Airmail Mac 3.x

How can we improve Airmail?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Many icons of poor quality - very annoying

The Airmail icons for the task-bar, notifications area and in some places of the app itself are of poor quality, rough and jagged. Please update, it's very annoying to use a beautiful mail app with ugly, discouraging icons...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Layout  ·  Admin →
  2. when you select an email in your mailbox, the colour gets only slightly more greyish, so it is almost impossible to see the difference. This

when you select an email in your mailbox, the colour gets only slightly more greyish, so it is almost impossible to see the difference. This can be quite annoying when you are searching for something in older emails, which have already been read, because you don’t see where you are on the list. And it becomes a real torture for the eyes to find out which message is selected… Maybe if on the left side of the rectangle one had a visual thing showing that this is the message selected, this would make it…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Toggle Menu

Is there a way to toggle (view and hide button or command shortcut) the menus - accounts sidebar?
    Please refer to the images.

Thanks

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow us to scroll the round account icons on the left

I'm using only the samll left bar with icons, includning the round ones to the accounts. However, since I have A LOT of them, I would love to scroll them, just to check if there are new messages, right on the bar. For now, the only way I can do it is (at lesat as far as I could understand) to click on the round account icon on the top and check the hidden ones (the last ones on the list) one by one.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Starting sentences with "On" hides the rest of the message

In both the Mac and iOS clients (most up to date as of 11/17/17), I noticed that whenever there is a sentence that starts with "On" in the body of the email, that sentence and the rest of the email will be hidden as if Airmail thinks that the remainder of the message is part of the reply thread.

I assume this is because most replies start with "On XXX at YYY, ZZZ wrote:". Would it be possible to change the default email folding so that Airmail looks at the word "On" in context instead of assuming that anything that…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Citation Colors

Airmail marks citations in E-Mails only with brackets (>, >> and son on) and not as in Apple Mail with colored text and lines! This is in my opinion a major disadvantage of the programme, because text / conversations get very unreadable and don´t appear clearly, which is very annoying for the usability.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ellipsis (collapse) un-quoted (old reply) part of message sent via Outlook Web Access clients

Collapsing of old (quoted) replies in each message works well when receiving those messages from most email clients.

But for some reason Outlook Web Access doesn't use a common previous-reply quoting markup.

Can you please find and support collapsing of their alternative quoting?
    OWA is able to do it itself I believe.

The real problem is if I get fifty emails back and forth from OWA users, I'll have to scroll forever to find the out-of-order (not quoted) replies, etc.

Making this even more bothersome is some auto-reloading timer Airmail does with its viewing pane... whereby all my manual scrolling…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Expand the latest message in thread that is in selected folder/label not the latest message in all the thread that can be in another folder

When you choose a line in the list of the messages that are in subfolder, you get ALL messages in this thread and the expanded message is the latest in the thread while it can be in another subfolder/label (or stay in inbox not sorted).
    So, when you expect to see the same message you select in the list, you get quite different one in some other folder (maybe it's newer and has some fresh info but you clicked on subfolder/label so its logical you did it for a reason: you were looking for some message in this subfolder).
    It…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Improve white space and line height in the messages list (OSX El Capitan font)

Dear Sirs,

No matter if i display the profile icons, the message description, or the theme, I would like to mention the lack of whitespace between each element on the message list. As you know, OSX El Capitan uses a new system font "San Francisco UI" and the message list looks quite cluttered now. The line height is also too little and it makes the list a bit weird.

I've attached a screenshot with my suggestion.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I am using version 2.6.1 with the Echo-look, I also tried the other looks. When I select one or more mails in any folder, there is no visib

I am using version 2.6.1 on the Mac with the Echo-look, I also tried the other looks.

When I select one or more mails in my inbox or in any folder, there is no visible highlighting, no contrast or shadow or else.
    There is just a very light grey star to the left of the selected items, very easy to miss on my screen.

Is there a way to make this more clearly in my configuration, or could you please add this as a feature?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Smart folders are too small and dim

The smart folders in the sidebar are small, with dark gray names (while the other stuff in the sidebar is white and easily readable). They are also VERY dim and muted, especially against the dark background. The line icons are tiny and very difficult to see as well.

I use smart folders a LOT and it seems counterintuive that they are the smallest and least visible of the elements.

Please consider making them on par with the other elements. And give us brighter color icons that are easier to see.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Layout  ·  Admin →
  14. Check you spelling please ..... 'Apperance Preferences' - the second 'a' is missing.

Check you spelling please ..... 'Apperance Preferences' - the second 'a' is missing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Switching of account ,etc.

I would like to place Icons for switching of account on top of the window.

And, I like that the description is displayed under account Icon Instead of e-mail address.

(like attached png's file)

But,I love Airmail. So cool !

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sender name should be boldfaced-- it's practically invisible

The sender's name is the most important identifying element. I glance at the sender first to see if I want to open the email.

Right now, I have to put my face right up to the screen of my 27" Mac to see the name. Not good! I want to see it in boldface.

The sender icons are pretty, but not terribly useful. Too many of them display only letters of the alphabet, which are not useful for identifying the sender (too many people with initial A, etc.)

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Mailbox Folder Text Size

Please provide us with the option to resize the folder text size. I'd like mine to be smaller than it appears now but others might prefer them larger.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The app in split view mode takes to much space

When using Airmail in split view mode it takes to much space. In my case mail app shares screen together with messenger app but Airmail takes most of it. It should be possile to easy/fast hide message pane or list of messages and share screen 50/50.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I still don't understand why anyone thinks this is good design

This is a screenshot from a 27" monitor. Look where the task list is. You have to take a train to get there. Why not make the left side more flexible, so that it remains under the mailbox list and gradually moves down as you add boxes. Just planting it in the lower left with such a small font makes it almost useless.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Left Side Bar could be visually better. Fonts are too small, especially if you are someone who wears glasses / contacts. Agree that black is

Left Side Bar could be visually better. Fonts are too small, especially if you are someone who wears glasses / contacts. Agree that black is not a good color and should be changeable if desired.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Airmail Mac 3.x

Feedback and Knowledge Base