Airmail Mac 3.x

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show number of new emails in folder with subfolder

I have noticed a big issue that annoying me every day with AirMail 2.
    Usually I receive emails moved by rules in IMAP folders and subfolders, but I don't see the total number of these emails in the root folder (see attachment). Also I think that the count of unread emails in the badge should be include the emails in IMAP folders, not only in the incoming box! Actually it's very hard to follow new emails using own structure of IMAP folders.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Send and Label

Hey, this would be really great and easy to implement:

Just as you can currently "Send and Archive" a message with a single click, you should add the option to "Send and Label as [user selected label] " with a single click.

For example, I currently label the messages that I send and need to follow up with as "Waiting for...". Currently I must send the message, go to the Sent Mail folder and manually label the sent message. With this new feature I could just use the "Send and Label as Waiting For..." and the sent message would get…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Only group emails when part of a thread

I like that Airmail groups emails as conversations but IMO the feature needs more options.

Right now I'm getting emails that aren't true conversations grouped together, e.g. where I get two emails with the same subject line. These emails don't follow on from one another and both require a separate response, but since Airmail groups them and automatically expands the top email, the others are effectively hidden and easy to miss.

Can we have an option to only group emails where there is a genuine thread of conversation between two people, rather than grouping by subject line? It must be…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Snippets for (iOS) Airmail

Use abbreviations for pieces of text that you need often. Most iOS email apps have them but this essential feature seems to be missing.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Use color labels

I use an independent mail provider. In Apple Mail you can put multiple labels in different colors on one message, what I use a lot. But when I use a label in Apple Mail, Airmail just put a star on the mail despite how many labels/flags and which color I put on a message in Apple Mail. Please fix that. As I had to buy your app to find this out, because there is no trial version.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Show full Email-address by default

Besides showing the sender's name, also show the Email address by default (instead of having to click the pull-down arrow). This would improve security because phishing mails could be identified by their fake email addresses.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Manually send delayed message

I love that Airmail has duplicated the gmail feature of delaying messages, but I've often found myself mildly annoyed by having to wait around for messages to send (unlike gmail, where the message sends immediately if you simply leave the page you sent the message from). So, I'm wondering if you could simply make a new dialog box for messages waiting to send along the lines of "Send Now." You already have a "Cancel" button on messages waiting to send; so, I would think that this would be easy to implement, and nice to have the option to manually force…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add notes to individual mails

button to allow adding 'notes' to a specific mail. its plug in i use a lot in t-bird allows you to make notes. e.g. what you or client said on the phone or little reminders about what the mail means, etc, basically cheer sheet notes that make things make sense when you look back at a mail in the future.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Don't store attachments in Application Support folder, just download it.

It would be great to get an option to download files directly to Downloads folder without having a copy in Application Support folder, think about it like a link to a file that downloads (just like a web client)

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to drop my vCard (.vcf), my digital business card, into my signature

as in other email programs, I want to ad my vCard, so that everybody who gets an email from me can easily add my address to his address book!

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Viewing and working with multiple email addresses

I'd like to have a way to easily see all the emails in the To:, CC:, etc. fields at once and to be able to copy them all at once.

In Apple's Mail.app, I just have to select the field to see the addresses and copy them. In Airmail, from what I can tell, I can only copy one email at a time from the down arrow by the from address. I also have a limited view of all the email addresses in each field which is problematic if there's a long list.

There are a few requests for copying…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. integrate labels into message list

It will be fantastic if the labels could be integrated into the message list. Currently I need to select a mail to see its labels which is annoying if you use labels intensely

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add "unread" as a search option for smart folders

"Unread" isn't a search option, so we can't integrate it into a smart folder. This is valuable, for example, to set a workflow where i can find unread or starred items to a particular address. I use this in Apple Mail instead of my inbox and thus I see all new messages, or ones I've flagged for later.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Option to always expand quoted text

It would be great to have an option to always expand quoted text without having to click on the ellipsis. I get a lot emails forwarded to me and it would be easier not to have to always click the ellipsis.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Trello integration should be able to pick default board and list

Add settings to the trello integration page to allow setting a default board and/or list.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Provide a switch to toggle an email account Offline/Online in left hand column/pane

Hi There;

It would be nice if you could provide a switch (say in left hand column/pane where the accounts are listed) to enable you to toggle an email account Offline/Online - so you don't have to go menu [Airmail] -> [Preferences ...] and then uncheck the "tick box" for the specific email account.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Different colors for Aliases

Can you please add an option so that i can choose a different color for aliases instead of using the one from the main account?

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Restore the "Directional Selection" option in Airmail 3

It used to be possible in Airmail 2 to select this in preferences (which option took me ages to find in the first place!). Now if I start deleting messages from oldest first, the message automatically moves down rather than up the list, which is really irritating!

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Different signatures on Mac and iOS

It would be nice to be able to disable syncing of signatures between the Mac and iOS applications, so that different signatures can be used on each device for a single email account. Currently it is only possible to use the same signature for each email account on all synced devices.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base