Airmail Mac 3.x

How can we improve Airmail?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Toolbar customization - rearrange folders

I'd like to be able to orginize the toolbar the way I need it. Reorginize Inbox and Sent folder locations, add folders from my Exchange server to the tool bar, say to be located under the Inbox.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Layout  ·  Admin →
  2. Display Pic for account turns upside down every now and then.

Display Pic for account turns upside down every now and then. It fixes itself when I click on the image.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Layout  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve threads and no. of emails synced

The conversation view is terrible and as it is at the moment for me almost unusable. Here are some suggested improvements:

1. Include sent items in the conversations - I want to see if and what I replied.

2. Placing the conversations under the latest email is not practical. If there were a lot of replies I have to scroll through all of the quoted text before I reach the conversations and all I wanted is to see them. I do not know exactly how to change this, but it is annoying.

A feature to sync only last few weeks…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Layout  ·  Admin →
  4. Simpler Outlook layout

I've migrated from Outlook, and while I appreciate all of the layout options you provide, no options are as simple as what I had in Outlook. Outlook allowed me to have three columns: Sender, Subject, Date Received. (Actually they allow for a lot of customization, but this is how I liked it.) I like being able to search each column for what I wanted instead of having all of the information within one column like you do. When I am working on a project, and I have dozen of emails coming in every minute or so, having all of that…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Filled label colors and menu background color

I would like the label colors to be filled and not have this other border colors. Would be more consistent.

Also it would be nice with a brighter tone of the background color in the left menu. A greyscale instead of the current all black.
    See attached image. From left: Spotify > Sparrow Mail App > Airmail 2.5.
    With that, a slightly thicker font that's easier to read on the dark background. Again, compare with Spotify and Sparrow mail.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Mail Window - Info header expandable

After finally daring the switch from my beloved old Sparrow I did notice a small layout glitch in the E-Mail windows /view and one little function missing there. Attached I did a little comparison.

1)What got my attention is that the sender and receiver are not aligned properly in one line which is distracting to my eyes. It just looks like a layout glitch that should be very easy to fix (see Sparrow window on the left side where this is solved properly).

2) In Sparrow there was a small "i" in the Maii header. Clicking this button allowed to…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. More compact theme

All themes use very large fonts in message list so number of emails visible on screen is limited. On my MacBook Air 13" I get 16 in Pro Slim versus 22 in equivalent view in Mail.

Can you make a more compact option?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Layout  ·  Admin →
  8. Is there a way to make the SENDER in bold instead of the SUBJECT?

When you look at the list of emails in your inbox, the sender is in regular type and the subject of the e-mail is in bold. Is there a way or a setting to reverse that? I'd prefer to see the Sender's name in bold instead of the e-mail subject.
    Thanks!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Layout  ·  Admin →
  9. Multi-window improvements

Hey. This drives me crazy...having multiple Airmail windows open and trying to navigate between them. I know I can do this using Ctrl+Airmail icon in the dock, but should be easier!

For example, if I have one received message open in it's own window as a reference point, Airmail open and a couple of draft emails open, switching between each one is hard work. It would really help me if all Airmail windows had shortcuts on them to other open Airmail windows. I find I am constantly moving and resizing windows so I can find or easily reference each one…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Bug in Message Detail window (Mac OS)

Airmail 3.5.3 (461)
    MacBook Pro running OS X 10.11.6 (15G17023)
    Preferences->Appearance as shown in first attachment

Problem: text wrapping in Message Detail pane truncates message text on right margin, but only after Message Details have been turned off and then back on. Restarting Airmail fixes the problem. I have replicated the problem and show the steps to make it appear.

1. Figure Detail-Window-Normal.png shows the message detail window behaving properly - right edge wraps text in the message

2. Now close the Message Detail pane, either with command+left-arrow or using the View->Hide-Message-Detail.

3. Re-open the Message Detail pane using either…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It will be great if my mail can sort by date view (Today, Yesterday, Thursday...etc)

Once I changed to use microsoft Outlook because of this future, but still like Airmail overall performance, fast and seldom crash.

It will be great if airmail can have this feature

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Let me read the full e-mail instead of making me scroll from side to side!

I would much rather sacrifice ~visual quality~ for not having to scroll back and forth just to read the full contents of an e-mail. Zoom out doesn't work to do this (it won't let me zoom out to the point where I don't have to scroll side to side).

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Background COLORS: Mailboxes and individual

Maybe it's just not working for me but I want to be able to select a COLORS from ALL color pallets with adjustments for saturation, etc.

1. ALL emails in a mailbox (From: and Subject) will appear in.

2. ALSO the choice to color the emails that are open.

3. ALSO color individual emails in a mailbox.

-------

Right now, all emails in every mail box list appear white with teeeeny weeeeny triangles of color off to the left. That's worthless to me.

I want to look inside, for example, my Inbox and see everything in light mint green or…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Separate VIP's per account instead of displaying them all together.

Only display VIP's related to the Account. If in "All Accounts" view, that's when you can display all VIP's from multiple accounts.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please implement feature / option to not shorten url names in the body of an email. It's okay to shorten an actual long "http://....." link,

Please implement feature / option to not shorten url names in the body of an email. It's okay to shorten an actual long "http://....." link, but if it's HTML formatted and it's the subject of the hyperlink please don't shorten it. Some newsletters get messed up because of this and I can't read the sentence they are writing because Airmail shortens the last few words in the actual sentence (which happen to be part of a link)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make the "new Account" window movable

When going to the preferences and creating a new account, the window is stuck in the middle of the screen, without a possibility to move it. This is quite annoying.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Focus Mode for inbox zero: only search & compose & send emails

Get me a 'focus mode' in Airmail: hide all notifications and inboxes, only show me the option to search for existing email or compose a new one.

You and me, we both need email for communication. And even if you are into GTD (getting things done) or any other productivity tool and only check thrice a day, you need to search for existing emails once in a while to get to information you need for that presentation or report.

But then, shit hits the fan: airmail shows X new messages and one might be important, you look at them (our…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Active window should follow the same grey/white behavior as the rest of OS X

The current color scheme makes Airmail look permanently inactive, instead of following the grey-for-active/white-for-inactive window colors that every other native app follows.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. reduce email border roundness

The current border around the email text has very round corners. It does not go well with the rest of UI elements that are flat and rectangular.
    Also because the round corners, the current padding between the border and email text seem to be unnecessarily wide.
    I think it would look better if the roundness can be reduced.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Airmail Mac 3.x

Feedback and Knowledge Base