Airmail Mac 3.x

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. UI Refresh

Great we have a mac app. However, I find the overall look and feel a bit dated.

Fonts and colour scheme do not make it compelling to use. Functionality great

134 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  UX  ·  Admin →
  2. Improving handling of images in message body.

Airmail is now very poor at handling images in the email body.
    After dropping an image into the message, you can't select the image and therefore can't drag and move the image around.
    The Markup option is glitchy and can cause issues. For example after center aligning an image, when hovering over it the markup option will show the same image overlaid and left aligned. I've also experienced images covering text, making it inaccessible.
    Image resize options are also a must.

When receiving emails with inline images (from Apple Mail app for instance), they are displayed as a list of…

132 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. linux

Make a Linux version. The Linux email client options are brutal. You guys would own it.

130 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Airmail doesn't render some HTML emails correctly.

For example, I am using Unroll.me and the emails look dreadful. They render fine in Apple's Mail but don't work correctly in Airmail. Same thing with some emails sent with Mailchimp.

130 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. HubSpot Signals support for Airmail

Support for HubSpot is the <one> thing that's keeping my sales team from moving to airmail from gmail and mail.app. Adding support for this integration would make Airmail a slam-dunk.

Signals allows our sales-team to essentially track whether or not a message is read using a tracker image embedded in the message. Yes, this doesn't work for those of us that turn off image loading, but it can be very useful from a sales perspective.

Thanks

129 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Sort Emails By Size

I run a very unhealthy inbox that's always reaching quota limits, and I constantly need to find out big email to delete.

Aside from my bad habits, I need my email client to let me identify emails that are taking a lot of space. Right now I can't do this with Airmail

124 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Optional background color for unread highlight

Allow user to enhance the visibility of unread highlight by selecting a background tint color for unread messages. (the dot and font color can be difficult to notice sometimes)

121 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. New icon. Improve the overall design and animations - cleaner, smoother. Attention to detail.

Spend time perfecting what's already there, making it beautiful, and work really well. Airmail doesn't need any more major "features" as such, what does need to happen is refining what's there.

114 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Conversation View For Inbox Only

Currently it appears that Airmail includes ALL messages in any folder in a conversation. For someone who receive daily updates or emails with the same subject each day this can really add up. For example, I receive an email from each of my servers each day, and the subject is the same so even though I've archived each one, each day, it still shows the thread of 1500 emails in my Inbox.

I think it would be great to have an option to show a thread/conversation of messages in the Inbox only and not include those in other folders, it…

114 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. search by date range

• Search ability *

Search emails in folders with Date range.
      e.g Search between two dates, search before a date, search after a date ( and time )

112 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →
  11. Schedule/send later not only for Gmail and Outlook

This one had so much votes
    http://feedback.airmailapp.com/forums/274948-airmail-mac-2-0/suggestions/4200245-scheduled-mail-sending
    and is now 'Done'

But only for the GMail and Outlook folks. That's frustrating if you're not using any of them.

I know there is no feature to postpone something on a SMTP server.
    But Airmail itself could hold the message and send it later. If you shutdown the app/OSX it won't go out, but that's still better than having no option at all.

112 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. "Add to Contacts" should work in the native OSX way

At the moment, adding a person to your contacts from an email just creates a new record in the OSX address book. This isn't expected behaviour for OSX apps. Instead, the option of "Create New" or "Add to Existing" should be offered, like in all Apple's apps.

112 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Deleting previous recipients

There should be a way to delete previous recipients, that aren't stored in your address / contacts list. As in: if I replied to a seller on Craigslist, the email address used shouldn't be stored indefinitely in the app, it makes auto-completing other email addresses a nightmare.

Apple Mail fixes this by: Window - Previous Recipients - and now I'm able to mass-delete.

Thank you :)

112 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →
  14. Use space bar as "scroll down" and not "open mail in new window", as in Apple Mail and all browsers

In Apple Mail pressing space works as "scroll down" in the message window. In airmail, pressing space opens the mail in a new window.
    So either adding a new "scroll down" key or perhaps change the space keypress to "scroll down"?

This is the same functionality as all browsers and Apple Mail.

110 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sync flag status from MS Exchange

Either a red flag or star will do. This really boosts multi-device Business.

110 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Accepted  ·  14 comments  ·  Sync  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow date parameters to empty trash automatically after X days

Empty trash after each session.
    Empty trash after one day
    Empty trash after 7 days
    Empty trash after 30 days
    Never empty trash.
    ... something like that?

111 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. improve contrast on sidebar of airmail 2

a few friends i have introduced to Airmail 2 have commented how hard it is to easily view details on the dark background of the sidebar as opposed to the clarity and detail easily viewed on airmail 1 and apple mail
    maybe you can add a customisation so a change of colour / contrast could be available

107 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Accepted  ·  16 comments  ·  Admin →
  18. Save link in email to Pocket

It would get to right-click on a link in an email and be able to save it to Pocket. I get many emails that are digests of articles, and it'd great to save out individual links to Read-Later services.

105 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add the ability to export local folders to mbox format

Need the ability to export folders from a local account together with their subfolders and all included messages to mbox format supported by several other email clients and by email migration applications such as Emailchemy.

Having such an export capability from a local account is key to avoid being "trapped" to Airmail:
    Without the certainty that I will be able to export all my email archive from Airmail should I want/need to do it someday, I will not migrate (even if Airmail suits all my other needs).

105 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Turn off Selection Inclusion on Reply

I have been using Airmail for several years now, and there is one feature that still kind of irks me. Often times, I will select and copy a password or email address in the conversation. Then, I will go to reply to the message, and only the selection is included in the reply. This has caused me to to have to close out the message and start a new one countless times. Do you mind adding a preference where Airmail doesn't do this by default? Thank you for your consideration.

105 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base