Airmail Mac 3.x

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add the standard OSX menubar item: "Window > Zoom"

Add the standard OSX menubar item: "Window > Zoom"

Practically every Mac app ever has had this menubar item. I don't understand why Airmail developers would remove it or not include it.

With every app I use, I know I can count on the CMD+Shift+Z keyboard shortcut (set in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts) to re-size an app's window size between my preferred max & min sizes.

But with Airmail, I have to either manually resize the Airmail app, or ALT+Click the green window button (which I never do), or find some loophole in BetterTouchTool… but nothing works and/or…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Delete archived messages over a year old

After digging though my drive, I noticed that airmail is using 3gb of space for archived messages. I enjoy searching for recent messages in the archives, but I rarely need messages over a year old. If there was a way to ignore or delete old emails, this will provide extra space on my disk.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to reset only one folder

I can rebuild a whole account so that all messages are re-downloaded. This is good but not very practical when there is a lot of messages in that account, so I'd like to be able to rebuild just one folder or mailbox.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make banners interactive too

Currently we're able to set actions for quick access from the OS X notifications, which is a neat little feature. However, those notifications always require a manual action to disappear. If we could set the same quick access-actions for banners, we could decide whether we want to take action or simply let the banner fade away.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Run Apple Script after condition are met

I'll be more than happy if AirMail would have rulse similar to Mail. Especialy ability to run script when conditions are met.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Reuse user name with different providers

Now that Apple has allowed iCloud accounts to have any user name, I have used my Gmail email address (in full). When I've set up Airmail, I have been told I cannot have a Gmail account and an iCloud account with the same user name ... which is silly, because it is with 2 different providers! Please allow this functionality

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hide "Done" items

Be able to hide "Done" items (exactly like "Show Starred")

This would be a better/simpler workaround for this, and I think basically solves my problem:
    http://feedback.airmailapp.com/forums/274948-airmail-mac-3-x/suggestions/18973816-suggestions-on-to-do-implementation

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Reopen previous email/message after selecting/clicking on a new one

A simple "reopen closed/previous message" ability... or maybe "recent" list of viewed/opened messages?

Unless I missed it... would come in handy instead of searching/scrolling through the list looking for the one you just had :P

Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Herald-like customizable notification popup

Herald (http://erikhinterbichler.com/apps/herald/ ) is a plugin for Mail.app that gives you a customizable notification popup. It's so much more powerful than standard banner popups, you can react very quickly to all sorts of emails right away. It would be great if you could add something like that to Airmail.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please can there be more definition between READ and UNREAD messages?

If you look at gmail, the difference in styling between READ and UNREAD messages is very clear, i find the blue dot for unread is messy and doesn't help clearly define. A darker background would be clearer.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Email Context

It would be nice to be able to set respond by context to the email, see attachment.

For instance , lets say i send an email out my team, instead of me saying in the body of the email i need this done by END OF DAY, and they miss it , i can set a label or a flag that add a something to the email that stands out,

options like

Im expecting a response by end of day
    I need this done ASAP
    Please review I'm not expecting a reply things like that

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →
  12. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Store account details on the cloud, so we don't have to type in every device

Can you please do just like Mailbox app and just store the account details on the cloud? I have 4 devices and every time that I add one account I have to add in every single one of them.

Also if one of the macs is erased, I have to add all accounts again it's very annoying.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Switch accounts automatically based on time of day

I have two accounts on Airmail; one work and one personal. Out of office hours, say between 7pm and 8.30am, I do not want to see work emails in an effort to balance work/ life.

I appreciate I can already do this manually however I'll typically catch a glimpse of a work email, and that's enough to start thinking about work again. Airmail, please could you champion work/life balance and apply this feature?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. empty trash key command

Just a simple key command to empty all trash. On Apple Mail, it's a simple <Command><Delete>, same as finder. Would be nice to have the Apple standard follow through here too. At the moment, it's click on trash, click delete, confirm delete. One simple key command for this very often used activity!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Alias default based on recipient

Short: it would be great to be able to save default alias to be chosen when writing to a particular recipient.

Explanation: I use Airmail for three main accounts: work 1, work 2, personal. If I can send a personal mail with a work account (it won't harm) contacting a work 1's customer/colleague with work 2 alias could be awkward so a contacts based way to select optionally a default alias for a specific recipient would really help me in this. Also a forced "check before send" option that throws a popup asking to choose the alias before sending would…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Be able to set a reminder when you send an email to check if you get a response like SaneReminder

When I send an email I would like to be able to set a reminder (end of day, tomorrow, next week, etc) to check if I got a response on the email. Something like SaneReminder.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add a toggl.com button to any email

Keep track of an email ToDo by using this helpfull tool.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 'Pending Reply' Filter

Canary Mail had a great filtering feature allowing you to see only email that has been read, but had not yet been responded to.

It could be another icon with the other filters (see circle on image). It's a way to see, at a glance, the mail awaiting your response.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Have a "Do Not Download New Mail" mode with default times to control incoming mail

One problem a lot of us have is controlling when we look at and deal with mail. A common approach is to only deal with mail at certain times of the day. Unfortunately, if you use your mail to store todo's and reminders (which Airmail supports), it's hard to avoid seeing new mail.

It would be great to have some way of saying "Do Not Fetch New Mail" right now without having to put all the accounts in manual mode.

I imagine having a preferences setting on each account where I can pick times of day when mail can be…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base