Airmail Mac 3.x

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Open email links in embedded browser rather than kicking the user out to external browser

it would be great if clicking on a link in airmail would replace the message pane with an embedded browser that showed the link content rather than kicking the user out to the system web browser.

the current behaviour causes a proliferation of browser tabs which isn't good for anyone.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  UX  ·  Admin →
  2. Exchange does not appear in activity window.

Be nice to be able to see exchange in activity like you can imap etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Restore "right click" keyboard shortcut functionality

I am using Send To functionality heavily.

I could hit d do invoke right-clicking on e-mail, which has invoked right-click menu with send to omnifocus.

It would be nice to have that functionality back.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  UX  ·  Admin →
  4. Dont block email fetching when popup for new Airmail version is being displayed

I love Airmail and this may be because i'm always using the beta versions and they come out frequently (thank you!), but when a notice pops up that there's a new version out Airmail stops fetching mail. That can happen when you're away (say for a week) then the process is one pop up per new version that came out in the week must be dismissed and only after you've done them all will it fetch mail from that last week. Thats a lot of waiting and pain. I kill the app (force quit) in scenarios like that just to…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Label Menu Width

I use Airmail for my Exchange account because it is way better than Outlook. One issue I have is when I use the L shortcut to apply a label, the dropdown list is very narrow. I need a fairly complex hierarchy of folders/labels on my exchange account and many have similar names. Because the label dropdown list is so narrow, it is hard to figure out which label I want. Can you make the list wider or adapt to the lenght of the labels?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Match Gmail's Label Alphabetization

I have a label system something like this in Gmail:

+COMPANY 1
    +COMPANY 2
    receipts
    payments
    legal

Basically the + are companies and the non+ labels are labels I use across all companies so I don't have to create tons of duplicate sub-labels inside each company.

Issue is that Airmail labels things (ie the color triangle) in the inbox by first alphabetical label but it puts +XXX at the end of the list whereas Gmail puts it at the beginning.

Small thing but makes a big difference when trying to see what's what at a glance.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Snooze is a mess

Each time I try to snoze a message on my Mac it is impossible to do so because the interface for doing that either won't accept the simplest input (key strokes are interpreted as shortcuts for changing the app's interface) or the on-screen buttons won't work (setting the date by selecting in the calendar doesn't work neither do the arrows for manual input). Would you please resolve those issues as snooze is a feature advertised so very prominently in the latest releases.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sound Output

Currently there is no option to set which sound output is chosen for different sounds as far as I can see. Thus the trash sound is played thru the internal speaker of my MacPro and the incoming mail notifications thru my headset. As I don't wear my headset all the time I tend to miss incoming mails. Very frustrating.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  UX  ·  Admin →
  9. Account switch icons on MBP Touch Bar

The MacBook Pro touch bar should show icons for the email accounts to allow quick switching between them.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Numbered shortcut keys, problem on snooze

Hi, spotted a slight problem ... when snoozing a mail if you try to manually type a time ... e.g. 02:30 ... Airmail picks the "2" up as the shortcut for "important" emails and drops the snooze window.

Cheers,

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. increase sensitivity of 'pull-to-refresh-inbox'

The 'pull-to-refresh-inbox' is very 'heavy'. The amount of swipe required to pull down the refresh is unfriendly. Some times it gives me the feeling I am not going to reach the full pull required for it to work.

I would suggest increasing the height of this refresh-bar for a more lightweight feel to the refresh (so for the same amount of swipe it would show a higher 'pull-to-refresh-inbox-block'. Possibly the amount of swipe required to initiate the refresh could be decreased at the same time.

It would also be nice to see in the bar when the refresh is triggered,…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Filter list - tooltips or labels

It would be nice to have a tooltip that appears on hover-over, or some sort of other label, for the filters in the Inbox (viewable by turning on "View > Show Filter".

As-is, they're sort of "mystery meat navigation" and are tough to use if you don't remember which does what (see attached screenshot, where they are highlighted).

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Better distinguish 'delete' and 'archive' keyboard shortcuts, indicators

Provide option for better keyboard shortcuts for Archive/Delete:
    Simply toggling del and cmd-del does not provide a good mental mnemonic for easy recall. (The same is true for left & cmd-left.)

In addition, the visual indications for these are the same, making it difficult to determine after the fact which action was performed.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Better clarity for email conversations

With lengthy conversations, it becomes very hard to see the break between the end of one message and the start of another. I feel that the UI would benefit from including a pale shade of grey around each to clearly separate them. Quick visual attached.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Unsubscribe Option in all Context Menus (right click/dropdown)

Hi :)

Would be nice if the unsubscribe option would be accessible from all email context menus (see screenshots).

All the best and thank you for the great app!

Dave

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Put back the "Get Mail" icon that used to be right next to the "Compose" icon.

With beta 352, the Get Mail icon disappeared. Please give it back to us.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show commands shortcut

I think it'd be terribly useful to have a 'show commands' shortcut opening a typeahead modal window where you can search through all available commands.

The thing is, there are so many useful features in Airmail that you need to make it easier for people to get to them!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Color Panel & Text Field Class - NSObject

Customization features can get buggy, adds testing cycles, and lots of other nightmares so templates get you to a release. That said, I would like to see a build that uses the classes that are exposed in NSObject.

You will have a hard time making everyone happy with the random modes and themes that are requested (daily)

If you give users the option to "reset" by providing a "restore defaults" option, slap a beta label on it, it's totally cool. ;)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Graphical feedback when moving mails to other account

When moving mails to other accounts it would be nice if there was just a small graphical feedback (e.g. in the status bar) that the process is running/in progress or if it did not work. Often I have mails in my inbox after I tried to move them because it did not work or the mails just were not removed from the inbox although they were copied already.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. EU week (Monday) and clock (24h) standards

First day of the week, no matter which local language I pick is Sunday (?!?!). I (many of us) need Monday.

With AM / PM so easy to get confused and FAIL, that's bad... please enable 24 hour clock.

The translation for (no Croatian so I choose Serbian instead) is mixed up with Spanish (?!?), what a mess.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base