Airmail Mac 3.x

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug: Some emails do not load / are blank.

Specifically, I can never view Warby Parker emails on iOS & macOS, but can when switching to another email client. Potentially a larger issue with other emails.

iOS: 11.0.x
    iOS Airmail: Airmail Build 309 [3] [29-05-2017]

macOS: 10.2.6
    macOS Airmail: Airmail 3 Version 3.5 (452)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  UX  ·  Admin →
  2. Incorrect Inbox Display after Mark Not Spam

I received an email that was marked as spam. I was expecting the email, so I knew to look in the Spam folder for it. I clicked on the message, then selected "Mark as Not Spam". I then go to Inbox and I am unable to see the message. However, if I search for the message, I am able to see it, and the message says that it is in the Inbox.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Editing emails and applying font colors do not display as the right color in preview pane

Please fix the preview pane so that when I send an email with fonts in different colors, the preview pane displays the font colors properly. Instead, the preview pane displays it as black.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Spam contextual menu option

I wanted mark a message as featured quickly and accidentally I marked it as a spam, and I cannot recover this message. it's not a good idea arrange the "mark as a spam option" below to "mark as featured" in the contextual menu, also both menu options wear icons with same yellow color. I think may be fine to have a spam folder/window to recover messages and email adresses from spam.
    Thanks, and sorry for my bad english.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Interface and icon usage

When I disable "show message detail" and only look at my list of emails, there is no easy way to delete an email other than swiping left or right. It would be nice to have hover icons (that appear when you hover) to the right of the "unread" and "star" indicators.

In this same view, if I double click an email to open it, the message will appear in a new window (as expected). However, this window does not contain any customizable icons. One major issue is that there is no "trash" icon. So it's hard to double-click an email…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. undo delete

when deleting a messaged (for me, it's the left arrow), then command+z doesn't bring that message back. instead, it brings back another messaged, often times somewhere else in the list, but I don't know which one - just see my message ticker tick up. #frustrated.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Option to remove redundant UI

In Airmail 3, there is even more explicit duplication of already existing functionality from context menus, menu bar, and search.

While I'm sure some people prefer more visible, explicit tap targets, there are already so many features it clutters Airmail 3 and makes the meaning of some items unclear.

These options could be another section of the Appearance panel in preferences, it doesn't even have to be an explicit menu item.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Prevent accidental switching to Search view when clicking to focus

I switch focus between windows by clicking near the top of an application window. With Airmail I frequently end up clicking into the search box and accidentally switching away from Inbox to the Search view.

Can this be changed so that it doesn't switch to Search view until it's actually returning search results? ie. when I start typing into the search box.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. subject line doesn't appear above message when animations/transparency off

When "Animations andTransparency" is disabled (in Preferences/Advanced/Advanced Graphics) The subject line of the selected message doesn't appear at the top of the message pane appear until I click in the top of the message pane (under the tool bar).

Re-enablling "Animations andTransparency" and restarting makes the subject line display as expected, but I'm trying to conserve clock cycles...

Airmail Version 3.3.2 (442), running on mid2010 MacBookPro under Sierra 10.12.5 (16F73)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Graphical bug in Fullscreen mode (Annoying!)

Graphical Bug in Fullscreen mode

1. Go into fullscreen mode

2. Drag the mouse to the bottom left

3. Graphical bug appears with double icon on top of each other. Reproducible every time!

No functional impact but very annoying graphical glitch!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Few ideas

I've been using Airmail for over a year now, and I like it, but it still has a lot of problems, bugs, strange solutions:
    1. Update conversations - is this really necessary - it should be done automaitcally
    2. search problems - in version 3.0.1. it still has some search problems - doesn't show all emails, does it slow sometimes
    3. When using Airmail on 2 computers conversations are not updated on both computers
    4. when using on 2 computers - starred emails are not shown on both of them sometimes, and sometimes it is impossible to unmark starred email…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Apply account colour to the border of account icons in the lower left corner!

Add the option to apply your selected account colour to the border of the account icons that can be found in the lower left corner - (instead of the default white coloured border).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Would be nice if double click on title bar worked like other apps

I use double click to minimise window to dock in all apps, I find it a useful gesture. But in airmail it leads to an awkward animation maximising the window to fill the screen then minimising it. Could we skip the maximising step?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Remove "Go To" menu step

The menu has only one item in, it's a completely pointless menu, IIRC it wasn't always there too. Could the hamburger item in the sidebar just link straight to the menu under "Go To"? It would make going to folders much easier when using the collapsed sidebar.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Unify icons

There are at least 4 different icons Airmail uses for the same action. Why do those icons look different, if they all work the same way?

I belive it is much more helpful if you know there is "that" icon and no matter where you see it, you know how it works and what action is tied to it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. As 'VIP' is an acronym, please consider changing the contextual menu item 'Add to Vips' to 'Add to VIP List'.

As 'VIP' is an acronym, please consider changing the contextual menu item 'Add to Vips' to 'Add to VIP' or 'Add to VIP List'.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base