (to me at least) but I wish there was a "yesterday" inbox and probably a "last 7 days" mailbox too, to help me implement a GTD-inspired daily and weekly routine.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Improve the signature designer

The signature designer is pretty basic...importing photos is particularly problematic. I'd like to see a more robust signature designer,

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Drag and drop attachements from directly email

Please add drag and drop attachment from email on desktop. It is not possible to drag it, only with the right click save to destination.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Attachments view

This would be a view that previews all attachments for an account.

I personally find hunting down attachments to be one of the most common (and most annoying) tasks when looking through my email.

A dedicated attachments view would solve this problem.

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Customizable CSS for markdown emails

I see that an idea was posted for Airmail 1.x to make the CSS for markdown-formatted emails customizable.

I'd like to see this feature added to Airmail 2.

As a workaround, I edited /Applications/Airmail 2.app/Contents/Resources/styleEditorMd.css, but it would be nice if there were a GUI in Airmail's preferences dialog.

Bonus points for being able to create different Markdown stylesheets and pick which one I want to use when I'm composing the email (:

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Reply Header

Please include the possibility to customize the Reply Header of an email, a template with a set of variables to choose from.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Show and sort by message size in inbox

It would be nice to see the size of a message and be able to sort messages from largest to smallest.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Date Separator in Inbox

One of the few things I like about Outlook Mac is in the inbox there is a separator line to organize each day. So you have your messages from today with a separator bar underneath "Today", same for "yesterday", then "Tues", etc.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. MathJax Support

Markdown e-mail is an excellent feature. For us scientists out there, supporting MathJax in e-mail would be an amazing addition. A connection to the public MathJax secure server would be sufficient.

Thanks for giving this some consideration!

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Send to The Hit List

The Hit List is an amazing task manager and it would be great if one could create a task in The Hit List inbox just as one can create a task in the Things inbox.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Support for MS Outlook pst file

Helps with fixed-quota MS Exchange accounts. Allows storing offline emails in a MS-supported way.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Don't delete sent items when deleting an item from inbox

When I delete a conversation from Inbox it also deletes all Sent items for the conversation. It eliminates all history. When a conversation is finished, I like to delete from my Inbox but the Sent Items should remain. This is how Mac Mail does it. It only deletes items from the Inbox but leaves the Sent Items alone. Or at least making this a configuration option would be nice.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Show meeting time and date in large font at top on meeting invites

When I get meeting invites (now with accept/decline/maybe options – thanks!) I often have a hard time figuring out when the request is for. Is it possible to show the meeting date & time in large font at the top of the email somewhere so i don't have to switch to Calendar to see?

Also, whenever I get a "Proposed new time" response (probably from Outlook) to a meeting invite I sent, I can never see what new time was proposed, so I have to email that person and ask specifically. Is that available in the metadata somewhere, and can…

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to unify accounts into separate inboxes e.g. Personal and Work

I have lots of personal email addresses which I would like to see in one unified account but I would I like this kept separate from my work email accounts. Right now, I can either have them all unified or all separate - a third option would be great.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Notification for filter mail (with gmail filters and "skip inbox")

Actually, Airmail doesn't notify me when I receive mail that are filtered with "skip inbox" option in gmail.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make search work at least as good as Mail.app

if i type "john server restart" search should bring up all emails that have those words in it, instead, it is looking for the exact phrase. this is sooo much less useful than Yosemite's built-in Mail.app right now. Please, focus on search for the next update. please. its really making me switch back to Mail.app

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Better move messages functionality

Hi, I'm considering switching to AirMail from MailApp. The most essential functionality I have in Mail.App comes from a plugin called MsfFiler. It's similar to your "v" function that allows me to quickly move messages to folders on the fly...but it does the following things which I don't think Airmail's "v" does, including :

1) Ability to type any part of a folder's name to call up that folder. (Say I've got a folder called "Taxes 2015" - I can type "2015" and every folder with 2015 in the title will come up. It doesn't have to be text at…

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base