Airmail Mac 3.x

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please Allow Customization of the Condensed Sidebar

I'd like customization options for the sidebar in condensed view. Currently, in normal view, you can customize your favorites, or the folders that appear in the sidebar. In condensed view, though, only the default favorites show. I'd like to be able to see my chosen favorites only in the condensed sidebar, rather than the favorites chosen by default.

91 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. calendar requests not showing correct time if coming from another time zone

When calendar requests are sent from another time zone, there is no indication of this in the red calendar bar in the message.

Instead, if a calendar request is sent from UTC+1 to a GMT location, it shows the time in the local time (11am instead of 10am) and does not indicate that its a different time zone.

Ideally, the time shown should just say the local time of the event, using the recipients time zone, not the senders time zone. And if this isnt possible, then it should at least indicate a different time zone. Otherwise I would think…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Option to include forwarded messages in conversation thread

When forwarding a message, the forwarded mail is not included in the conversation thread (unless the option "Group by Subject" is activated, which is unhandy as it simply lumps everything together which has the same subject - not helpful when there are multiple conversation with the same subject.

Hence an option would be desirable to allow a user to choose whether forwarded messages should be included in the conversation from which they have been forwarded or not.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Automatic reply in Airmail

Hello,
    will be absolutely perfect if you add automatic reply to Airmail with scheduling. For example, from 0:00 - 08:00 will be auto reply turned on.

Thank you

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Password protected inbox

I have kids, and i get mails that i want to "hide" from the kids and anyone else that i don't want to read my private mails, lets say from my lawyer. I would love to see a feature where you can password protect the whole app or just the inboxes, like i could chose to keep my iCloud inbox "open" but my Outlook inbox password protected. Been searching for mail clients that can do this but no success so far.

81 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Custom Sounds

Ability to add your own custom notification sounds. I'd to hear Yoda tell me I have mail! sd

148 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. onenote

Saving emails directly to Microsoft Onenote.

157 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I will move to Airmail if 1) move folder between local mailboxes 2) export all emails to mbox format in case of need of change client

1) need to move folder between local mailboxes - it's crucial. Outlook, Thuderbird have it, why AirMail doesn't?

2) In case of need of change mail client I'd like to export all my e-mails with folders from local mailbox to any mbox format, etc. Why it is not there, while all other mail clients have it?

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Show other recipients without having to click

In order to see if there are other recipients (and who they are), I have to click on the tiny downward arrow (screenshot attached). I would like a preference to always display recipients in the preview pane. The audience of an email is critical context for reading and responding to it. Thank you, Tony

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Restore the "Directional Selection" option in Airmail 3

It used to be possible in Airmail 2 to select this in preferences (which option took me ages to find in the first place!). Now if I start deleting messages from oldest first, the message automatically moves down rather than up the list, which is really irritating!

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Tagging

There is an app called MailTags for Apple Mail. It allows you to enter a keyword for every mail you receive. That keyword then appears in the sidebar and lets you easily sort your emails by different keywords as well as use those keywords for search.

Would be great if you could integrate this kind of tagging into Airmail

161 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Automatic Salutation

I no longer use Dispatch on iOS anymore because Airmail is so much better. However, one thing I loved was the ability to have a customizable salutation that would automatically appear when composing an email to someone.

It would be awesome if for instance, you could create one in settings have it synced between devices (like you guys do with signatures).

ie:

Hey {first name variable}

or

Hi {first name variable}

It could automatically be filled in when composing or replying. Few seconds of time saved, but would be great!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Viewing and working with multiple email addresses

I'd like to have a way to easily see all the emails in the To:, CC:, etc. fields at once and to be able to copy them all at once.

In Apple's Mail.app, I just have to select the field to see the addresses and copy them. In Airmail, from what I can tell, I can only copy one email at a time from the down arrow by the from address. I also have a limited view of all the email addresses in each field which is problematic if there's a long list.

There are a few requests for copying…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Message filing support

I use GTD principles and as I define my actions outside an mail app (think Things or OmniFocus), the end result is often a message filed (or moved) to specific folder. I want this to happen as quickly as possible. It would be cool when Airmail had a filing toolbar (much like MailHub plugin for Apple Mail ... or like ClearContext for Outlook).

needed functionality:
    * smart folder suggestion (where I have filed this person's/email list's/etc email's before)
    * filing account (into which account I file my emails)
    * possibility to file whole conversation
    * possibility to open filing folder …

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Use color labels

I use an independent mail provider. In Apple Mail you can put multiple labels in different colors on one message, what I use a lot. But when I use a label in Apple Mail, Airmail just put a star on the mail despite how many labels/flags and which color I put on a message in Apple Mail. Please fix that. As I had to buy your app to find this out, because there is no trial version.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Send and Label

Hey, this would be really great and easy to implement:

Just as you can currently "Send and Archive" a message with a single click, you should add the option to "Send and Label as [user selected label] " with a single click.

For example, I currently label the messages that I send and need to follow up with as "Waiting for...". Currently I must send the message, go to the Sent Mail folder and manually label the sent message. With this new feature I could just use the "Send and Label as Waiting For..." and the sent message would get…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Apple Watch complications

The title says it all: there are no "complications" on the first release of the iOS app which really is a shame.

I'd love to see a minimalist complication (ie: a small letter with a badge count for unread mail, in the way Microsoft did it with Outlook complications) which could be added to the watch faces.. It would fix the only negative aspect of an otherwise full-featured and killer apple watch app. You know what you have to do!

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Change the Account Creation using the email Address

Hello,

The Account Creation should not be linked to the email address I believe. It should have some other free Text form or some other format. Since this prevents creating another email account with the same address when we want to preserve of existing mails when the email server is getting retired or changed

There is not much thought process is been done on this i presume

This feature would improve the value of the mail client

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Mark "awaiting reply"

I many mail conversations, you often end up, where you are awaiting a reply on a mail from the recipient. Those kind of mail threads tend to stay in the inbox.

I would like a feature, where I can mark a mail thread as "awaiting reply" and the thread should then be hidden (like in snooze) until I get a reply and at that point, the thread should move back to the inbox.

The even more advanced edition of this idea is, that I can define a "max wait" time, so that if I have not had a reply for…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base