Airmail Mac 3.x

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make the font bigger for composing an email and also the font size for the folders and incoming messages. The font is too small for old eyes

Have the capability in preferences to change the font size for composing email, folders, incoming messages etc.

218 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Add Tags for emails

Adding custom Tags to emails and being able to filter them and create custom filters for tags

214 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make it easier to save embedded images

When someone sends me an embedded image. There's no way to download it or open it from within the program. There should be a right click or button to download all. Instead, I have to copy the image, paste it into Photoshop, and then save it from there with a made-up name (as no name is displayed within Airmail).

This seems like a no-brainer, or am I the one with no brain?

203 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. calendar.vcs

Please add support for calendar.vcs attachments!!
    Currently Airmail does not show any information related to the calendar.vcs invitations - all you get is an attachment, and if you double click on it it will open in iCal - BUT iCal will not actually go to the day of the meeting! So when opening a calendar.vcs I have NO IDEA what the details of the invitation are.
    Please include the details of the invitation in text within the email. Gmail does this and its brilliant.

202 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 190 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Todoist integration

Allow to create a todo in Todoist from a message in Airmail.

184 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Activity list support BusyContacts

I would really like to be able to completely abandon Apple Mail for Airmail on both Mac and iOS but I am missing support for the Activity List feature of Busycontacts. BusyMac assured me they did send all the necessary documentation to Bloop.

From the Busycontacts' page https://support.busymac.com/help/62109-what-email-apps-are-busycal-and-busycontacts-compatible-with

"BusyContacts displays mail messages in the Activity List sent to/from the selected contact. Currently, only messages from Apple Mail or MailMate are supported.

In order to support third-party mail clients in BusyContacts, it requires work on the part of the mail vendor. Currently, only one third-party mail client, MailMate, has added support…

183 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Native integration with contacts in OS X

I think the app isn't fully integrated with Contacts app in OS X.
    While composing a mail address it returns a lot of results (addresses in Contacts, previous contacts, ecc...).
    Moreover in Airmail there's a Sync button to click for force a sync with Contacts.
    Hope there will be a better integration with the app in next release.

171 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add a note to an email or email thread

It would be nice to be able to add a note to an email or to an email thread. I only leave emails in my inbox that require a specific action. Generally this would be something like "ask doug about the things and reply with the information" or "look up those settings on the server and send them to IT", or something like that. An action that isn't really described by a simple label or folder. The problem is that I end up reading the same email dozens of times, each time saying "oh, yes, I remember now, I need…

169 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Tagging

There is an app called MailTags for Apple Mail. It allows you to enter a keyword for every mail you receive. That keyword then appears in the sidebar and lets you easily sort your emails by different keywords as well as use those keywords for search.

Would be great if you could integrate this kind of tagging into Airmail

160 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Exchange categories

Support exchange categories or tags/labels for exchange emails

159 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Don't indent quoted messages

Many other mail programs have a selectable feature to disable indenting of quoted messages in replies and forwards. If a mail thread is very long, the indentation can get unwieldy. Even with shorter mail threads, I find these indentations to be generally distracting.

Apple mail is one program that allows the indentation to be disabled by unchecking "increase quote level". Same for Windows Live Mail.

152 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Airmail 3.0 - Left side bar - more sizing options.

In Airmail 3.0 The side bar menu on the left side seems to have been expanded and takes up too much room.

- The accounts bar on the far left - add an option for us to make this about 1/2 as thick as it is now - or get rid it all together if we choose.
    - The Mailbox listing column - can no longer drag it smaller than the length of the folder names - please let us set the width we want.

Thanks!

144 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Highlight messages with label color

This used to be the default behavior, but changed in the latest update to Airmail 2.0 - label colors now only highlight the top right corner of the message which for me makes them much harder to see.

I used this feature extensively to visually distinguish messages - I would love if this came back.

139 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  UX  ·  Admin →
  15. Add an "add to evernote" and "add to evernote and archive" button

It would be great to have the ability to add a button to the top that quickly and easily lets us sent emails to Evernote, Omnifocus, etc for use with the GTD Productivity system. This app seems streamlined for that system and it would save having to right click and select from a list.

Thanks.

138 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Syntax highlighting in code blocks

I regularly send code snippets to people. The markdown code support is already brilliant, but if syntax highlighting could be enabled, it'd be brilliant.

The markdown parser already supports using fenced code blocks, using the language as a class, e.g.

```php
    echo "hello world";
    ```

136 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Onedrive

Would like to see OneDrive support added to the next release. Similar functionality to dropbox

136 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Improving handling of images in message body.

Airmail is now very poor at handling images in the email body.
    After dropping an image into the message, you can't select the image and therefore can't drag and move the image around.
    The Markup option is glitchy and can cause issues. For example after center aligning an image, when hovering over it the markup option will show the same image overlaid and left aligned. I've also experienced images covering text, making it inaccessible.
    Image resize options are also a must.

When receiving emails with inline images (from Apple Mail app for instance), they are displayed as a list of…

132 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. HubSpot Signals support for Airmail

Support for HubSpot is the <one> thing that's keeping my sales team from moving to airmail from gmail and mail.app. Adding support for this integration would make Airmail a slam-dunk.

Signals allows our sales-team to essentially track whether or not a message is read using a tracker image embedded in the message. Yes, this doesn't work for those of us that turn off image loading, but it can be very useful from a sales perspective.

Thanks

129 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Optional background color for unread highlight

Allow user to enhance the visibility of unread highlight by selecting a background tint color for unread messages. (the dot and font color can be difficult to notice sometimes)

121 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base