Airmail Mac 3.x

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Highlight messages with label color

This used to be the default behavior, but changed in the latest update to Airmail 2.0 - label colors now only highlight the top right corner of the message which for me makes them much harder to see.

I used this feature extensively to visually distinguish messages - I would love if this came back.

139 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  UX  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a note to an email or email thread

It would be nice to be able to add a note to an email or to an email thread. I only leave emails in my inbox that require a specific action. Generally this would be something like "ask doug about the things and reply with the information" or "look up those settings on the server and send them to IT", or something like that. An action that isn't really described by a simple label or folder. The problem is that I end up reading the same email dozens of times, each time saying "oh, yes, I remember now, I need…

169 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Exchange categories

Support exchange categories or tags/labels for exchange emails

159 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Forward as attachment

We REALLY need forward email as attachment. This is a sorely missing feature that every other email client seems to have including PostBox.

91 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. "Add to Contacts" should work in the native OSX way

At the moment, adding a person to your contacts from an email just creates a new record in the OSX address book. This isn't expected behaviour for OSX apps. Instead, the option of "Create New" or "Add to Existing" should be offered, like in all Apple's apps.

109 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Customizable CSS for markdown emails

I see that [an idea was posted for Airmail 1.x][1] to make the CSS for markdown-formatted emails customizable.

I'd like to see this feature added to Airmail 2.

As a workaround, I edited `/Applications/Airmail 2.app/Contents/Resources/styleEditorMd.css`, but it would be nice if there were a GUI in Airmail's preferences dialog.

Bonus points for being able to create different Markdown stylesheets and pick which one I want to use when I'm composing the email (:

[1]: https://airmailapp.uservoice.com/forums/209001-airmail-mac-1-x/suggestions/4390622-markdown-custom-css

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Improving handling of images in message body.

Airmail is now very poor at handling images in the email body.
    After dropping an image into the message, you can't select the image and therefore can't drag and move the image around.
    The Markup option is glitchy and can cause issues. For example after center aligning an image, when hovering over it the markup option will show the same image overlaid and left aligned. I've also experienced images covering text, making it inaccessible.
    Image resize options are also a must.

When receiving emails with inline images (from Apple Mail app for instance), they are displayed as a list of…

132 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Quoted text dosen't show original color formatting

The quoted text in messages received show up only in blue color, with the standard quoted text line on the left. This blue color format is overwriting the color styles applied to those original emails.

Our studio uses forwarded emails to keep track of client submitted changes, for example we apply the green color to parts of the email that has been completed, and apply red to parts of the email that need further action.

On Gmail, these colors show up just fine, but on Airmail, the quoted text is always blue.

I wish there was a way to leave…

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add an integrated calendar to Airmail. Not just Sync with iCal or other calander apps

It would be great if you could add an integrated calendar to the app.

I use google calendar so at the moment I have to have iCal open synced with gmail as well as Airmail. I would prefer just an airmail calendar that could be linked with my gmail calendar.

592 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. HubSpot Signals support for Airmail

Support for HubSpot is the <one> thing that's keeping my sales team from moving to airmail from gmail and mail.app. Adding support for this integration would make Airmail a slam-dunk.

Signals allows our sales-team to essentially track whether or not a message is read using a tracker image embedded in the message. Yes, this doesn't work for those of us that turn off image loading, but it can be very useful from a sales perspective.

Thanks

129 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 190 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. View threaded message list (Thunderbird-like)

Like in Thunderbird, I'd like to see in the message list the emails grouped by thread. It's not an original idea but this is the only thing I miss from Thunderbird.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Evernote Rules - Add ability to specify notebook and tags

When adding a rule to dispatch to Evernote, it would be nice to have it go directly to a specific notebook and/or add tags - rather than the default notebook. That would allow filtering of rules to add direct to notebook storage of appropriate emails.

80 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. GitHub Flavoured Markdown

Add GitHub flavoured Markdown. Perhaps this would be easier to implement than adding your own syntax highlighting. Selecting between "flavors" of Markdown would also be an excellent extension of this feature.

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. sending undisclosed recipients

option for sending mails undisclosed recipients

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Import/export from/to .PST (MS Outlook) mailboxes

Compatibility with .PST files from MS Outlook. Import, export a PST or just load a PST file.

289 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow Things quick entry with autofill

Airmail could allow to use the Things keyboard shortcut to create entry based on emails rather than the different (non-configurable) shortcut that Airmail offers (and that is not quick entry based). As described on this page http://support.culturedcode.com/customer/portal/articles/174723#capturing-links-and-text-with-autofill

The app needs to have an AppleScript interface so that Autofill can access a selection within it. Specifically, the developer needs to support linking to objects in the app via URLs: for example, Mail uses message:// and Safari uses http:// or https://. For text selections, the app only needs to use standard text fields.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Onedrive

Would like to see OneDrive support added to the next release. Similar functionality to dropbox

136 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Salesforce

Integration with Salesforce to associate emails with leads, accounts, contacts and opportunities

245 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base