Airmail Mac 3.x

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When moving email into a folder list the folder expands to show subfolders, once email dropped in sub folder the expanded view should close

When dragging an email to put in folders, the folder expands to show sub folder, then when email is dropped in a sub folder the expanded view should close up in the same way mac mail does.. makes workflow easier and quicker - currently remains expanded showing sub folders and taking up space in left panel

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Admin →
  2. Folders, not directories

When I download a file, there's a button that says "Choose Director". It's a VERY little thing, but OX 10 vernacular is folders. Directories is a Windows, UNIX (etc) term. It should say "Choose Folder".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Folder List to be collapsable during Move a Message or Folder selection in Rules

It will be great if instead of producing all the subfolders in the list which is shown during Move / Copy and During the Rule Create when selected move message.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Mapping doesn't seem to work for me

If I select Sent Mail, nothing shows up. Same with Drafts, and others. I've tried it with IMAP, Gmail, Yahoo. None seem to work. I tried setting the mapping up (pointing to the correct item) and still nothing. Not sure what the issue is. Weird. Still love the app. Looking forward to fixes and updates.

iOS 9.2.1
    AirMail for iOS 1.0.1
    iPhone 5S

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add an extra type of local container folder that will list all messages contained in nested folders

The current folder hierarchy in Airmail allows for a parent folder to contain messages of its own (or be empty of messages) and have sub folders nested under itself which themselves contain messages.

The parrent folder does not list the messages of the subfolders. And this is good and useful and should remain as is.

But. it would also be useful to have a type of parent folder that cannot hold messages itself, but instead lists the all the messages contained in the subfolders nested under it.

For lack of imagination on my part, lets call this new type of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Provide safe instructions when a POP account has to be changed to IMAP

My email provider has changed from POP3 to IMAP. As a result I needed to convert my POP account to IMAP. The suggested process was to not worry about backing up the data just
    (a) create a local account
    (b) copy the files (accessed from Window->Show AirMail Data) from the POP account to the local account
    (c) create the IMAP account (after deleting the POP account)
    (d) copy the local folder folders and files to the new IMAP account.
    However, (a) through (c) worked fine, but for (d) while the files reside in the IMAP directory, these old files aren't…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please bring back the [Airmail] folders/labels since I use gmail shortcuts to add them

I read my mail in both airmail and gmail, and I use the ToDo/Memo/Done labels extensively, but since 3.x they are being filtered out from the labels I can choose when assigning a label.

Please bring them back so I don't have to use a special shortcut in Airmail, that won't work in gmail.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. BUG: Folders are left randomly

I have rules moving emails in various folders on my email account. When searching one of these folders, Airmail snaps back to my inbox folder after some time. This can happen immediately or after a few moments. With this bug, it is impossible to read longer mails in a folder or even scroll through mails in a folder since you will be randomly snapped back into the main inbox. I made a short screencast to demonstrate the issue: http://sharedby.ralphcibis.de/QAtG4/5oAtYBX9

Same happens on my colleagues Mac. Both running on Sierra.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Storage on external drive - disable sandbox?

Allow sandbox to be disabled so that message folders can be stored on or linked to external encrypted drive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Up-to-date Views For Folders

The counter does refresh for folders, but the folder view doesn't. Currently, you have to select another folder and then come back to it in order to see up-to-date content in the folder. This is a basic functionality that is sorely missed. Preferences/Accounts allows you to set Inbox refresh but not folders refresh time. It appears that it was an option at some point but removed? (see screenshot). I moved from Mac Mail to Airmail due to instability issues, but this is making me want to go back to Mail or find another option altogether.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Batch selection of folders in sidebar for moving & colouring

You need to allow for batch selection of folders in the sidebar. No modifier key allows me to do this. You are forcing the user to have to move folders around 1 at a time if they require to do this. It also affects the colouring of folders. I have to manually select each folder & change the colour one at a time. This is incredibly time consuming & inefficient for users who colour code their side bar in detail with many colours.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add quick search 'spotlight-like' window to go to a folder quickly from keyboard

I know you can search in a window here :

https://i.imgur.com/17nXR8F.png

However that requires you to use the mouse to then pick the folder from results. I wish you could make a search for a folder from a spotlight like window like this one :

https://i.imgur.com/i18tjOy.png

And then quickly jump between folders with it. That would save me a lot, lot of time. Thank you so much if you do consider adding this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Typeahead to move message to folder

One of the features that i love and use heavily on PostBox is hitting the "s" key and then start typing the folder name and then selecting and hitting enter to move the message to that folder. It is a very quick and convenient way of doing it instead of hitting "V" and choosing from a list of folders which in my case are hundreds. I am sure this is not a problem for people with small number of folder but is a nuisance for large number of folders.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Improve movement to folder/label between iOS and OSX

I use airmail on both iOS and OSX, and moving mail to a folder simply doesn't work on iOS. I attempt to move the email, but on the next sync interval, the emails I moved come back. I'm not sure where the bug is, but until this is fixed, I can't use Airmail for iOS and have switched to a new email application

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base