Airmail Mac 3.x

How can we improve Airmail?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Switching of account ,etc.

I would like to place Icons for switching of account on top of the window.

And, I like that the description is displayed under account Icon Instead of e-mail address.

(like attached png's file)

But,I love Airmail. So cool !

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Layout  ·  Admin →
  2. Toolbar customization - rearrange folders

I'd like to be able to orginize the toolbar the way I need it. Reorginize Inbox and Sent folder locations, add folders from my Exchange server to the tool bar, say to be located under the Inbox.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Layout  ·  Admin →
  3. labels

It would be great to have the chance to group threads for labels or categories in the inbox. Something similar to Google Inbox.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Many icons of poor quality - very annoying

The Airmail icons for the task-bar, notifications area and in some places of the app itself are of poor quality, rough and jagged. Please update, it's very annoying to use a beautiful mail app with ugly, discouraging icons...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Citation Colors

Airmail marks citations in E-Mails only with brackets (>, >> and son on) and not as in Apple Mail with colored text and lines! This is in my opinion a major disadvantage of the programme, because text / conversations get very unreadable and don´t appear clearly, which is very annoying for the usability.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Toggle Menu

Is there a way to toggle (view and hide button or command shortcut) the menus - accounts sidebar?
    Please refer to the images.

Thanks

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. More compact theme

All themes use very large fonts in message list so number of emails visible on screen is limited. On my MacBook Air 13" I get 16 in Pro Slim versus 22 in equivalent view in Mail.

Can you make a more compact option?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Layout  ·  Admin →
  8. The app in split view mode takes to much space

When using Airmail in split view mode it takes to much space. In my case mail app shares screen together with messenger app but Airmail takes most of it. It should be possile to easy/fast hide message pane or list of messages and share screen 50/50.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Extended "Dark" UI to list area and/or preview areas (for night view/stargazing)

Hello, I conduct a lot of night ops and was hoping to have a "dark/night mode" for the entire app. Your desktop mail app has been and remains to be my number one essential go to for all my mail and I thank you for this wholeheartedly. Example of another apps that provide subjective UI this in attachment. Kind regards!

81 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sort the incoming email by date and week like outlook

Sort the incoming email by date and week like outlook. The first week by day and later on by week or month

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It will be great if my mail can sort by date view (Today, Yesterday, Thursday...etc)

Once I changed to use microsoft Outlook because of this future, but still like Airmail overall performance, fast and seldom crash.

It will be great if airmail can have this feature

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Gmail Signatures

Would it be possible to pull in Gmail Signatures? I and many of my clients use Airmail to access gmail/Apps accounts and it's a pain for me to have to setup graphical signatures in both Gmail and then in Airmail. If Airmail could pull from Gmail the signature setting imho this would be a great feature. thanks

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Improve white space and line height in the messages list (OSX El Capitan font)

Dear Sirs,

No matter if i display the profile icons, the message description, or the theme, I would like to mention the lack of whitespace between each element on the message list. As you know, OSX El Capitan uses a new system font "San Francisco UI" and the message list looks quite cluttered now. The line height is also too little and it makes the list a bit weird.

I've attached a screenshot with my suggestion.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Filled label colors and menu background color

I would like the label colors to be filled and not have this other border colors. Would be more consistent.

Also it would be nice with a brighter tone of the background color in the left menu. A greyscale instead of the current all black.
    See attached image. From left: Spotify > Sparrow Mail App > Airmail 2.5.
    With that, a slightly thicker font that's easier to read on the dark background. Again, compare with Spotify and Sparrow mail.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow creating custom "Universal inboxes" or multi filter dynamic folders

Mac Mail allows us to create dynamic filtered folders from several criteria.

In my case I have multiple accounts and within those accounts I have some subfolders.

For general browsing I would like to be able to choose whichever multiple folder to display in one single dynamic inbox.

Either that or allowing the creation of dynamic universal inboxes, set by each message criteira.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Better monitoring of conversations

There are two ways to view messages in a single thread. With conversations turned off, they are individual messages, but you cannot see visually which are related. So, if you're on a message that you received at 4:00, you can't see visually in your inbox that another email that was part of the same conversation came in at 4:30 and a third at 5:00. When you are on a message, Airmail should highlight messages that are pat of the same conversation.

With conversations turned on, all the messages are grouped together, but there's no indication as to which ones you've…

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Layout  ·  Admin →
  17. Display Pic for account turns upside down every now and then.

Display Pic for account turns upside down every now and then. It fixes itself when I click on the image.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make the "new Account" window movable

When going to the preferences and creating a new account, the window is stuck in the middle of the screen, without a possibility to move it. This is quite annoying.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When in fullscreen mode, new messages should be in same screen as the client.

Much like Apple's Mail.app in El Capitan, new messages should not open a brand new "Space" or "Window" or whatever they call a full screen window now.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I still don't understand why anyone thinks this is good design

This is a screenshot from a 27" monitor. Look where the task list is. You have to take a train to get there. Why not make the left side more flexible, so that it remains under the mailbox list and gradually moves down as you add boxes. Just planting it in the lower left with such a small font makes it almost useless.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Airmail Mac 3.x

Feedback and Knowledge Base