Airmail Mac 3.x

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatic Detect Language Direction {RTL<->LTR}

Currently, You need to switch from RTL to LTR manually, Why it's just can't be like the app on the desktop. :)

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  UX  ·  Admin →
  2. unread message count keeps changing

for some reason, the unread message count in "all mailboxes' always shows a larger number until I click on it, then it syncs and drops down to the "real" count. Do I have something set incorrectly. I'd like to know the true unread message count no matter what folder I am in.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  UX  ·  Admin →
  3. Display icons for folders in expanded sidebar

Since most folders already have unique function-specific icons in condensed view, those could be used like finder-sidebar or subfolder/label icons also on the top level of the folder list for easier overview.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Show labels only when they contain unread messages

Gmail has a feature where you can choose to only show a label in the label list if it has unread messages within it. I would love to see such a feature in Airmail.

Some backstory: I have set up many filters to put messages into various labels (bypassing the inbox) where I treat them as todo lists. When every label is visible at the same time, the UI is a bit overwhelming and it can be difficult to tell which label needs my attention. When labels are only visible when unread messages are within, it's easy to see what…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Quick reply keyboard shortcut conflict

Normally when editing text, cmd-left and cmd-right work like Home and End keys (important on a Macbook which lacks these keys). In the Quick Reply mode, this is overridden by shortcuts for hiding and displaying message detail. So, intending to move the cursor to the start of the line instead hides the message and quick reply entirely! This message detail show/hide shortcut should be disabled when editing in the quick reply box, so the standard home/end shortcuts work properly.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Arrow icon showing when you replied to a message

When you forward an email from your inbox, an arrow shows next to that message showing that you forwarded that message, but when you reply to a message, there's no arrow. I consistently forget if I responded to an email and then have to search through my sent items to see if I replied or not.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Close original mail window on reply

There is an option in Outlook to close the original mail window when you hit reply. The new window (the reply email) is all you need to see at that point, since it includes the original email in its body. Therefore it is helpful to auto-close the original email window. I have put this under UX because it is about reducing the user's key/mouse strokes.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allows users to choose folders for the compact view

I constantly use ToDo/Memo folders when I work in Airmail and I also like to compact view, when you collapse the left navigation pane in just a set of big icons.
    But users can't choose the folders they see there, for instance, I don't really like to have my ToDo list hidden behind the 'hamburger' icon.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bug: High Sierra Full Screen

After upgrading to High Sierra (10.13), Airmail v3.5 seems to display issues when in full screen mode.

When composing an email, the To/CC fields would usually autocomplete/suggest contacts as you start typing their name/address. However, in High Sierra full screen mode, this functionality is not present. If you go to windowed mode, it behaves as expected.

Also, spelling autocorrect also seems to have display issues in full screen mode.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. People Centric View

It would be very cool to have a view with the Contacts-History in the Sidebar. On clicking the contact, all mails exchanged with this contact should be shown.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Improve behavior of navigating conversations with the keyboard

Let's say I have a conversation thread in my inbox with 5 messages: 2 have been previously read and 3 are new. I'm using Gmail keyboard shortcuts, and I select the thread. This is what should happen:

• The 2 previously read messages appear collapsed.

• All of the unread messages are expanded.

• The oldest unread message is selected and scrolled fully into view.

• Hitting "n" goes to the next oldest unread message. It is scrolled fully into view. Currently only a tiny amount is scrolled into view (e.g. enough to read the recipient list and nothing else), and one must then…
    6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Pro Slim theme inconsistent

The sender name in the Pro Slim theme is shown in bold black colour font when the message is read. Unread messages use a blue font for the sender name.

This is inconsistent with the other themes. The sender name should revert to grey when the message is read.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add just "Copy" as option to right-click menu on parsed links inside email

Previous suggestion marked as Done but it's not. When right-clicking a parsed link, such as an email, there is not a "Copy" (only) option. Instead we are given "Copy link" which produces mailto:email@domain.com, which nobody will ever want in their entire life.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. help for localization

Hi,

there are some ugly typos in the German localization. And some parts are translated some are not.
    If you would like I would gladly could support you with the German localization.

Best regards

Martin

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  UX  ·  Admin →
  15. Focus cursor in Folder Name field when creating new label/folder

When you create a new folder or label and the little window pops up to enter the folder / label name, the field does not have focus. You have to click in the field and then type. It would help a great deal to give that field focus immediately upon choosing to create a new folder / label.

Thanks!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When minimising the sidebar the icons should match what favourites are set on the selected account

Currently when you minimise the sidebar the icons that show up do not match the favourites that you set for the account.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow Airmail window to move to external monitor.

Airmail 3 on OSX 10.11 El Capitan appears to only run on the primary monitor. When dragged to the second monitor, it just jumps back to the primary.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. open window

When archiving or moving a message from the main window, if that message is open in a viewer window, the viewer window should stay open (with labels updated correctly). As it is, the message viewer windows get closed due to actions in the main window.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Navigating a thread with shortcut keys

I love the possibility to be able to navigate a thread with the keys N and P - Gmail style.

However - after the great 3.0 release, it's not possible to open a collapse message in the thread. Or am I missing something?

I prefer to have all messages collapsed, navigate down to a message and then press Enter (or something) to toggle this open - or to close is.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Permit navigation when viewing messages in a separate window

It would be useful to be able to scroll through messages while viewing them in a separate window (instead of preview pane). This would allow user to quickly scan through messages in the folder without distraction to quickly process them. Also some messages have content that is wider than what the preview pane is currently set to, so this would allow the user to scroll through these messages without having to adjust the application window size and open up these messages individually

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base