Airmail Mac 3.x

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to move Send Button in the touchbar

The Send button in the touchbar is not able to be moved. It just happens to sit under my left hand. I inadvertently touch it often, prematurely sending incomplete emails. If I could move it when editing the touchbar layout I could put it in an area that my fingers are less likely to hit it when I don't want to.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  UX  ·  Admin →
  2. Smart Folder Refresh

Smart Folders (saved searches) don't refresh automatically, eg when a mail has been read. Eg if you have a Smart Folder that shows all unread mails, you have to navigate out and back to the Smart folder (or hit 1, 1) in order for those read mails to disappear. There should be a Cmd-R type facility to force-refresh (plus an automatic refresh).

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  UX  ·  Admin →
  3. Close original mail window on reply

There is an option in Outlook to close the original mail window when you hit reply. The new window (the reply email) is all you need to see at that point, since it includes the original email in its body. Therefore it is helpful to auto-close the original email window. I have put this under UX because it is about reducing the user's key/mouse strokes.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Label Menu Width

I use Airmail for my Exchange account because it is way better than Outlook. One issue I have is when I use the L shortcut to apply a label, the dropdown list is very narrow. I need a fairly complex hierarchy of folders/labels on my exchange account and many have similar names. Because the label dropdown list is so narrow, it is hard to figure out which label I want. Can you make the list wider or adapt to the lenght of the labels?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Scroll bug found with Airmail Version 3.2.1 (397)

You have a bug in the reading panes that when you have a long email string, and you scroll towards the bottom, the screen bounces when viewing that email string. Very annoying

Attaching video of this: http://jmp.sh/8sqwIwy

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Graphical bug in Fullscreen mode (Annoying!)

Graphical Bug in Fullscreen mode

1. Go into fullscreen mode

2. Drag the mouse to the bottom left

3. Graphical bug appears with double icon on top of each other. Reproducible every time!

No functional impact but very annoying graphical glitch!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allows users to choose folders for the compact view

I constantly use ToDo/Memo folders when I work in Airmail and I also like to compact view, when you collapse the left navigation pane in just a set of big icons.
    But users can't choose the folders they see there, for instance, I don't really like to have my ToDo list hidden behind the 'hamburger' icon.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Remove "Go To" menu step

The menu has only one item in, it's a completely pointless menu, IIRC it wasn't always there too. Could the hamburger item in the sidebar just link straight to the menu under "Go To"? It would make going to folders much easier when using the collapsed sidebar.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Open email links in embedded browser rather than kicking the user out to external browser

it would be great if clicking on a link in airmail would replace the message pane with an embedded browser that showed the link content rather than kicking the user out to the system web browser.

the current behaviour causes a proliferation of browser tabs which isn't good for anyone.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. As 'VIP' is an acronym, please consider changing the contextual menu item 'Add to Vips' to 'Add to VIP List'.

As 'VIP' is an acronym, please consider changing the contextual menu item 'Add to Vips' to 'Add to VIP' or 'Add to VIP List'.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Multiple window view

I would like to be able to have more than one folder open at the same time, ideally in different windows. Often I have a specific search result in the main window and before I am finished working on those results I need to look at my inbox or review some other folder. I would like to be able to right-click on a folder (like All Inboxes) and select "Open in new window"

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Show labels only when they contain unread messages

Gmail has a feature where you can choose to only show a label in the label list if it has unread messages within it. I would love to see such a feature in Airmail.

Some backstory: I have set up many filters to put messages into various labels (bypassing the inbox) where I treat them as todo lists. When every label is visible at the same time, the UI is a bit overwhelming and it can be difficult to tell which label needs my attention. When labels are only visible when unread messages are within, it's easy to see what…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow Airmail window to move to external monitor.

Airmail 3 on OSX 10.11 El Capitan appears to only run on the primary monitor. When dragged to the second monitor, it just jumps back to the primary.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  UX  ·  Admin →
  14. Improve visibility of messages in a conversation

Improve visibility of messages in a conversation to allow seeing messages in a conversation on the message list. This would also allow deleting a single message in a thread.

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Dont block email fetching when popup for new Airmail version is being displayed

I love Airmail and this may be because i'm always using the beta versions and they come out frequently (thank you!), but when a notice pops up that there's a new version out Airmail stops fetching mail. That can happen when you're away (say for a week) then the process is one pop up per new version that came out in the week must be dismissed and only after you've done them all will it fetch mail from that last week. Thats a lot of waiting and pain. I kill the app (force quit) in scenarios like that just to…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Few ideas

I've been using Airmail for over a year now, and I like it, but it still has a lot of problems, bugs, strange solutions:
    1. Update conversations - is this really necessary - it should be done automaitcally
    2. search problems - in version 3.0.1. it still has some search problems - doesn't show all emails, does it slow sometimes
    3. When using Airmail on 2 computers conversations are not updated on both computers
    4. when using on 2 computers - starred emails are not shown on both of them sometimes, and sometimes it is impossible to unmark starred email…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Would be nice if double click on title bar worked like other apps

I use double click to minimise window to dock in all apps, I find it a useful gesture. But in airmail it leads to an awkward animation maximising the window to fill the screen then minimising it. Could we skip the maximising step?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Prevent accidental switching to Search view when clicking to focus

I switch focus between windows by clicking near the top of an application window. With Airmail I frequently end up clicking into the search box and accidentally switching away from Inbox to the Search view.

Can this be changed so that it doesn't switch to Search view until it's actually returning search results? ie. when I start typing into the search box.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Navigating a thread with shortcut keys

I love the possibility to be able to navigate a thread with the keys N and P - Gmail style.

However - after the great 3.0 release, it's not possible to open a collapse message in the thread. Or am I missing something?

I prefer to have all messages collapsed, navigate down to a message and then press Enter (or something) to toggle this open - or to close is.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sound Output

Currently there is no option to set which sound output is chosen for different sounds as far as I can see. Thus the trash sound is played thru the internal speaker of my MacPro and the incoming mail notifications thru my headset. As I don't wear my headset all the time I tend to miss incoming mails. Very frustrating.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  UX  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base