Airmail Mac 3.x

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. cambiare la posizione dei tasti/scomparsa dei tasti dopo pochi sec

Vedi allegato: Con l'iPhoneX non e' possibile fare tap sul link in fondo alla email (tipico il caso dell'unsubscribe delle newsletter) perche' coperto dai tre pulsanti. Due soluzioni: cambiare la loro posizione (Brutta), fare in modo che i tre comandi scompaiano dopo pochi secondi o con una X standard

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Layout  ·  Admin →
  2. Search option in Settings

The settings in Airmail (all versions) are quite extensive. I would recommend the implementation of a Search functionality, much like the search function now in iOS where you drag down the screen a small amount to reveal a Search bar that would filter to the keywords you enter.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Preferences  ·  Admin →
  3. Once you have responded to an email, can the software automatically mark it as responded

Once you have responded to an email, can the software automatically mark it as responded

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Auto-select 'from' when composing a new email

There is a feature in Mac Mail that I found extremely useful.

When composing an email, Mac Mail was able to determine which account I was meant to be sending from based on who I am sending to.

For example:

Lets say we have 2 email accounts, account 1, 2 and 3

When I email customer 1, I always use account 2.
    When I email customer 2 I always use account 1.

Mac Mail learns this pattern and auto swaps to the correct account when I add the recpient to the email.

In my case I use at least 8…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Composer  ·  Admin →
  5. Do not autocapitalize first line of body for German language

In the composer the first line below the salutation (e.g. "Dear Sir or Madam," or "Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren," in German) the first line of the body gets autocapitalized, which is wrong according to German grammar rules (unless the first word is a noun or some special pronoun (i.e. "Sie" for the English "you" directed at a respected person)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Composer  ·  Admin →
  6. Odd behaviour when using dual screens (Retina + non-retina)

I have a Retina macbook plugged into a DELL 24" monitor. I've noticed TWO anomalies using Airmail in this configuration:

1) Email attachments are never displayed on my non-retina screen. Just a huge blank space where the attachment should be.

Dragging the window across to my Retina then displays the attachment.

2) grabbing a screenshot on my retina screen and dropping into an email displays the image at double the resolution - I guess this is expected behaviour but it does mean that I'm forever resizing images and reloading them.

Robin

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Admin →
  7. Include spacers as an available Touch Bar element

Your Touch Bar support is great, simple, and wonderfully color-coded.

All I request is the inclusion of Spacers, so I can keep some buttons aligned to the left or right.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Gmail access rights get lost

About each and every week Airmail completely loses its access to my gmail account. Whenever this happens, Airmail opens up a Chrome browser tab like every 60 seconds or so, asking me to relogin and reverify the access rights (see pics attached).

This may be due to the fact that I'm extensively using Chrome's profiles with different Gmail accounts, but I'm not really sure because that seems to happen quite randomly and not every time I open up another Window from within a different profile.

Any suggestions on this?
    Thanx.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Exchange Sync Stability

I've got a work email with exchange and syncing it with airmail can be frustrating.

Main issue is that occasionally the exchange connection will hang/disconnect. Most frustratingly is when I send an email and it doesn't send, and I also lose the content of the email. It isn't in the draft/outbox folder!

Perhaps I'm missing something but it has happened numerous times and I don't understand why.

Feedback /improvement would be great!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Sync  ·  Admin →
  10. Starting sentences with "On" hides the rest of the message

In both the Mac and iOS clients (most up to date as of 11/17/17), I noticed that whenever there is a sentence that starts with "On" in the body of the email, that sentence and the rest of the email will be hidden as if Airmail thinks that the remainder of the message is part of the reply thread.

I assume this is because most replies start with "On XXX at YYY, ZZZ wrote:". Would it be possible to change the default email folding so that Airmail looks at the word "On" in context instead of assuming that anything that…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Layout  ·  Admin →
  11. Interface and icon usage

When I disable "show message detail" and only look at my list of emails, there is no easy way to delete an email other than swiping left or right. It would be nice to have hover icons (that appear when you hover) to the right of the "unread" and "star" indicators.

In this same view, if I double click an email to open it, the message will appear in a new window (as expected). However, this window does not contain any customizable icons. One major issue is that there is no "trash" icon. So it's hard to double-click an email…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  UX  ·  Admin →
  12. Relative date links should be calculated using the email's "Sent" time.

Airmail is great at recognizing relative dates in the text of an email (e.g. and generating links to create calendar events based on them. However, it seems the event date and time end up being calculated from the current time. However, if the email isn't read on the same day it is sent, this results in an incorrect date being used when creating the calendar event.

For example, if someone sends me an email on Monday with the text "tomorrow at 3pm" in it, it will be highlighted as a link. If I read the email on Monday and click…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Auto forward email with message link in email body

Can we create a custom action which forwards the email to certain address(i.e. CRm systems) along with link back to message as it's done for evernote.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Improve local folder performance

Moving one or more mails from inbox to local folders is hit or miss at best. Sometimes it takes several repeat attempts, sometimes it happens 10's of seconds or a minute after being actioned. Sometimes one can go ahead and do other moves which work or fail before the original occurs. It's the most annoying and time consuming part of Airmail on
    Mac usage.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →
  15. Doo Integration

Integration with Doo would be great!
    https://getdooapp.com/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Is there any way to import folders and emails from "On My Mac"?

Import folders and emails from "On My Mac" would be a lifesaver...

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Using "Save..." to save attachments should let us optionally rename the file

When saving an attachment, I want to be able to:

• Rename the file (for receipts etc. so I can rename them with my naming convention "YYYY-MM-DD Business - Item")

• Choose default folders to save attachments in with associated action buttons. (I want to be able to tap 'Save Business Receipt' or "Save Business Expense" next to an attachment and it will open the "Save.." window to the relevant folder on Dropbox, Google Drive or local Hard Disk etc.)

• Give us the ability to move the "Save..." window around. Sometimes after clicking "Save...", I need to refer to the email to…
    13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Stop changing focus when syncing email

Whenever I am going through my directories/labels and the syncing starts, all of a sudden the app chooses for me that I should head back to the "All Inboxes" section, and this is quite frustrating. Please let the focus where it is when sync is happening, just sync in the background and don't force focus change.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Sync  ·  Admin →
  19. Attach Files using CMD-V

At the moment, drag-drop seems the only way to attach files? It is sometimes much more efficient to
    * highlight file in finder
    * CMD-C
    * go to email message
    * CMD-V

This is one of few "features" of Apple Mail that I truly miss.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Admin →
  20. Send to Bear

Glad that there is integration with Bear, but would love to be able to create a note in Bear similar to what can be done with Evernote: with full text, images displayed and including attachments, rather than with just a link to the email in Airmail.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base