Airmail Mac 3.x

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Tags for emails

Adding custom Tags to emails and being able to filter them and create custom filters for tags

214 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Support the QQ mail

QQmail has huge amount of users in china, but air mail 2 can not add qq mail account.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. "Outbox" or outgoing mailbox before a message is sent

I've had problems a couple of times where an email doesn't successfully get sent. Airmail gives me an error message (in this case, "Cannot send mail error [message subject] Unable to authenticate with the current session's credentials."

Now I can't find the message anywhere, so that I can choose to either copy it into a client that's running correctly (i.e. go into gmail on Safari) OR at least tell Airmail to cancel this message.

A bit concerned that I'm going to write the email in Safari, send it normally, and then whenever my problem is fixed in Airmail, it will…

223 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Customizable CSS for markdown emails

I see that [an idea was posted for Airmail 1.x][1] to make the CSS for markdown-formatted emails customizable.

I'd like to see this feature added to Airmail 2.

As a workaround, I edited `/Applications/Airmail 2.app/Contents/Resources/styleEditorMd.css`, but it would be nice if there were a GUI in Airmail's preferences dialog.

Bonus points for being able to create different Markdown stylesheets and pick which one I want to use when I'm composing the email (:

[1]: https://airmailapp.uservoice.com/forums/209001-airmail-mac-1-x/suggestions/4390622-markdown-custom-css

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Show and sort by message size in inbox

It would be nice to see the size of a message and be able to sort messages from largest to smallest.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. calendar.vcs

Please add support for calendar.vcs attachments!!
    Currently Airmail does not show any information related to the calendar.vcs invitations - all you get is an attachment, and if you double click on it it will open in iCal - BUT iCal will not actually go to the day of the meeting! So when opening a calendar.vcs I have NO IDEA what the details of the invitation are.
    Please include the details of the invitation in text within the email. Gmail does this and its brilliant.

202 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Forward as attachment

We REALLY need forward email as attachment. This is a sorely missing feature that every other email client seems to have including PostBox.

91 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. How about a tab for Google Calendar

I use Google Calendar as it can collect different calendars into one calendar. I have weather, appointments, Holidays and Birthdays. I had it with Thunderbird as a tab, maybe just as a item on the side that can be clicked and opened as a full page

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Clicking anywhere in message should allow delete

To delete a message, I have to click in the sidebar of a message or on the message in the Inbox pane. I should be able to click anywhere in a message (other than on a link, of course) to "select" the message for an action, like Delete. The experience is very inconsistent.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Quoted text dosen't show original color formatting

The quoted text in messages received show up only in blue color, with the standard quoted text line on the left. This blue color format is overwriting the color styles applied to those original emails.

Our studio uses forwarded emails to keep track of client submitted changes, for example we apply the green color to parts of the email that has been completed, and apply red to parts of the email that need further action.

On Gmail, these colors show up just fine, but on Airmail, the quoted text is always blue.

I wish there was a way to leave…

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Attach files to existing threads feature.

If you have one email thread going and you want to attach a file to it there is no possible way to do that in apple mail for ios. Doesnt exist in many apps like Gmail and Mailbox. Acompli manages this well.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. View threaded message list (Thunderbird-like)

Like in Thunderbird, I'd like to see in the message list the emails grouped by thread. It's not an original idea but this is the only thing I miss from Thunderbird.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. marking as spam doesn't seem to filter future messages from same address

Improve spam filtering
    (marking as spam doesn't seem to filter future messages from same address)

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Better move messages functionality

Hi, I'm considering switching to AirMail from MailApp. The most essential functionality I have in Mail.App comes from a plugin called MsfFiler. It's similar to your "v" function that allows me to quickly move messages to folders on the fly...but it does the following things which I don't think Airmail's "v" does, including :

1) Ability to type any part of a folder's name to call up that folder. (Say I've got a folder called "Taxes 2015" - I can type "2015" and every folder with 2015 in the title will come up. It doesn't have to be text at…

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Define others labels than todo, memo, done...

Capability to create some labels ourselves and associate a color too.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make the font bigger for composing an email and also the font size for the folders and incoming messages. The font is too small for old eyes

Have the capability in preferences to change the font size for composing email, folders, incoming messages etc.

218 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. iMessage Style

With all of the options of Airmail I would think this would have been implemented by now ... Grouping all emails sent/received by contacts similar to how the iMessages application...

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add a note to an email or email thread

It would be nice to be able to add a note to an email or to an email thread. I only leave emails in my inbox that require a specific action. Generally this would be something like "ask doug about the things and reply with the information" or "look up those settings on the server and send them to IT", or something like that. An action that isn't really described by a simple label or folder. The problem is that I end up reading the same email dozens of times, each time saying "oh, yes, I remember now, I need…

169 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Highlight messages with label color

This used to be the default behavior, but changed in the latest update to Airmail 2.0 - label colors now only highlight the top right corner of the message which for me makes them much harder to see.

I used this feature extensively to visually distinguish messages - I would love if this came back.

139 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  UX  ·  Admin →
  20. sending undisclosed recipients

option for sending mails undisclosed recipients

20 votes
    Vote