Airmail Mac 3.x

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mors themes or ability to create/import new themes

I would like to have new choices for the themes in Airmail.
    I like ProXL but I don't want the text of the email, just the object, the sender and the labels.
    So, I would like to have some new themes, and/or the possibility to import some creation from great creators so it would be great to be able to create new themes ;)

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Layout  ·  Admin →
  2. Customize the collapsed sidebar

There is an ability to customize the sidebar, however it is not consistent when it is collapsed (narrow side-bar).

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Layout  ·  Admin →
  3. tabs

Please add support of tabs in Mac Sierra. It would be great to be able to open different messages in tabs.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Layout  ·  Admin →
  4. Why can't I expand conversations in the messages list, by clicking on the grey icon which displays the number of messages?

Would be much easier to manage (read/delete/move) individual messages instead of the whole conversation. Seems an intuitive feature, so not sure why it wouldn't work this way. Without this I'm going to have to move back to Mac Mail. Hope this helps!

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Layout  ·  Admin →
  5. Show the whole subject

It is really annoying not being able to read the whole subject of an email when the subject is long. It's very important information!

I see you can access it with a tooltip but that's a hassle that comes with a significant delay and slows done my workflow a lot.

Could you please add a preference to show the full subject instead of trimming it, or just do this always?

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Layout  ·  Admin →
  6. Give Option to layout message pane underneath the headers

Please allow the capability to move the actual message pane underneath the list of emails headers. This would facilitate a better UX for those of us that are laptops. Right now, there isnt really enough room to see both header AND message on the same page linearly.

230 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Layout  ·  Admin →
  7. minimize new message window / integrate new message window in full screen mode

When in full screen mode, it would be great to have the option to minimize the new-message-composer

OR

Another appreciated feature would be integrating the new message window in the main window (as a new column on the right)

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Better monitoring of conversations

There are two ways to view messages in a single thread. With conversations turned off, they are individual messages, but you cannot see visually which are related. So, if you're on a message that you received at 4:00, you can't see visually in your inbox that another email that was part of the same conversation came in at 4:30 and a third at 5:00. When you are on a message, Airmail should highlight messages that are pat of the same conversation.

With conversations turned on, all the messages are grouped together, but there's no indication as to which ones you've…

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Layout  ·  Admin →
  9. Sort the incoming email by date and week like outlook

Sort the incoming email by date and week like outlook. The first week by day and later on by week or month

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Gmail Signatures

Would it be possible to pull in Gmail Signatures? I and many of my clients use Airmail to access gmail/Apps accounts and it's a pain for me to have to setup graphical signatures in both Gmail and then in Airmail. If Airmail could pull from Gmail the signature setting imho this would be a great feature. thanks

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Layout  ·  Admin →
  11. Background COLORS: Mailboxes and individual

Maybe it's just not working for me but I want to be able to select a COLORS from ALL color pallets with adjustments for saturation, etc.

1. ALL emails in a mailbox (From: and Subject) will appear in.

2. ALSO the choice to color the emails that are open.

3. ALSO color individual emails in a mailbox.

Right now, all emails in every mail box list appear white with teeeeny weeeeny triangles of color off to the left. That's worthless to me.

I want to look inside, for example, my Inbox and see everything in light mint green or lightist pink or whatever…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Separate VIP's per account instead of displaying them all together.

Only display VIP's related to the Account. If in "All Accounts" view, that's when you can display all VIP's from multiple accounts.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Bug in Message Detail window (Mac OS)

Airmail 3.5.3 (461)
    MacBook Pro running OS X 10.11.6 (15G17023)
    Preferences->Appearance as shown in first attachment

Problem: text wrapping in Message Detail pane truncates message text on right margin, but only after Message Details have been turned off and then back on. Restarting Airmail fixes the problem. I have replicated the problem and show the steps to make it appear.

1. Figure Detail-Window-Normal.png shows the message detail window behaving properly - right edge wraps text in the message

2. Now close the Message Detail pane, either with command+left-arrow or using the View->Hide-Message-Detail.

3. Re-open the Message Detail pane using either the keyboard shortcut…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. cambiare la posizione dei tasti/scomparsa dei tasti dopo pochi sec

Vedi allegato: Con l'iPhoneX non e' possibile fare tap sul link in fondo alla email (tipico il caso dell'unsubscribe delle newsletter) perche' coperto dai tre pulsanti. Due soluzioni: cambiare la loro posizione (Brutta), fare in modo che i tre comandi scompaiano dopo pochi secondi o con una X standard

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Starting sentences with "On" hides the rest of the message

In both the Mac and iOS clients (most up to date as of 11/17/17), I noticed that whenever there is a sentence that starts with "On" in the body of the email, that sentence and the rest of the email will be hidden as if Airmail thinks that the remainder of the message is part of the reply thread.

I assume this is because most replies start with "On XXX at YYY, ZZZ wrote:". Would it be possible to change the default email folding so that Airmail looks at the word "On" in context instead of assuming that anything that…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Clean up conversations view in Message Detail panel

Visually separate replies from a long thread within their own box with Sender and basic header information at the top of the box the way Apple Mail displays conversations, as well as truncating each reply so that each box does not include all the quoted text from all previous replies. This is the way Gmail allows expansion of a threaded conversation to only view the last senders reply, and by clicking further all the quoted text can be expanded as well. This makes it much easier to view the entire conversation. The heading of each box with Sender, timestamp, etc.…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Improve threads and no. of emails synced

The conversation view is terrible and as it is at the moment for me almost unusable. Here are some suggested improvements:

1. Include sent items in the conversations - I want to see if and what I replied.

2. Placing the conversations under the latest email is not practical. If there were a lot of replies I have to scroll through all of the quoted text before I reach the conversations and all I wanted is to see them. I do not know exactly how to change this, but it is annoying.

A feature to sync only last few weeks (or another…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Left Side Bar could be visually better. Fonts are too small, especially if you are someone who wears glasses / contacts. Agree that black is

Left Side Bar could be visually better. Fonts are too small, especially if you are someone who wears glasses / contacts. Agree that black is not a good color and should be changeable if desired.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ellipsis (collapse) un-quoted (old reply) part of message sent via Outlook Web Access clients

Collapsing of old (quoted) replies in each message works well when receiving those messages from most email clients.

But for some reason Outlook Web Access doesn't use a common previous-reply quoting markup.

Can you please find and support collapsing of their alternative quoting?
    OWA is able to do it itself I believe.

The real problem is if I get fifty emails back and forth from OWA users, I'll have to scroll forever to find the out-of-order (not quoted) replies, etc.

Making this even more bothersome is some auto-reloading timer Airmail does with its viewing pane... whereby all my manual scrolling…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Simpler Outlook layout

I've migrated from Outlook, and while I appreciate all of the layout options you provide, no options are as simple as what I had in Outlook. Outlook allowed me to have three columns: Sender, Subject, Date Received. (Actually they allow for a lot of customization, but this is how I liked it.) I like being able to search each column for what I wanted instead of having all of the information within one column like you do. When I am working on a project, and I have dozen of emails coming in every minute or so, having all of that…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base