Airmail Mac 3.x

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a reminder to an already sent mail

The reminders feature is an integral part of my workflow to track follow-ups, a great feature.

What is missing is the ability to add a reminder to an already sent mail as well as the ability to modify or delete an existing reminder, shouldn't be a biggie I suppose and is integral to the usability of this feature.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Implement icon for Jira / Confluence Emails

I like the Icons showed depending on which sender. Please add Jira & Confluence also.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Interaction  ·  Admin →
  3. Reply to in iOS app

Can you please add Reply To to the iOS App. I use it frequently on my Mac but it doesn’t seem to exist on mobile.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Attachments overhaul

There are a few comments/pieces of feedback on attachments. But other than the composer, it's another bit of Airmail that could do with a proper revamp. Feels like an afterthought at the moment.

— Attachments at TOP of mail, not at the bottom or randomly in the email chain... Apple Mail sticks them at the bottom too and it's hella annoying, especially if the chain is long or when you're hunting for an old attachmrnt somewhere
    – Attachment/file view and/or manager. i.e. being able to view an inbox folder or sender as a file manager folder to organise attachments.
    —…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Find text within an email being viewed

Currently there is only a search interface for filtering emails. Cmd-F while viewing an email switch to this (hiding the current email).

Worse, when viewing an email as a separate window, Cmd-F brings up the search interface in the main window, while giving no indication that it's done anything in the email window. If the email window is obscuring the main Airmail window then you can't tell that it did anything at all. This is sufficiently bad as to border on being a straight out UX bug.

Right now if I want to find something INSIDE a specific email I…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Interaction  ·  Admin →
  6. Send Later

https://blog.kamens.us/send-later/

This is a magnificent plugin that works with Postbox and Thunderbird.

Please add support for such functionality.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Composer  ·  Admin →
  7. Def not worth the money. Customer service is appalling

Customer service left me hanging many times. Just terrible service, as they cant get my email up and running either. It would also help if they spoke English fluently

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Update Faster - to that end, make a recurring subscription revenue, upgrade fee, or premium features

I never thought I would say this and I'm curious to see if anyone agrees. Who knew I would be writing such an economically irrational thing for a consumer.

I like Airmail and I want it to be much better and stronger. Upgrades in design, integrations, features, customizability, encryption - would all be amazing.

I wonder if one of the reasons why updates and upgrades are so slow to come in Airmail is because you guys have limited revenue stream. One-time payment of $10 is probably not enough to fund continuous development.

I, for one, would gladly pay $10/year to…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Change colour of subfolders, all at once!

Organising and colour coding your subfolders done quickly:

Right-click main folder, select Change Colour...
    Select new colour and then the new checkbox Apply to Subfolders!

Magic ;-)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Fix Default Sender preference - neither "Selected", nor "Ask" options work.

Please fix the Default Sender preference. Neither "Selected Account", nor "Ask" options are currently working. In my Airmail, the account listed first (top) is always used.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Archiving a thread puts the cursor back to the top

I go from the top and start archiving emails one by one. Usually after pressing the delete button, it archives the email and puts the cursor on the next email. However, when the email is part of a thread, it archives all emails in the thread and moves the cursor to the top. It looks extremely buggy and is extremely inconvenient. Can you at least put the cursor on the next email?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Slider/Popups can be annoying when using other apps

I'd like to start by saying I really like Airmail but one particular feature can be inconvenient.

When I'm in another app, like Safari, the "slider" or "pop up" that appears in the upper right hand corner to notify me of a new email just sits there for several seconds, blocking access to features in the other app.

If the pop up had a couple buttons on it, that would be really great.

OPEN
    CLOSE
    DELETE

options right in the pop up would make it so useful, If I want to look at it right away, I'd use OPEN. If…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. reply to html email embeds local paths

I've got plain text outbound emails. When I reply to an html email with attachments, I get quoted text like this:

> [file:///Users/ari/Library/Group Containers/2E337YPCZY.airmail/Library/Application Support/it.bloop.airmail2/Airmail/General/Local/1513579233195297024/Attachments/image001.png@01D37821.E689F0D0]

Clearly these local paths should not be exposed to other users. Either give me the option to send as html or just strip inline attachments.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bug in Message Detail window (Mac OS)

Airmail 3.5.3 (461)
    MacBook Pro running OS X 10.11.6 (15G17023)
    Preferences->Appearance as shown in first attachment

Problem: text wrapping in Message Detail pane truncates message text on right margin, but only after Message Details have been turned off and then back on. Restarting Airmail fixes the problem. I have replicated the problem and show the steps to make it appear.

1. Figure Detail-Window-Normal.png shows the message detail window behaving properly - right edge wraps text in the message

2. Now close the Message Detail pane, either with command+left-arrow or using the View->Hide-Message-Detail.

3. Re-open the Message Detail pane using either the keyboard shortcut…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Layout  ·  Admin →
  17. Clearing search term does not bring messages back

1. From "All Inboxes"

2. Search

3. Filtered messages appear

4. Clear search

5. Empty messages

I need to open a specific mailbox and then go back to "All Mailbox" to bring back the messages.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →
  18. When minimising the sidebar the icons should match what favourites are set on the selected account

Currently when you minimise the sidebar the icons that show up do not match the favourites that you set for the account.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  UX  ·  Admin →
  19. undo delete

when deleting a messaged (for me, it's the left arrow), then command+z doesn't bring that message back. instead, it brings back another messaged, often times somewhere else in the list, but I don't know which one - just see my message ticker tick up. #frustrated.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  UX  ·  Admin →
  20. show related messages

Please add an action that allows listing an browsing all messages related to the message currently selected–something similar to the 'show related message' button in Apple Mail. Thanks

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base