Airmail Mac 3.x

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Put message count on "To Read"

Put the message count on the "To Read" folder so you know how many messages are unread across all accounts.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Collective Signatures

Having a single signature database from which all accounts could draw would greatly simplify the use of signatures. As it stands now, I have to enter the same signature into multiple accounts, which means multiple times. It's getting a bit annoying having to do this again and again.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Message self-destruct setting

A self-destruct action would be like a snooze action, except that instead of resurfacing at a particular time, the email would automatically move to the Trash or Archive (per a preference setting).

This would be very useful for limited-time offers, newsletters, etc., that might have a limited shelf life. If an offer from a retailer is going to expire in two weeks, I might want to keep the email around in case I decide to shop at the store before then. But I don't need a bunch of expired offers littering my email.

Even better: If the app could use…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Reply to in iOS app

Can you please add Reply To to the iOS App. I use it frequently on my Mac but it doesn’t seem to exist on mobile.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I will move to Airmail if 1) move folder between local mailboxes 2) export all emails to mbox format in case of need of change client

1) need to move folder between local mailboxes - it's crucial. Outlook, Thuderbird have it, why AirMail doesn't?

2) In case of need of change mail client I'd like to export all my e-mails with folders from local mailbox to any mbox format, etc. Why it is not there, while all other mail clients have it?

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Should be able to Archive mail from a smart folder

If you are looking at a message in a smart folder, you can't archive it. You should be able to.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. email accounts only for sending mails

I tried Airmail which is better than Thunderbird. I forward all emails from other accounts to my gmail account. When replying to those emails out of Thunderbird it uses the original outbound email service.

Unfortunately, in Airmail I cannot create email account only with an SMTP server only.

Therefore, I would like to see this feature in Airmail as well

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The buttons for reply, forward and forward-all disappears when scrolling an email.

The buttons for reply, forward and forward-all disappears when scrolling an email. This is very odd, considering that I most often want to reply to a mail when i've read it all, implying that it has been scrolled to the bottom - but then the buttons are gone. Very odd design choice.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A schedule interval for checking email

Instead of interrupting me every time an email comes in, it would be nice for Airmail to check the server at a selected interval, i.e. every hour. Apple Mail does this for all accounts.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Fuzzy/partial search for folder operations (move to folder, etc.)

Having hit "v" to move a message to a folder, I can only find the folder "Teaching/Admin Hiring" by entering a search string starting "Tea..." Unfortunately, I sometime remember only part of the name of a folder. I'd like to be able to find this folder by typing any part of its name: "Admin" or "Hiring". MailActOn for AppleMail also allows me to match this folder with "Tea/Adm", which would be nice.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Set a folder to which a new message is moved after it is sent

I used a plugin in Apple Mail (either Mail Act-On or MailTags) that allows me to set a folder to which a new message is moved after it is sent.

I prefer to use a hierarchical system of folders for archiving my emails, and it is so much easier to tag a new message before I send it than it is to send it, then go to the 'sent' folder and move it from there to where I want it.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Highlighted email

A highlighted email becomes unhighlighted when you click away from Airmal, say back to Finder.
    When you return back to Airmail, your last highliged email is no longer highligted, so becomes a task to find the one you were last looking at.
    Please leave the email highlighted.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hide signature blocks by default

For example Mailbox app and many traditional *nix email clients have this really nice functionality that hides signature blocks after "-- " by default, which makes reading lengthy email threads much faster. However, you should be able to expand and read them if you wish.

That is many companies that nowadays choose use signatures which contain all possible ways to contact, disclaimers, advertisements, cat pictures etc. resulting in several paragraphs of noise and annoyance.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Editing Received & Sent Emails

My favorite feature in the Postbox (Thunderbird-based) email client is the ability to edit the body of a text. I often add "notes" to myself within the body and then I can see my "notes" from any device or email client. This would be an excellent power user feature.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. count unread

cannot see count of unread messages under "Today", "Unread", VIP contacts, etc. Is there a setting I am missing or this does not exists?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. enable or disable automatic synchronization of email accounts based on time or days

enable or disable automatic synchronization of email accounts based on time or days
    this would no longer receive business email from a certain time on weekdays or weekends for example.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Default alias should be per account

I have two accounts. Each should have its own default alias for outgoing mail.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. using conversations in Draft folders should be separate option from using convos in Sent

Settings has a checkbox for "use conversations in Sent and Drafts folders". It is one checkbox for both folders; it should be two separate checkboxes.

Conversations in Draft folders gets very confusing to figure out which message in the thread is your (unsent) draft, especially if it should happen that the conversation proceeds forward (ie, more people start sending more emails to you) before you have managed to get back to your draft and finish and send it. Finding where your draft message went in the display is difficult. So for Drafts, far better to be able to disable conversations.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. possibility to add custom folder in "hide Folder" options in view is enable

Hi !

It can be great to add custom folder to the left little menu when "hide folder" view option is enable.

For example, here it can be really nice if I can add my Notifications or Family folder in the left panel, and more awesome, get a badge count !

http://i.imgur.com/ipTUKPT.png

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base