Airmail for macOS

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to disable (or edit) global address list

I have multiple email accounts with some emails dating back a couple of years. Airmail 2.0 is pulling in email addresses that are out-of-date and I have to be very careful when typing a recipient to ensure I use their current email address.

Out of preference, my Mac address book is the ONLY source of email addresses I would like to use - the GAL may be useful for some, but for me it is a headache and a source of great danger (auto-complete, send to wrong person, get sacked).

Just like Outlook, I would like to be able to…

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Accepted  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. Search for unanswered emails (useful for follow-up)

I haven't seen this feature in any client (web or desktop), only services such as Boomerang, which are costly and cumbersome. The idea is pretty simple: add a search criteria for "unanswered emails."
    This could later evolve to marking emails for follow-up (and use this mark as an extra filter to the proposed feature).

60 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Drag and drop attachements from directly email

Please add drag and drop attachment from email on desktop. It is not possible to drag it, only with the right click save to destination.

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Support for MS Outlook pst file

Helps with fixed-quota MS Exchange accounts. Allows storing offline emails in a MS-supported way.

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add "yesterday" and "last 7 days" virtual mailboxes

The "Today" mailbox is useful (to me at least) but I wish there was a "yesterday" inbox and probably a "last 7 days" mailbox too, to help me implement a GTD-inspired daily and weekly routine.

52 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Attachments view

This would be a view that previews all attachments for an account.

I personally find hunting down attachments to be one of the most common (and most annoying) tasks when looking through my email.

A dedicated attachments view would solve this problem.

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Improve the signature designer

The signature designer is pretty basic...importing photos is particularly problematic. I'd like to see a more robust signature designer,

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. MathJax Support

Markdown e-mail is an excellent feature. For us scientists out there, supporting MathJax in e-mail would be an amazing addition. A connection to the public MathJax secure server would be sufficient.

Thanks for giving this some consideration!

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Reply Header

Please include the possibility to customize the Reply Header of an email, a template with a set of variables to choose from.

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Larger folder text option

Not all of us can see that well... Option to have larger fon in folders and elsewhere

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Accepted  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →
  12. Don't automatically open attachments when saving

Save the email attachments and Airmail 2.0 opens the first (or only) attachment. eg A zip gets un-zipped, a PDF gets opened, etc.

I am choosing to save not open. This current functionality is not productive and is counter-intuitive - more-so because there is no user feedback that this is taking place (a large zip file can unzip and tie-up the Airmail app without any feedback).

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Show meeting time and date in large font at top on meeting invites

When I get meeting invites (now with accept/decline/maybe options – thanks!) I often have a hard time figuring out when the request is for. Is it possible to show the meeting date & time in large font at the top of the email somewhere so i don't have to switch to Calendar to see?

Also, whenever I get a "Proposed new time" response (probably from Outlook) to a meeting invite I sent, I can never see what new time was proposed, so I have to email that person and ask specifically. Is that available in the metadata somewhere, and can…

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Highlight folders with unread mail

If a folder has unread mail it be nice if Airmail would highlight or bold that label so that it stands out more similar to the way Apple Mail and Gmail works. Labels are a useful way to prioritize incoming email and since I've switched to AirMail I find it is easy to overlook new mail in certain categories.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to unify accounts into separate inboxes e.g. Personal and Work

I have lots of personal email addresses which I would like to see in one unified account but I would I like this kept separate from my work email accounts. Right now, I can either have them all unified or all separate - a third option would be great.

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Notification for filter mail (with gmail filters and "skip inbox")

Actually, Airmail doesn't notify me when I receive mail that are filtered with "skip inbox" option in gmail.

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Open Quick Reply window below an email

When the "Quick Reply by default" option is checked in the "Composer" tab for an account, a Quick Reply window opens if replying to an email.

The window currently opens on top of the email you're replying to. It would be nice to open the window below the email instead, GMail-style. It would be less of a mental model change coming from GMail. If this is not possible for some reason, it would be great to at least have the option to do so.

My guess is that the Quick Reply window currently opens on top, because the Reply buttons…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. topquoting

This is trivial, when I reply to an email with a quote, I'd like to start typing below the quote.

Bottomquoting annoys some people on established mailing lists.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hide IMAP Root Folders

You already hide the default [Gmail] Root Folder, which is great. However, some german GMail Accounts have a different Root Folder named [Google Mail], which is not hidden but never in use.
    It would also be nice if the root folder of Mailbox-App [Mailbox] could be hidden.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add the ability to unsend a message, if that is possible.

After I send a message, once in a while I realize I sent it to the wrong person and I would like to be able to unsend the message, if that is possible.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base