Airmail Mac 3.x

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New emails are marked as read

New emails are being marked as read automatically ONLY when Airmail is open. When I close Airmail it is fine. The computer is not in use and there are no other clients.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Interaction  ·  Admin →
  2. Swipe Multiple Selected Emails

When you have multiple threads selected if would be very helpful if you could swipe them all at the same time. I switched over from MailBox (thanks for adding snooze!) and you could batch swipe emails with ease. This helps when your snoozing a large amount of emails or archiving or deleting.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Open the reply sent to a message when clicking on the Reply arrow on the left side of the message list

In Apple mail when a message has been replied to you can click on the little reply arrow that shows up in the message list, and it will open the reply email you had sent. I love this feature. We have the arrow in AM3 showing that it has been replied to, but can't click it. Please make it clickable.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Display labels automatically created by Gmail rules

When downloading new messages, Airmail does not seem to consistently display labels that are automatically created by Gmail's own rules. Other email apps such as Spark manage to do this, so it seems to be technically feasible.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Better (faster) animations

Deleting several emails feels insanely sluggish because it does this swipe left animation which lasts about a second. So deleted 3 emails one by one goes from being a 1 second operation to being a 5 second operation.

Please either improve these animations or add a pref to disable them. I have zero interest in using swipes so I don't need the app to show this to me.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Interaction  ·  Admin →
  6. Keep new message window in front when toggling between apps

As you write a new message its useful to toggle between apps to get information, drag and attachment etc.. But when I toggle back to Airmail the composer window is always in the back making things like drag and drop impossible unless I plan ahead of time and place my inbox and composer window side by side. The composer window should stay in front when toggling back to Airmail.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Interaction  ·  Admin →
  7. BUG: actions on single mail apply to full conversation

Airmail 3 for Mac v. 3.3.2

when opening a conversation, there's the actions on the top that should apply for the entire conversation.
    When selecting a single message from the conversation, there's the same actions - just that they should only apply to that particular message.

However, that distinction does not work.

I've single-moved the oldest message in a conversation to a folder - yet the whole conversation moves along.

I've single-deleted the most recent message in a conversation - yet the whole conversation goes to the trash can.

mailed this bug report to tech support, but no reply after…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Shortcuts randomly stop working

Frequently while managing my inbox and doing things like archiving (e), moving to trash (shift+3), labeling (l), and starring messages, I'll get some unexpected behavior: a keystroke (possibly fat-fingered) will cause my inbox to filter on something like unread messages or messages with attachments. After clearing the filter, keyboard shortcuts no longer work! It takes a restart of the app to get them working again.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Swipe Sensitivity is too low?

Comparing to the swipe sensitivity of Spark, Airmail is pretty terrible. I can swipe just a little bit to get Spark to react, however, I had to swipe a long distance on my track pad to get Airmail to start recognizing my swipe. Deleting the email by swiping is really really awkward because of this. I am seeing a lot of similar feedbacks below, but it seems like Airmail team just don't care about this horrible user experience? Please fix this!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Links in emails will not open in any browser.

In Preferences > Appearance I have unchecked Autoload Remote Images. Links in email messages are clickable – mousing over the link shows the link and the cursor changes to a pointer – but clicking the link doesn't open it in a browser. I first have to load remote images for the message and then clicking a link opens it in a browser. These are just simple text links already embedded in the message, so is this a bug or a feature?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add a "Send and Snooze" button option when sending a message - like send and archive

I love the "Send and Archive" button, but often I need to Send and then snooze so I can make sure an item was followed up on or completed by whomever I'm sending it to. So can we add a "Send and Snooze" button to the composer window when sending an email.. Click the button and it would open up the normal snooze option list, select the snooze and then the email would send.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Clicking on Airmail dock item should bring minimised window back on screen

With other apps you can bring back a minimised screen by clicking on the apps Dock icon. With Airmail you need to click on the minimised Airmail window on the right hand side of the dock. Clicking on the dock icon does nothing. Minor, but pretty annoying.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Better initial installation screens -tell you what to turn on / off in MAC (especially if you have had Apple Mail and Outlook installed)

Email is complicated. can you add or improve the set up and installation to identify things that need turning on or off in a Mac especially if you have Outlook installed and also have Apple Mail but want Airmail to be the only client for email.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Feature Request: Clicking account icon when already in account opens Inbox

Currently, clicking the account icon (bottom right) of the open account does nothing.

Suggested change: clicking account icon of the open account opens the Inbox of the selected account (if not already open).

Reason: I often press the account icon hoping to get to the account's inbox - but often I'm already in the account, perhaps Sent folder, Archive or Search, and so pressing the account icon does nothing...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Set Drag Drop behaviour to folders.

Pardon me if this functionality exists and I cannot find it.

I would like the behavior setting of when I drag an email from Inbox to a label to be selectable, either to Move the email totally, or just to add the new label to the email and keep it in the Inbox. Some Key+Drag option would be useful, as well as a Default setting.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hotkey for snooze

Snooze faster by using a hotkey

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make a message autoscroll

On Airmail 2, when you get a long email message, and you want to select the full text...it won't let you select the full text if the email is longer then the app-window. It just doesn't scroll down for you to be able to select the rest of the message. Kinda annoying...This means I have to copy - paste parts of the message in order to get the full content.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Search results for: In Airmail 3, 3.2.4, OS Sierra 10.12.3, The highlighting of current message in list is pale-really, invisible-no matter

In the list, the selected message is not highlighted in any visible way-- true on my external monitor as well as my MacBook Pro Retina display.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add functionality to OS X menu icon like "create mail" or "go to inbox" etc

Add functionality to the menu icon so that when I click on it I get a menu with things to do like create a message, go to inbox, see only unread, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Delete key action

Small request: If your cursor focus is in an email, rather than in the email list, the DELETE key does not function. I wish it did!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base