Airmail for macOS

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable editing via ResEdit

I'd love to see Airmail adopt the necessary APIs and tools to support ResEdit for greater UI customization. This would give me the ability to make the app look exactly how I want. This feature would be difficult to implement, as ResEdit was discontinued when OS9 was no longer supported, but with the proper emulation, I'm sure you could get it up and running- perhaps you could even include an OS9 emulator in Airmail itself! I'd love to use AppleWorks again, as I'm sure would everyone else too.

69 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Support for gmail superstars

I'm not sure how much this feature is still used by the majority of gmail users. I do have a pretty idiosyncratic way of organising my inbox.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Archive Messages from Inbox on a Schedule

Email quickly becomes stale, can we have a feature that labels specific messages and archives them on a schedule as opposed to immediately.

For example, maybe I want to archive all of my Read Inbox messages on a rolling 90 days or maybe I want specifically Archive all of my Calendar Notifications at the end of the day (they are useless after the meeting.)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Put Snooze Icon on Main Toolbar (and clean up the icons)

When viewing an email right now and you want to snooze an email you have to click the "…" icon, then choose snooze. Can you please put a snooze icon right on the toolbar, so it can be a one click option?

The best solution would be to give users the ability to choose what items go on the toolbar.

A simple clock icon would do, but I'd also like to see the icons get cleaned up. They aren't very good looking on my retina Mac.

I loved how MailBox did it. See the attached image. Simple and clean!

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Set a folder to which a new message is moved after it is sent

I used a plugin in Apple Mail (either Mail Act-On or MailTags) that allows me to set a folder to which a new message is moved after it is sent.

I prefer to use a hierarchical system of folders for archiving my emails, and it is so much easier to tag a new message before I send it than it is to send it, then go to the 'sent' folder and move it from there to where I want it.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bring Back Redirect option!

Why did you guys get rid of Redirect!!! I use this all the time. Very upset to see this gone all of a sudden. Now I have to downgrade.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Don't store attachments in Application Support folder, just download it.

It would be great to get an option to download files directly to Downloads folder without having a copy in Application Support folder, think about it like a link to a file that downloads (just like a web client)

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Adding an IMAP account includes previously created folders and subfolders

Just purchased and installed Aairmail Mac 2.0 and can't use as my godaddy IMAP accounts are not showing the folders I maintain (created in webmail or apple mail). Airmail needs to read this directly from the server and automatically add to the sidebar.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Mark text in received mail

I receive mail with multiple tasks to do. I mark these mails as to-do.
    As I start doing the requests in the mail I would like to mark some of them as done or mark them for something else.

In short it would be nice to change the color or background color of the content.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Snippets for (iOS) Airmail

Use abbreviations for pieces of text that you need often. Most iOS email apps have them but this essential feature seems to be missing.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make airmail:// reference links work with Archived messages

When I send a message to Omnifocus (in either mobile or desktop client) a nice link is included so I can click on it and get my original email back. It looks like this: airmail://message?mail=foo%40bar.com&messageid=A99B22CC-7FAA-1B8D-0DA3-3808AD2BEE11%40bar.com

Unfortunately, if the message is archived, and you're using the OSX version of Airmail, the link does not work. It works fine on the iOS version of Airmail.

Can we make airmail:// links work on OSX like they do on iOS, and have the message appear even when it's been archived?

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to drop my vCard (.vcf), my digital business card, into my signature

as in other email programs, I want to ad my vCard, so that everybody who gets an email from me can easily add my address to his address book!

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. confirm of reading

There is not confirm of reading or reception acused for airmail! How and when can we do that?!

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please add multiple color choices and other icons for STARRING emails, similar to GMAIL / define SEARCH for STARRED items

(1) Please add multiple color options and alternative icons for STARRING emails, similar to GMAIL

(2) define SEARCH for STARRED items, i.e. RED STAR, or PURPLE BANG and not just STARRED item(s)

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please put back the Bounce feature...

Please put back the bounce feature, it was VERY useful. Why was it removed???

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Themability

If not "one single email configuration fits every user", then also not "one single UI theme fits every user".

Since Airmail is already that much configurable, why aren't there any custom themes yet? A system where every user can make their own theme with a style guide we can share would be great.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Collective Signatures

Having a single signature database from which all accounts could draw would greatly simplify the use of signatures. As it stands now, I have to enter the same signature into multiple accounts, which means multiple times. It's getting a bit annoying having to do this again and again.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I really need my email accounts all to be localized so that they are not erased when my webmail is over quota

Make accounts localized so that when webmail is over quota you dont have to erase the messages

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base