Airmail Mac 3.x

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. macOS Sierra support

Hi there!

I'm sure you're testing macOS Sierra, but I just wanted to give you feedback about some bugs I'm seeing on 10.12.

The Compose window has fields that are messed up on macOS Sierra. When I double click on the subject field, for example, it does not highlight and remove the existing text, it writes over it so the text looks all jumbled.

Steps to reproduce:
    - Forward an email message
    - Double click the Subject field to highlight text
    - Type to replace the text with new text
    - The old text does not go away, but is…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Composer  ·  Admin →
  2. reply all

Reply All should not include MY email address in the "To" field. Other email clients do not do this, and it causes a "Sent and Archived" email to pop back in my inbox against almost immediately.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. New mails to be sent from receiving mailbox by default when clicking "mailto:" links in emails

I have several mailbox's; one personal and several for business. When I receive an email which contains "mailto:" links it would be good if clicking on a link opened a new composer window using the same mailbox as received the original message, by default. Apple Mail does this. Currently, a new message is created using the primary account which means I have to remember to change this every time to avoid business contacts receiving my personal email address.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Space bar

Spacebar double tap for period.

• Similar to texting where you can double tap the space bar and result in a period for the previous sentence.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Automatically Select 'From' Account

It'd be great if 'From' account is automatically selected based on domain name of recipients email addresses.

I have private and work account configured in Airmail. Most of my email communication is to my work collegues - and they have email in the same domain that my work email.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Delay time changed on its own

I had delay set for 60 seconds. After recent upgrade to 3.0, it changed to 5 seconds. Please program upgrades so they don't overwrite my user-defined settings.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Reorganize order of head matter

After, uh, decades of email my muscle memory flat out refuses to accommodate to the order Airmail has for headers. Starting with To: and ending with Subject: is just wrong, and I cannot get used to it. The Subject: is first in every other email client I've ever used, and I cannot get used to it not being first.

Is there any way I can adjust the headers to my preference? I almost never need Bcc: or Reply To: so I'd like to hide them unless I need them, and I NEED to be able to restructure it so Subject:…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Preference to turn off signature sync

Currently with Preferences sync turned on the signature for a single account becomes consistent across clients. This is not necessarily the desired behaviour. For my Gmail account, on my Mac I like to have the full signature while on the iPhone I like the usual 'sent from my iPhone'. This is not possible in the current implementation and I have to change the signature each time which is highly annoying.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. signature

When using alias for an account, signature of new emails are always Sent with Airmail, and can't be changed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Reply/Reply All behavior

Apple Mail has a cool trick with the Reply/Reply All keyboard shortcuts. If I tap Cmd-R to open a reply window and then change my mind, deciding I need to Reply All, all I have to do is tap Cmd-Shift-R, and the open message is populated with all the other recipients. The reverse also works, if I inadvertently Reply All, I can use Cmd-R to switch to just the one sender as recipient. I would love it if Airmail 2 could do the same thing.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. "Send and Archive" option appears to do nothing on OS X

On iOS, the "Send and Archive" preference changes the behavior of ⌘-enter from just Sending to Sending and Archiving. On OS X, the shortcut is always ;⌘-shift-enter to send and archive. What's the function of this setting?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Signatures

Give a choice of automatically not including a signature for forwarded emails as well as replies.

The lack of choice here is surprising. Its also common practice to include a signature (with a corporate logo) on new emails. To include such a signature in a forwarded email looks tacky

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Composer  ·  Admin →
  14. Proper line spacing when pasting from MS Word

When pasting text from a MS Word document, Airmail 2 has the same problem as Apple Mail: it makes the text look double spaced instead of single spaced. However, when viewed in Gmail, the same text looks ok again -- so it seems to be a display issue. Can this be changed? Gmail doesn't have this problem, nor does Outlook.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. dropdown compose window

Would be great if there was an option to have the compose window drop down from main window instead of pop out...Like the quick replies does.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Text Sources (Templates)

Create and save pre-defined text sources (templates), that are used very often and can be pasted in any e-mail by choosing from a menu or some kind of shortcut. This would be a very powerful function for business man, who have to write the same text passages over and over again.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Save my work if internet connection is not available

if (working && internet connection drops) then
    alertMessage( Sorry, our app is rude and we just lose your work, we don't bother telling you because we are lazy)

alertMessage( We cannot even be bothered to let you save your work to drafts, everything depends on your server connection. We realise this is a useless state of affairs, and probably should have been included before we could call this an email application, but we have your money so we don't care!)

do until (developers make a decent app) {
    Check internet connection before clicking send
    Don't rely on wifi bars, as…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add option to auto-complete email addresses from history of senders

It seems from the documentation that Airmail will happily suggest address I've emailed in the past from Airmail. However it won't look through my IMAP history and suggest people who've emailed me, or even through my sent messages folder to suggest addresses I've emailed in the past using a different Mail client. We haven't all been using Airmail forever! (I know that I should probably put some of these into my address book, but this probably won't happen for everyone). It turns out that I rely on this feature in Mail.app quite a a bit.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Composer  ·  Admin →
  19. New Email from menu bar

I'd like to be able to compose a new email from the menu bar instead of having to bring Airmail into focus first. Better yet, I'd love to have the menubar icon available even after I quit the Airmail app.

With this, I would be able to create and send an email without being distracted by the emails that might have come in since I last checked.

Bonus if I could create a global mac keyboard shortcut to send an email right when I'm thinking about it without having to launch the app in all it's glory

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Default Account by Receipient

Presently when composing an email you always have to remember to set the Account (to send).

However, it would be beneficial if Airmail noticed that I always use certain accounts to email certain people. That way it would automatically set the right account based on the first recipient specified on the email.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base