Airmail Mac 3.x

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Airmail window to move to external monitor.

Airmail 3 on OSX 10.11 El Capitan appears to only run on the primary monitor. When dragged to the second monitor, it just jumps back to the primary.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  UX  ·  Admin →
  2. Dont block email fetching when popup for new Airmail version is being displayed

I love Airmail and this may be because i'm always using the beta versions and they come out frequently (thank you!), but when a notice pops up that there's a new version out Airmail stops fetching mail. That can happen when you're away (say for a week) then the process is one pop up per new version that came out in the week must be dismissed and only after you've done them all will it fetch mail from that last week. Thats a lot of waiting and pain. I kill the app (force quit) in scenarios like that just to…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  UX  ·  Admin →
  3. Sound Output

Currently there is no option to set which sound output is chosen for different sounds as far as I can see. Thus the trash sound is played thru the internal speaker of my MacPro and the incoming mail notifications thru my headset. As I don't wear my headset all the time I tend to miss incoming mails. Very frustrating.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Few ideas

I've been using Airmail for over a year now, and I like it, but it still has a lot of problems, bugs, strange solutions:
    1. Update conversations - is this really necessary - it should be done automaitcally
    2. search problems - in version 3.0.1. it still has some search problems - doesn't show all emails, does it slow sometimes
    3. When using Airmail on 2 computers conversations are not updated on both computers
    4. when using on 2 computers - starred emails are not shown on both of them sometimes, and sometimes it is impossible to unmark starred email…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Would be nice if double click on title bar worked like other apps

I use double click to minimise window to dock in all apps, I find it a useful gesture. But in airmail it leads to an awkward animation maximising the window to fill the screen *then* minimising it. Could we skip the maximising step?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Quick reply keyboard shortcut conflict

Normally when editing text, cmd-left and cmd-right work like Home and End keys (important on a Macbook which lacks these keys). In the Quick Reply mode, this is overridden by shortcuts for hiding and displaying message detail. So, intending to move the cursor to the start of the line instead hides the message and quick reply entirely! This message detail show/hide shortcut should be disabled when editing in the quick reply box, so the standard home/end shortcuts work properly.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Sync customized swipes between iOS and Mac

On iOS, you can customize your swipes in the message list, and there are two levels of swipes on the left and the right.

On the Mac, there's only one level of swipe, and the actions are non-customizable, which is bad for muscle memory.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  UX  ·  Admin →
  8. Prevent accidental switching to Search view when clicking to focus

I switch focus between windows by clicking near the top of an application window. With Airmail I frequently end up clicking into the search box and accidentally switching away from Inbox to the Search view.

Can this be changed so that it doesn't switch to Search view until it's actually returning search results? ie. when I start typing into the search box.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Navigating a thread with shortcut keys

I love the possibility to be able to navigate a thread with the keys N and P - Gmail style.

However - after the great 3.0 release, it's not possible to open a collapse message in the thread. Or am I missing something?

I prefer to have all messages collapsed, navigate down to a message and then press Enter (or something) to toggle this open - or to close is.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Option to remove redundant UI

In Airmail 3, there is even more explicit duplication of already existing functionality from context menus, menu bar, and search.

While I'm sure some people prefer more visible, explicit tap targets, there are already so many features it clutters Airmail 3 and makes the meaning of some items unclear.

These options could be another section of the Appearance panel in preferences, it doesn't even have to be an explicit menu item.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Apply account colour to the border of account icons in the lower left corner!

Add the option to apply your selected account colour to the border of the account icons that can be found in the lower left corner - (instead of the default white coloured border).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. help for localization

Hi,

there are some ugly typos in the German localization. And some parts are translated some are not.
    If you would like I would gladly could support you with the German localization.

Best regards

Martin

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  UX  ·  Admin →
  13. Unify icons

There are at least 4 different icons Airmail uses for the same action. Why do those icons look different, if they all work the same way?

I belive it is much more helpful if you know there is "that" icon and no matter where you see it, you know how it works and what action is tied to it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Numbered shortcut keys, problem on snooze

Hi, spotted a slight problem ... when snoozing a mail if you try to manually type a time ... e.g. 02:30 ... Airmail picks the "2" up as the shortcut for "important" emails and drops the snooze window.

Cheers,

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. unread message count keeps changing

for some reason, the unread message count in "all mailboxes' always shows a larger number until I click on it, then it syncs and drops down to the "real" count. Do I have something set incorrectly. I'd like to know the true unread message count no matter what folder I am in.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. A plugin for for time tracking

Time tracking apps (e.g., Timings) use the window title to track usage. But the main window exposes no info about the current email via window title.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Snooze is a mess

Each time I try to snoze a message on my Mac it is impossible to do so because the interface for doing that either won't accept the simplest input (key strokes are interpreted as shortcuts for changing the app's interface) or the on-screen buttons won't work (setting the date by selecting in the calendar doesn't work neither do the arrows for manual input). Would you please resolve those issues as snooze is a feature advertised so very prominently in the latest releases.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add just "Copy" as option to right-click menu on parsed links inside email

Previous suggestion marked as Done but it's not. When right-clicking a parsed link, such as an email, there is not a "Copy" (only) option. Instead we are given "Copy link" which produces mailto:email@domain.com, which nobody will ever want in their entire life.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Incorrect Inbox Display after Mark Not Spam

I received an email that was marked as spam. I was expecting the email, so I knew to look in the Spam folder for it. I clicked on the message, then selected "Mark as Not Spam". I then go to Inbox and I am unable to see the message. However, if I search for the message, I am able to see it, *and* the message says that it is in the Inbox.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Exchange does not appear in activity window.

Be nice to be able to see exchange in activity like you can imap etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base