159 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Configure browsers per account

I use Safari for personal browsing and Chrome for business. It would be very convenient for links to open in the browser based on the message's account.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. "Add to Contacts" should work in the native OSX way

At the moment, adding a person to your contacts from an email just creates a new record in the OSX address book. This isn't expected behaviour for OSX apps. Instead, the option of "Create New" or "Add to Existing" should be offered, like in all Apple's apps.

109 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please provide a manual for 2.0.

Right now your "Manual" under the Help menu you are redirected to a webpage that is decidedly NOT a manual. Or provide good message boards or more complete instructions or something. I would love to move off the Mac Mail app, and I am told by many that Airmail is the way to go, but right now it is difficult to figure out how to make Airmail work the way I need it to.

83 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Send to The Hit List

The Hit List is an amazing task manager and it would be great if one could create a task in The Hit List inbox just as one can create a task in the Things inbox.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Integration of Antidote

You should integrate Antidote, the best french spellchecker already integrated with a lot of other softwares (like Mail)

304 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Don't delete sent items when deleting an item from inbox

When I delete a conversation from Inbox it also deletes all Sent items for the conversation. It eliminates all history. When a conversation is finished, I like to delete from my Inbox but the Sent Items should remain. This is how Mac Mail does it. It only deletes items from the Inbox but leaves the Sent Items alone. Or at least making this a configuration option would be nice.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Provide ability to edit subject for received email

i would like to be able to change the subject for emails before (or after) archiving them. Some automated eReceipt type emails have generic details and I like to edit the subject to include meaningful data.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Rules Creation

Add a context menu item, when right clicking on a message, to create *NEW* rules based on meta-data (Sender info, message body...) of selected email.

95 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make search work at least as good as Mail.app

if i type "john server restart" search should bring up all emails that have those words in it, instead, it is looking for the exact phrase. this is sooo much less useful than Yosemite's built-in Mail.app right now. Please, focus on search for the next update. please. its really making me switch back to Mail.app

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow typing immediately after hitting reply! No waiting for the signature to finish loading!

Allow typing immediately after hitting reply! I'm tired of having to wait for my html signature to finish loading, and then only being able to type. Especially in remote locations, where I still have to use EDGE cellular or poor 3G service, that I have to wait up to 10 seconds for the html signature to load before I can start typing. What a drag!

Using Airmail 1 and 2...

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Date Separator in Inbox

One of the few things I like about Outlook Mac is in the inbox there is a separator line to organize each day. So you have your messages from today with a separator bar underneath "Today", same for "yesterday", then "Tues", etc.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow Things quick entry with autofill

Airmail could allow to use the Things keyboard shortcut to create entry based on emails rather than the different (non-configurable) shortcut that Airmail offers (and that is not quick entry based). As described on this page http://support.culturedcode.com/customer/portal/articles/174723#capturing-links-and-text-with-autofill

The app needs to have an AppleScript interface so that Autofill can access a selection within it. Specifically, the developer needs to support linking to objects in the app via URLs: for example, Mail uses message:// and Safari uses http:// or https://. For text selections, the app only needs to use standard text fields.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Improving handling of images in message body.

Airmail is now very poor at handling images in the email body.
    After dropping an image into the message, you can't select the image and therefore can't drag and move the image around.
    The Markup option is glitchy and can cause issues. For example after center aligning an image, when hovering over it the markup option will show the same image overlaid and left aligned. I've also experienced images covering text, making it inaccessible.
    Image resize options are also a must.

When receiving emails with inline images (from Apple Mail app for instance), they are displayed as a list of…

132 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Starry night theme without message text in subject

Starry night theme has a nice compact view showing you many e-mails but it's a bit to full. Would be nice if it would just show the subject and not also the first words of the mail. Would make it much cleaner!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. better labels

i really liked airmail 1.5 candy stile labels under each message but now in 2.0 is kinda step back just small cool corner its hard to see what is what... please add more noticeable labels... maybe ill message could be filled with colour... thank you if you repair this it would be great

- dark ui ( i beg you )

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Improve the signature designer

The signature designer is pretty basic...importing photos is particularly problematic. I'd like to see a more robust signature designer,

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. GitHub Flavoured Markdown

Add GitHub flavoured Markdown. Perhaps this would be easier to implement than adding your own syntax highlighting. Selecting between "flavors" of Markdown would also be an excellent extension of this feature.

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Attachments Hard to Find

It's too hard to find attachments. It's routinely takes several minutes for me to figure out how to get to them in a long thread. Ideally, I could just click the paperclip or see a separate pane at the bottom.

802 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  73 comments  ·  UX  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base